Sixers 2017-18

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Hens79 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:
Hens79 wrote:And Embid getting into another scuffle on the court. This is starting to be part of his schictk where he wants to make sure he is the center of attention, this time on the international stage. I just don't find that appealing. And I am starting a poll to predict Embid's next injury that will cause him to miss games. He has recently added back and hand injuries. He is an incredible talent but just isn't on the court enough and showing signs that he may never be.


Your distaste for Embid must have fogged-over your eyesight on that one. Who really has the schictk here?


No schtick here. I think Embid is really good but he acts like he has done more than he has. Schick means to me you are kinda faking it. Which I think Embid is at times with the tough man act. Maybe he is trying to win over Khloe Khardasian who told him to get more famous then try again with her? Anyway, I was at Grotto's and glanced up at the tv saw and some big black guys jawing. I must have seen it a little later in the incident but Embid was out there among it but evidently he did not instigate it. An honest mistake based on his "schtick". What's it to you?
Hens79
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Youdee Blues on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

What's it to me? Just pointing out a fact. Nothing more than a message board topical discussion, and followup. It's what we do here.
Youdee Blues
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Lewes, DE
UD Class: 1996

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby 00bluehen on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:49 pm

How good are the Celtics, though??

Keep dreaming, City of Tankers :lol:
User avatar
00bluehen
 
Posts: 5550
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:57 pm
UD Class: 2000

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Hens79 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:What's it to me? Just pointing out a fact. Nothing more than a message board topical discussion, and followup. It's what we do here.


No that's not what you did. You went beyond pointing out a fact. That's what UDForever did regrading my Post about Embid. You opinied on what you think I think about Embid and called it "schictk". There. That should set the record straight. It IS what we do here at gohens.
Hens79
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Youdee Blues on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 am

Whatever.

And for the record, I'm with you on your thoughts of Embid. I think your point is well taken that he just needs to get to playing for longer stretches, rather than creating a buzz for the crowd. Do something to deserve it first. That being said, I absolutely love the guy and his potential for this program.

It's just that in this case it wasn't he that caused the stir as you posted. You have fallen on your sword for this already. Fine by me.
Youdee Blues
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Lewes, DE
UD Class: 1996

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby UDPat on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 am

Hens79 wrote:
Youdee Blues wrote:What's it to me? Just pointing out a fact. Nothing more than a message board topical discussion, and followup. It's what we do here.


No that's not what you did. You went beyond pointing out a fact. That's what UDForever did regrading my Post about Embid. You opinied on what you think I think about Embid and called it "schictk". There. That should set the record straight. It IS what we do here at gohens.



Well take better notes at Grotto's!!!

You point out everybody's faults on here with their opinions. And you were caught with the bloody knife in your hand on this one and still come up with excuses.

You were 100% wrong in your post. Take better notes!!!
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Hens79 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 am

UDPat wrote:
Hens79 wrote:
Youdee Blues wrote:What's it to me? Just pointing out a fact. Nothing more than a message board topical discussion, and followup. It's what we do here.


No that's not what you did. You went beyond pointing out a fact. That's what UDForever did regrading my Post about Embid. You opinied on what you think I think about Embid and called it "schictk". There. That should set the record straight. It IS what we do here at gohens.



Well take better notes at Grotto's!!!

You point out everybody's faults on here with their opinions. And you were caught with the bloody knife in your hand on this one and still come up with excuses.

You were 100% wrong in your post. Take better notes!!!


Bloody knife :D You are funny, dude. But thanks for following me. I do appreciate it. And learn to read better. I said I got it wrong. That's the "fact" part. But of course, I stick by my main theme or the "opinion" part right about Embid and his "look at me" schtick. My other antagonist even said he agreed with my "opinion". What about you, bro? Hope I taught you the difference between a fact and an opinion.

And hey, are the Phillies going to get a starting pitcher? Make a text or phone call and get back to us :D
Hens79
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Youdee Blues on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:18 am

Whoa. I said I get your point, and agree that he needs to get the job done before gloating so much. But that doesn't mean that I agree with your obvious distaste for Embid. The guy is a stud.
Youdee Blues
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Lewes, DE
UD Class: 1996

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Hens79 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 am

Youdee Blues wrote:Whoa. I said I get your point, and agree that he needs to get the job done before gloating so much. But that doesn't mean that I agree with your obvious distaste for Embid. The guy is a stud.


Now c'mon. It doesn't hurt to agree with me :D And you do about his "gloating", act, look at me ... whatever you care to call it. And I have said Emid is a super star numerous times. He obviously is. So we agree there. I can have those two thought in my head at once. He just needs to be on the court more before any statue construction begins. That's what I have a real distaste for, long, loosing filled rebuild seasons, aka in this case "The Process". I hope I cleared that up?
Hens79
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby Caribbean Hen on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

00bluehen wrote:How good are the Celtics, though??

Keep dreaming, City of Tankers :lol:


You mean the ones out on the Delaware ?
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
User avatar
Caribbean Hen
 
Posts: 8463
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:07 am
Location: San Juan Puerto Rico
UD Class: 2024

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby bluehenbillk on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am

Nice win yesterday...1st time they've beaten one of the 3 best from the East this season.
No one likes us we don't care
User avatar
bluehenbillk
 
Posts: 10795
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am
Location: Home is where the heart is
UD Class: 1991

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby UDForever on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Redick out for two weeks.
UDForever
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby bluehenbillk on Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am

UDForever wrote:Redick out for two weeks.


That translates normally to two months in Sixers medical land.... :roll:
No one likes us we don't care
User avatar
bluehenbillk
 
Posts: 10795
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am
Location: Home is where the heart is
UD Class: 1991

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby UDForever on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Well, Embiid is now an All Star starter.
UDForever
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: Sixers 2017-18

Postby HENJOHN on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Anyone who is a fan and hasn't been up to a game, try and do so. The atmosphere has been great and the action has been worth the trip. Much different vibe than previous seasons.
User avatar
HENJOHN
 
Posts: 7871
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Bear & Ocean View, Delaware
UD Class: 1981

PreviousNext

Return to Hen Droppings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest