Phillies 2018

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.

Re: Phillies 2018

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Picked up my 2018 Street & Smith MLB Magazine and they have Phil's ending up 4th in NL East. Starting lineup of Hernandez, Crawford, N Williams, Hoskins, Santana, Herrara, Franco and Alfaro. Starting staff of Nola, Eickoff, Velasquez, J Thompson and Ben Lively.....they predict Yankees over Nats in World Series.....Phil's were 6-22 in May last season. Killer.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby bluehenbillk on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm

Hernandez won't last the year. Kingery is coming.
No one likes us we don't care
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Agree on Kingery.
HENJOHN

Postby Caribbean Hen on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 pm

all great comments and too many to quote, but like them all

a few predictions, comments and song out of the gate

Hoskins - I did predict last year that he was getting ready to go on a power tear, and he sure did, Now get ready for a bit of the Sophmore jynx, not that he wont be good but man what a rookie year he had after being called up, what took them so long to get him up, you just have to expect a bit of growing pains this year as the pitchers adjust

7. Jhailyn Ortiz, OF, my boy has moved up to the # 7 prospect in the organization after not being rated last year, I talked him up as a Seventenn year old back in 16, he learned that game at 17 that love was meant for beauty queens.... ha, Jhailyn is no beauty but he sure can hit.....

Will the Mickster be able to make the jump to AA this year? or another long season in A ball for the Cali kid, anyone seen my surfboard... Florida State league coming up

Sixto - no realation to Lezcano Sanchez - #2 now behind Crawford, stay healthy kid and who knows where you might end up this year, how about a September call up

Galvis, I was never a fan of Galveston, he was 21 but I never dreamed of Galveston, good move shipping him off, not sure about the young pitching prospect they got for him but some spicy mustard to go with a Phillie dog would of been good enough, just put Crawford at SS and forget about Freddy never ready Galvis..... looks like the rest of the Mlb general managers tend to see way, you need a dynamic SS , lets See if Galvis really has some pop in his bat out in San The Gran Canyon San Diego park

Santana, what can you say after what Joec said.... not a damn thing.... but I will just say I like Carlos better than Joseph, Hey Joe, is it true your boy Jerry Garcia gave Santana a hit of acid before the Soul Sacrifice performance at Woodstock.... Carlos should be forever greatful dead

Is Alfaro 26 years old yet with creaky knees, if so it must be time for him to finally crack the line up and win the backstop....

I saw all the comments on Kingery, couldnt agree more he is a keeper, hope finds a way on the field early.... I really like Kingery

Franco the Dominican Abinico needs a sugar Daddy that will take him under his wing and get his air head screwed on right, maybe Santana is the hombre for that huge job, Franco is still capable of exploding with homers ala Edwin Encarnacion who was a late blommer, he needs a fresh outlook.......if he can get hot, maybe can be dealt for some arms....
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby joe c on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Whether this is a concern or not I do not know but Kingery's swing and miss dramatically increased from double A to To Triple A... Regardless you have to love this kid...

I have to its so darn good....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4gc8iBDaI
joe c

Postby HENJOHN on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 pm

So no Jake Arrieta now? Hell, Ordrizzi would have been nice.
HENJOHN

Postby Hens79 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Who has heard Kapler talk much from Spring Training? To me, he sounds phoney, like he is working off a script and like he is managing a high school school team or even a lower level. Both my son and my wife, who is a minimal baseball fan, asked separately "who the heck is this guy"? when they saw him on the news.
Hens79

Postby Youdee Blues on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:38 am

It seems similar to that guy who comes in for a job interview and bluffs his way through it with a bunch of puffing and use of big words. He may end up doing fine, but somehow it feels like he's trying to sell me on the quality of the Subaru Outback when I only came in to kick the tires on the Gran Torino.
Youdee Blues

UD Class: 1996

Previous

Return to Hen Droppings