Phillies 2018

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.

Re: Phillies 2018

Postby Caribbean Hen on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 pm

you are the best Joe... that summary is off the charts! it's good to know there are still a few baseball fans left ....

a few names
Francy Cordero for the Padres really has a nice lefthanded power stroke going

Walker Bueher debut for the Dodgers tonight, he throws alot of pitches but can be electric...

Moncada might be waking up

Low minors - Juan Soto advanced to High A after a torrid start, only 19, might be the best hitting prospect under 20

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2018/ALL
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby joe c on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:11 am

Wow! Soto is impressive 19... That what we don't have...The Mickster really struggling..Only 2 extra base hits..Randolph hitting a buck 50, Hassley holding his own but nothing special...Tonight The Mickster hit 5th...HUH...R u kidding me...He has no power and you hit him 5th?...Ortiz hitting a buck 50....What even makes it worse is the reports I get say Moniak isn't playing good defense....He is still very young and maybe he will work out...The last 3 number ones have been very disappointing to say the least...Mickster doesn't even Walk....Soto just got promoted BTW....
joe c

Postby bluehenbillk on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:21 am

Who's ready for more pissing & moaning? Thursday's game is televised ONLY on Facebook again.....
No one likes us we don't care
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby joe c on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:15 am

Guess who... Like I told you I can build a deck by myself but don't know how to do facebook..lolol...WIP will be lit up like a Christmas tree,,,,
joe c

Postby Caribbean Hen on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Mahle is throwing lasers at the Braves, no hitter thru 6 with 11 ponchos
Caribbean Hen

Postby joe c on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 am

Phillies looking feeble..Santana continues to kill us..Kingery and Alfaro looked lost..As I posted previously they have found a hole in Kingery..He is on pace to strike out 165 times..Ouch...He is flailing at anything that bends. He looks awful..He is swinging at pitches in the dirt..Since he knows he cannot hit a 12 to 6 or a short slider he is tardy on any heat... He needs to make adjustments and it aint easy..
Alfaro is out of options so he must stay..They both have work to do..VV continues his inconsistency...
Santana has to pick it up....

At Reading....JoJo gets hit again and is 0 and 3..
Clearwater...Hall hits his 7th a walk off in bottom of 9th
Rosso was scheduled but rained out at Lakewood
joe c

Postby bluehenbillk on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:04 am

I agree Santana needs to start hitting & Kingery needs to make some adjustments.

Vinny V - we've been talking about the same issues with him for way too long - they need to sh*t or get off the pot with him.

Otherwise, I wouldn't bet too upset, they're playing .636 ball & lost to the best team in the NL last night.

Braves & Marlins coming up next, Acuna got called up...
No one likes us we don't care
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby Youdee Blues on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am

Maybe if coach Ken Doll didn't have Kingery playing every position under the sun he'd have that chance to focus a bit on his hitting. But that's just me thinking with some common sense. What do I know?
Youdee Blues

UD Class: 1996

Postby UDPat on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:Maybe if coach Ken Doll didn't have Kingery playing every position under the sun he'd have that chance to focus a bit on his hitting. But that's just me thinking with some common sense. What do I know?

Naw, He just needs a new perspective of the game. A few games(2) with a view from the bench is exactly what is needed. No doubt He is a player, but there are always growing pains
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby Youdee Blues on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:04 pm

So true, but somehow I think this coach's analytics would tell him he needs to ride the pine for 1 game and 3.5 innings. Probably he'd have to move his seat location every third batter too.

:P
Youdee Blues

Postby joe c on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Playing multi positions has nothing nothing to do with his swing. And its not his swing BTW... His swing is sweet... He may never learn... There is an old baseball tale that goes After 2 weeks the rookie writes home and says mom this easier than i thought I am hitting 350 mashing homers and am talk off the world..2 weeks later he writes home and says mom get my room ready they are throwing curve balls.... .A seat on the bench wont help either Pat...He needs to play and learn. He needs to recognize ball rotation...Hopefully he will..Alfaro is another one...Alfaro is out of options so he must stay..Kingery makes to much to be sent down which its where he maybe should be....Right now he isn't picking it up and he wont learn that by sitting...I'll bet on Kingery figuring it out....In the meantime we just wait...The biggest problem is now because of that weakness he is late on heat when he gets one....You want to learn nMath problems you do Math problems..In the meantime we are still winning...

The Phillies catchers are batting 213 collectively and that is 16th in the league....How sad is that? Bench must be throwing up...The problem Mr Youdee isn't Kingery playing different positions the problem as I identified from go is the needless signing of Santana...Hoskins is your first baseman..Where would you play him/ Certainly not at second... Santana will hit but wasn't needed. Kingery is going through growing pains and lets hope he learns and doesn't end up another Roger Freed....He will keep seeing the deuce in the dirt until he learns to stay off it...Some guys learn faster than others...It took another former slugger Greg Luzinski awhile....My guess is Kingery will sit tonight..We will see...I would play him...The guys I would sit tonight are Santana and Alfaro...
joe c

Postby Caribbean Hen on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:44 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Braves & Marlins coming up next, Acuna got called up..

get ready to see something special, now I can get a little more excited about my Braves and stop this two timing thing I have going on with the Phils..... :D

Kingery prediction, in 2 weeks he will write another letter to Moma that says, go ahead and rent out my room Mama I wont be coming back home for a long time..... meaning he will be hitting again
Caribbean Hen

Postby Youdee Blues on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:37 pm

joe c wrote:Playing multi positions has nothing nothing to do with his swing.

I respectfully disagree. As you say, it's not his swing, it's his approach, but getting comfortable at your position may help free up your mind to tackle that ball in the dirt. My thoughts anyway.

BTW, the Phils are 26th out of 30 in team fielding stats. Simply nothing to write home about. This position swapping and continually playing the shift may just be adding to those totals.

I think the kid will tackle this issue either way. Pretty impressed by him.
Youdee Blues

Postby Caribbean Hen on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:
joe c wrote:Playing multi positions has nothing nothing to do with his swing.

I respectfully disagree. As you say, it's not his swing, it's his approach, but getting comfortable at your position may help free up your mind to tackle that ball in the dirt. My thoughts anyway.

BTW, the Phils are 26th out of 30 in team fielding stats. Simply nothing to write home about. This position swapping and continually playing the shift may just be adding to those totals.

I think the kid will tackle this issue either way. Pretty impressed by him.

youdee, I had mentioned much earlier that I thought one of the reasons the Phils think they can play Kingery at multiple positions and not affect his hitting was because of his mental make up, remember Yogi said half the game is 90 % mental, he just needs to relax a bit take a deep breath and let the game come to him, he is pressing a bit..... besides Robbie Ray is a strike out machine.... Kingery will be fine IMHO..... book it! :D
Caribbean Hen

Postby joe c on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:11 pm

C I love youdee but he is incorrect here...It has nothing to do with where he plays.. He is out in front.He is getting his foot down too early..He is pulling off the ball C which is why he has so much trouble outside. That is the technical aspect . Him chasing balls out of zone is another issue. Some guys never learn to hit a bender..Actually it is just the opposite. Having a poor time at the plate can effect your defense..Right now the only thing d running....Kingery can hit is a mistake.. Youdee how many positions did he play when he was hot as fire... I recall the same..It has nothing whatsoever And Kingery would be first to tell you that..He will be fine...

Cesar off an running....
joe c

PreviousNext

Return to Hen Droppings