Phillies 2018

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.

Re: Phillies 2018

Postby joe c on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:50 am

Farm Report...
Lehigh...Zach Green has been promoted from Reading being tried at 1B...He was a high round pick and is still young...Very highly thought of when drafted never did much then this year regrouped at Reading..Lehigh is 54 37 on year but mostly a veteran squad that may actually may be average age older than Phillies.

Reading...Couple tings to report..Jo Jo w 7 shutout last night pitching much better..Upping his stock?
We also have an interesting pitcher surfacing name Kyle Dohy 21 year old hard thrower who has been promoted twice this year...He has 105k's in just 65 innings gthru 3 teams..First Lakewood then Clearwater and now for Reading... He walks to many is only drawback..and he is a lefty..
Hasslet starting out well hitting 364

Clearwater...Rosso gave up 10 hits and 4 runs thru 6 yesterday...6k's
Lakewood...Lets keep eye on Short Nick Maton showing signs.Has a little pop...playing well...Dave Parkinson continues to impress. The 22 year old from Mississippi now sports an ERA of 1.64 w 101K's in 82 innings..Soon to be promoted I would think..

Williamsport..News not Good on Brohm. He is in a walking boot..Nothing really standing out here so far

GCL West..Hearing good things on a young kid name Yerwin Trejo..out fielder A plus speed..
GCL East.. Lets keep eye on Carlos De La Cruz this 18 year old is 6'8....outfielder. Another Catcher Juan Aparicio...These Rookie teams are dotted with international signings...
joe c

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:28 am

love the minor league report Joe,

Kyle Dohy is very interesting to say the least, 16th rounder from the 2017 draft

You mention Rosso...

Did you happen to notice Clearwater was playing the Braves FSL team the past 2 night

I mention this as I have said the Braves and Phils will be going at each other for the forseable future and this rivarly goes all the way down to A Ball

Last night Clearwater went up against the Braves 2nd pick in the 2016 draft, a High school Lefty named Joey Wentz

Wentz has been outstanding in the FSL

The night before it was the Braves first pick from the 2016 draft

Ian Anderson - who is coming on strong in a big way

Clearwater had McKenzie Mills on the hill, you have posted about him Joe....

so as long as these prospects dont end up traded in the next few weeks, we could see these players again matched up in the Majors in a few years

Phillies appear to be narrowing in on not only Machado but Britton as well

even talking about Jahlyn Ortiz coming in the deal..... after a very slow start he's up to 9 homeruns

O's have to be asking about Haseley
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby joe c on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 am

Orioles want pitching... I Posted on Britton previously as reported by Salisbury a few days ago...You might want to see if you can find it...There has been no mention of any position players... Salisbury said Britton is more likely the Manny...It was a good report.
Mills demoted to the pen since reinstated..Not setting world on fire but holding his own..

I started a second half thread easier to get to..I will be using that from here forward...
joe c

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:52 am

joe c wrote:Orioles want pitching... I Posted on Britton previously as reported by Salisbury a few days ago...You might want to see if you can find it...There has been no mention of any position players... Salisbury said Britton is more likely the Manny...It was a good report.
Mills demoted to the pen since reinstated..Not setting world on fire but holding his own..

I started a second half thread easier to get to..I will be using that from here forward...

see if I can find it? Joe you said he looked fat :D
Caribbean Hen

Postby UDForever on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Mills has been in the Clearwater rotation the last month. Been ok. Really good start two nights ago.

Medina in the futures game tonight. I’d be hesitant to part with him but gotta give something to get something.
UDForever

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:45 am

Caribbean Hen wrote:
some teams are deep in prospects Joe, and tossing in a package of prospects for Machado as a 3 month rental and a chance to win the WS would be worth it for some organizations..... prospects are pawns for some teams and July will tell the Dodgers weather to make the move or not...... and Machado could still be a FA going into 2019

some teams play to win now Joe, this is why a talent rich team like the Dodgers can deal prospects Like Monte Hall.....

Machado is going to hear a nice welcome from the Fenway faithful, these are the best 2 teams in baseball and what a contrast in style

Boston is a hardcore baseball town and everyone knows that all of New England follows there beloved Red Sox and besides Fenway is a national treasure and just a great place to watch A baseball game even on TV

and we Got LaLa Land and the laid back Dodgers, I can hear the sweet voice of Vin Scully now waifting over the laid back Dodger Stadium crowd

Dodger Stadium has really stood the test of time, just a beautiful place to watch baseball with the long Palms towering over the OF fence, Chavez ravine

This is setting up as a great World Series, a great match up

Prediction - Redsox in 6
Caribbean Hen

Postby HENJOHN on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 am

Sox in 6 here as well. I really wanted the Brewers in there
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:01 am

HENJOHN wrote:Sox in 6 here as well. I really wanted the Brewers in there

Brewers vs Redsox still sounds like an old AL East match up to me HJ..... :D
Caribbean Hen

Postby BlueHenForLife on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
HENJOHN wrote:Sox in 6 here as well. I really wanted the Brewers in there

Brewers vs Redsox still sounds like an old AL East match up to me HJ..... :D

I would have preferred Astros vs Brewers, but then who is the NL team and who is the AL team. :lol:
BlueHenForLife

UD Class: 1900

Postby Caribbean Hen on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 pm

BlueHenForLife wrote:
I would have preferred Astros vs Brewers, but then who is the NL team and who is the AL team. :lol:

:D that would of been truly confusing.... by the way, Does LA have a football team..... lost track of that one as well
Caribbean Hen

Previous

Return to Hen Droppings