Hot stove league

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Re: Hot stove league

Post by UDFootballFan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

joe c wrote: Talk about a line up

1 Hernandez Kingery Platoon
2 Segura
3 Harper
4 Hoskins
5 Realmuto
6 Cutch
7 Franco/Moose
8 Herrara
WOW......to heck with pitching. lol
A rotation of Nola, Arrietta and lets add big game lefty like a Dallas K from Houston. That's a good to great 3 plus we can fill 4 & 5 with Eickhof, Pivetta etc. Now we have a closer in Robertson but we need to get the pen pieces besides Neshak will help.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 pm

joe c wrote:Let’s get the big horse pat. Still mad we blew it on Corbin. I am not a big fan of Cutch. But he is st least solid but past his prime. Great MLB show yesterday talking on Phillies. Most love the Florida side of trade I hated to give up Sixto and Lefty Stewart who I bragged o. Last season. One NL scout said it is a stea for Florid. It is a now trade which I favor. He is best catcher in game. They were talking about Harper and manny and Rosenthal said forget every reason it will come down to who offers the most cabbage. Well we will see if Phillies put their money where their mouth is. Smoltz said if it’s close then he would choose by ballpark and that gives philly an edge. They like the Phillies line up as it sits now but Harper would make Phillies cleaR cut favorite. If we get Harper and with that line up me and you could pitch pat. Lol.
Another thing is Harper wanted Realmuto last year so maybe that is an edge. Rosenthal also said more teams are involved than people think. It was a great show. They all think Realmuto is ecstatic and think the Phillies need to resign him for big bucks. The compliments on Sixto was over the top. The Phillies originally refused to deal him but as the braves became involved the Phillies switched their thinking. The braves refused to trade Albies. And the Phillies jumped in. I think this a trade that is good for both teams and if Alfaro develops then Florida got the best of it
Bottom line to me is if we don’t get Harper or Manny then it is just a good off season but not special. The whole East has improved big time. We should have gotten Corbin an absolute mistake by the Phillies.
No excuses. Get Hatper

Joe,
We are on the same page, I am not as upset about Corbin.
As far as Sixto, I am ok with him in the deal. The only other individual that has been on the trade marker that I would have included Sixto in??? The guy that just won the NL MVP!!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:35 am

It bothers me Pat..Think about this, the Phillies will go into this season with no lefty starter and our last one was in 2016...That is mind boggling to me...They had a chance to get a good one but chose not to...

Hey Pay do you still have that crippling knuckler? lol....

It all starts Wednesday....

Get Harper in here, its crunch time....

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:10 pm

I sure hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Harper is coming. I think if they get either it’ll be Machado. I have a feeling Harper will leave $$ on the table and sign somewhere else. Either way it’d be nice to get Keuchel or a pitcher. Then again fret not, Philadelphia sports mega fan Mike Trout is sitting courtside today at the Sixers game.
#SaveThePeeWall

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 am

bluehenbillk wrote:I sure hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Harper is coming. I think if they get either it’ll be Machado. I have a feeling Harper will leave $$ on the table and sign somewhere else. Either way it’d be nice to get Keuchel or a pitcher. Then again fret not, Philadelphia sports mega fan Mike Trout is sitting courtside today at the Sixers game.
Harper or Machado, I'm fine with either - they both have their plusses and minuses in terms of how they fit with the Phillies but either one will be wildly successful here. Get one of them.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Super Chicken

Post by Super Chicken » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:I sure hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Harper is coming. I think if they get either it’ll be Machado. I have a feeling Harper will leave $$ on the table and sign somewhere else. Either way it’d be nice to get Keuchel or a pitcher. Then again fret not, Philadelphia sports mega fan Mike Trout is sitting courtside today at the Sixers game.
Harper or Machado, I'm fine with either - they both have their plusses and minuses in terms of how they fit with the Phillies but either one will be wildly successful here. Get one of them.

Article in the Daily News today suggests that owner John Montgomery's suggestion in November that the Fightins "would be happy to spend a fortune on player acquisitions this off season and maybe even a little stupid about it" and what was initially considered to be an obvious negotiating mistake has left them in a great position now. This is due to the standoff between the two players agents as to who blinks first and signs with someone possibly letting the other one get more money. This situation has also been heightened by the Leagues possible "soft collusion" against huge long term contracts that has helped drag the matter on until now. Since pitchers and catchers report to camp next week, time is running out for free agents to get their contracts done.

The article further suggests that other teams feel that the Phillies, with their unlimited cash, will have the choice to top their legit offers to one player and either out bid that offer or sign the second player who will then be ready to get his contract done. This seams like a pretty sweet deal to me so sit back and relax and see how this all plays out in the next few days or weeks!

GO FIGHTENS!!

joe c

Post by joe c » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Great stuff on MLB channel today. 2 guys are certain Harper will sign with Giants.. However they reported offering a 2 year close to 80 million...Reynold stepped in and said he didn't think
he will sign a 2 year deal...Millar was more succinct as he stated no way Bryce signs a 2 year deal...Also the Giants aren't winning have a bad farm system.... The Phillies can get him and all it will take is money..

Also discussed was The Phillies are looking at Kuechal and Josh Harrison...
Braves hot on Kimbrel but refuse to offer long term...

UDFootballFan

Post by UDFootballFan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm

I think the league needs to put a moratorium of sorts on players.

Say if you don't sign by Feb 1 or Spring Training you must sit out the entire year. We are starting Spring Training and so much talent still on the table. Some one has to step up so we don't have guys like Harper, Machado, Dallas, Kimbrel or even lesser know guys like Diekman, Gio Gonzalez aren't waiting to be signed.

Here is a link the free agents below:
https://www.mlb.com/news/2019-mlb-free- ... -293292274

Some on that list have signed but some have not.

joe c

Post by joe c » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:28 am

It all starts now baby...Pitchers and catchers today!!!!!!!

Baseball is back....Lets see what we got...I believe more moves are coming....

The other day MLB Channel was outstanding and a couple of guys said Harper to the Giants looks strong but Reynolds and Millar said no...Millar was very straight forward and as usual funny..He said no way Bryce is signing a 2 year deal reportedly worth 80 million..He also said to Harper that the Giants ain't winning any time soon not to mention they don't have a good farm system...We will see..
If the Phillies don't get one of them this off season is a failure...They called the Phillies out on their comments saying they haven't backed up their mouth..I hope we don't fall back on Gio..This a personal thought as he just takes to long to throw a pitch,,,,I hate it...

Pay the man....

UDFootballFan

Post by UDFootballFan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:05 am

The Phillies signed a player -- grant it he's already an ace but they are spending money finally.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2598 ... -extension

joe c

Post by joe c » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Nola should fire his agent..Great bargain for the Phillies...When Nola's clock runs out he would have commanded a lot more...Glad we got him in the fold but he could have waited signed a one year deal and hit free agency..This guy would be getting over 20 million a year....

BlueHenForLife

Post by BlueHenForLife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:50 pm

joe c wrote:Nola should fire his agent..Great bargain for the Phillies...When Nola's clock runs out he would have commanded a lot more...Glad we got him in the fold but he could have waited signed a one year deal and hit free agency..This guy would be getting over 20 million a year....
I thought it was a bargain too, but Nola isn't eligible for free agency until 2022.

joe c

Post by joe c » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:02 pm

He will be a free agent after 2021 season Blue....Keep signing a couple of one year deals until then...Also look for this to be changed and if not there will be a stoppage...It is a sore spot with the union....The likely hood of a strike is probable especially after this off season and lack of interest in a very good class of free agents...If the union gets their way it will retro active....

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 am

Back to run and gun are we score 126...Harris reappears...Sixers need to figure put how to bring this game to Boston... Lets rest up and head to the stretch...

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 am

oops I posted in wrong thread lol....I'll be all right////