Hot stove league

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.

Re: Hot stove league

Postby HENJOHN on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Baseball and its traditions is one sport they should NOT tinker with too much.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby joe c on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Right J...I mean it has only worked for a 100 years...

there was some good debate about the changes especially the moving of the mound...Most think 2 things...First speed up the game and second incorporate more offense..The moving of the mound will certainly add to hospital bills...They debated what it will do and they seem to think it will increase the number of breaking balls...It was good stuff...
joe c

Postby joe c on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:50 am

We got to see Harper's arm yesterday. He uncorked a BB from right to third base...He continues to work on timing at the plate.. Herrara and Hernandez took infield and short running...Quinn isn't as bad as feared....We need a pitcher....This division has become very tough...

Welcome home Desean...Yes sir...A mistake 5 years ago finally corrected....Speed Speed Speed!!!
There is no replacement....
joe c

Postby Caribbean Hen on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Hey Joe, who needs Pitching anyway when you’re going to score 10 runs a game, No but seriously the Phillies are going to have to do something here or all this off-season wheeling and dealing is going to be for naught
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby joe c on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Need pitching from what I see...Arrieta awful today....The team is making many mistakes like last year..Playing sloppy and still striking out too much....I know it's March...

The good news is Cesar was back today...Kingery played center and Cozens continues to impress..He would be a great addition to the Bench...He has options left so I think he will be sent down to get AB's unless a move is made...Harper did not play either game....
I wouldn't be surprised to see some combo of Alther, Williams, Quinn and Cozens on the move....
joe c

Postby UDFootballFan on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Harper took a 96mph fastball off his ankle - he walked off and going to have an MRI. Not good
UDFootballFan

UD Class: 1900

Postby joe c on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 am

It was nasty too... You could hear it hit the bone...Harper was not Happy and said something to Thornton...I do not think it was intentional...Thornton apologized....It looked like he goy his spikes caught and steered the ball..,,. Waiting on todays X rays to confirm yesterdays report of just a contusion...Man lets hope...I also will say even though it was not intentional both me and Coach are hot the Phillies staff didn't protect him...Someone had to get drilled.....Seriously....Where's Hamels when we need him.....
Its how you play the game.....It ain't Hopscotch....Eye for an eye.....

Herrara may play today so some good news as well as Hernandez looked quick and ready...Now lets get Quinny back and lets roll....Pivetta was outstanding yesterday...We need more consistency out of him and VV....not 1 good 1 bad....

Keeping fingers crossed...
joe c

Postby HENJOHN on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:03 am

Joe, you and Mike aren't the only ones who were pizzed with no retaliation.
HENJOHN

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:19 am

HENJOHN wrote:Joe, you and Mike aren't the only ones who were pizzed with no retaliation.

I believe they will retaliate HJ, Yesterday just might not of been the best time..... they won't forget about it and when they do it.....make it count!

I mean the Mob took a 34 year break before Gambino Boss Frankie Boy took 6 to the chest in front of his Staten Island home....... they never forget!
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby HENJOHN on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:20 am

Good points Caribe.
HENJOHN

Postby joe c on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Heck with wait C, next batter should have been drilled or at least flipped on an up and in heater...I guess I have to get used to the new way...All I know it sure worked when I played....And throw in Spikes now up!!!!!

Thank Goodness he is ok and day to day.....The sound of it was scary....
joe c

Previous

Return to Hen Droppings