They're Back Sixers 2018

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.

Re: They're Back Sixers 2018

Postby Gannonfan on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:44 pm

It's not over yet. Hard to look worse than they did on Saturday but you don't get 2 or 3 losses no matter how bad the loss is. It's still just one game. Plenty of talent there, question is whether they play up to it or not. If they do, on to the next round (where who they face could be anyone as 2 of the top 4 seeds in the East lost their series openers), if they don't, then Brown will be let go pretty quickly and they'll have to see whether they choose to spend money on Harris, Butler, and Simmons. Still have to play Game 2 first though.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gannonfan

UD Class: 1995

Postby bluehenbillk on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:07 pm

UDPat wrote:

Joe says He is elite.

I sure hope a team with 2 elite players doesn't get bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round.
Oh and BTW......I agree with 100% of your comments.

But you did forget one ELITE aspect concerning Simmons and it's the ONLY ELITE thing about him: The piece of tail He is currently hitting!!!!

Well if Joe says he's elite then he must be. Two things about Joe - 1- Joe says he's rarely wrong, but #2 - be prepared for his wrath when you TELL HIM he's wrong haha.

I agree 100% with you Pat on the tail comment - she was conspicuously absent from her normal seat on Saturday - hopefully that changes tonight so even if they get run out of the building again at least we have something to look at :)
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby UDPat on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:16 pm

He's not the end all but I respect Ray Didinger, and hoops isn't his speciality but

And I am paraphrasing his comments from this past weekend
"How can you be an elite NBA player when you can't make shots that the 8th grade CYO team is expected to make on a routine basis and the CYO team shoots FT's better?"

Plus the team can't let you have the ball in your hands with 5 minutes to go because you are a liability with it at that time of the game??

I guess that is elite.

Oh and yeah.....that is sweet to look at!!!! :oops: :oops:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!
UDPat

Postby joe c on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:56 am

One game after the Sixers played so poorly that I couldn't even watch it, they played one of the best quarters I have ever seen....Absolutely edge of your seat stuff....Evidently Brown got "fiery" (word used by media) at half time...It looked like Brooklyn was playing All Star defense...lol...And Welcome back Harris, Simmons and Redick.....Because they stunk and thats being kind in game one....

We scored 145 and Embiid played 21 minutes.... He is hurting as he didn't even take a shot for some minutes into game....Whatever they did to him at halftime, I hope they do it again because he was a beast to star third....

Can't wait till Thursday...
joe c

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 am

Very nice win last night. Simmons showed what he's capable of doing. Monroe had good minutes and our guy from the Clippers Harris showed up.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby joe c on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 am

WOW!!! They put on a clinic last night....Hopefully we wont trade Simmons before the next game...LOL...
He and Harris were amazing...The Nets game plan was to deny Simmons the ball and still couldn't stop him..The spaces he creates is second to none...He is also the reason the Sixers lead the league in defensive perimeter ratings....He pored in 31 and took over the game despite the double teaming and collapsing defense when he penetrated...

Greg Anthony made an interesting comment...He said he would like to see Simmons play the 4 and Sixers get a true point as he thinks it would free Simmons up even more....Nets had no answer... He does have to shoot free throws and that is the biggest concern with his game....I loved on how he was out there coaching..He ran a pick and roll w Bobo who didn't roll..There was Ben letting him know....

Darn shame we didnt get Korver off the bench.....Scott sucked last night....We need him to play much better...I guess the Sixers can play half court offense after all....lol...
joe c

Postby bluehenbillk on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:21 am

One of the best games the Sixers have played - they shot the lights out. Simmons, Redick, Harris all excelled. Even Boban was a force!
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Previous

Return to Hen Droppings