They're Back Sixers 2018

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Re: They're Back Sixers 2018

Post by Gannonfan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:18 am

joe c wrote:What the Sixers need to worry about is their bench...Thats the problem...Simmons (the other Simmons) have given us nothing...Ennis very little...Ben had 13 assists and still creates open looks.. Harris is also hurting us w his play lately....
I think they will be fine if healthy....
Ben was dropping dimes like a wizard last night. I agree, the bench has been a disappointment, outside of Scott, following the personnel changes. Sixers are a 6 deep team (I guess 7 if you get 10 minutes out of Bobi without too much issue). That may be enough though. And yes, they need to be healthy, no chance to win if Embiid isn't close to 100% and if they're missing any of the starting 5.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:09 am

When the Sixers beat the Bucks & Celtics a few weeks ago they owned the city & looked like they could threaten to come out of the East. The whole thing has fallen apart since. The players have had no focus, Embiid load management rest, Butler injury, the failure to effectively incorporate BOTH Butler & Harris into the offense, the failure of Simmons to step up his game when others are out, and no real bench production.

This team looks as it could need a considerable overhaul and Brown looks as he's lost the team.

They could shock me but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone today who sees them getting out of the second round....
Rocco is done, what’s even the point anymore?

Youdee Blues
UD Class: 1996

Post by Youdee Blues » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:36 am

Gannonfan wrote:Nothing matters until the playoffs and how they do in the playoffs. Of course people would want to be doing better down the stretch, but they've played multiple games without Embiid and Butler. And last night was a game where they just didn't make the shots down the stretch in the last 2-3 minutes. That's what needs to happen differently in the playoffs, how they perform in the last 5 minutes. They were better than the Bucks all last night except in that last segment of the game and that's where they lost it. Same thing happened last year with Boston, all close games, and almost all of them lost with execution at the end. Magic number is 2 to get the 3 seed and I see them doing that. They'll win the first round 4-0 or 4-1 and then it will be the Raptors with Toronto having home court. That's where this team will be measured and that's a series frankly they need to win. Do that and I think we're playing in the NBA Finals with a shot to win it all. But everything will be judged based on the playoffs.
They can't just turn it on come playoff time. They're too inexperienced to do so. Sure, they should win the first round but I'd say 4-0, 4-1 is pretty optimistic. Their bench is not on par with last year.
Everybody looks at the making of shots down the stretch but those last 2.5 minutes were lost on defense. One team cranked it up and the other opened the red sea.

Youdee Blues
UD Class: 1996

Post by Youdee Blues » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Eh-hem, so....

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:50 am

The Hinkie Statue construction crew just got the week off.

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:50 am

Funny J..But. It ain't his fault. he put the pieces together..He didn't formulate the unimpressive bench and trades that haven't helped....Ennis...nothing...Simmons no help at all...Scott.....marginal.....The drafts that have been bad....

Worst game I have seen this team play in quite awhile...We found out the injuries are real...

It takes 4....Need to get ready for Monday.....Hopefully Harris and Ben show up....

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 am

Series far from over but yesterday was really bad.

Embid is really hurt again. But this shouldn’t be a surprise as he has been hurt more than he has played in his 5 years in the NBA. But even worse for me is he is out of shape (again) and looks disinterested. When things are going well for Embid, he is all world. But this don’t go well enough for Embid and he isn’t on the court performing at a high level often enough. He is no warrior.

Regarding Hinkie, good one HJ. Everyone should read his Wikipedia bio. His tenure was even worse than I remember and I do remember the worse four year run in professional sports history. Many, really most of his trades and drafts were terrible. And all the tanking was supposed to get a championship not 50 win seasons and early playoff exits.

Finally, the 76ers still don’t have anyone that can guard quick, scoring guards.

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 am

Yeah OK 79...HELLO. your here because of him. simple as that...Brilliant....He didn't draft badly or make moves that bave not helped the bench....laughable.....
He wasn't the one that players felt they could look at their phone....He didn't give less than maximin effort....He put them here....

You are correct as I stated the injuries are real and thats worse, they think Embiid may have gotten hurt at All Star game.....

It takes 4....not one...They better play better than yesterday....Nets took it to them from opening bell//They failed to get another sniper which is badly needed....

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm

I was just having fun. It's only one game but it wasn't a good look in alot of ways yesterday. We also didn't end the season with any kind of momentum or playing in sync either. I'm not a Brett Brown fan win or lose.

bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:45 am

#TradeBenSimmons
#FireBrettBrown

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:56 am

bluehenbillk wrote:#TradeBenSimmons
#FireBrettBrown

How can you consider trading an elite player??
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

joe c

Post by joe c » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:48 am

Still laughable....I think I'll call you Doc 00 who only comes out of wood work after a bad game. I noticed you as usual had nothing to say after the coaches considered him elite..Don;t know whose more comical you are Bill... Obviously you don't know as much about hoops as you think you do....Really Comical Stick to that Big Time UD hoops program you'll do real well...Rooting for that juggernaut. You think maybe Embiid is hurting? As is Butler or no show Harris.... But thats the type of person you obviously are....I'll bet you never had a bad game? lolololololol

bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am

UDPat wrote:
#FireBrettBrown

Hey Pat, elite at what exactly? He's a 6'10" PG that can't shoot further than 12 feet from the basket and who won't go hard to the basket because he can't shoot FT's. Don't get me wrong, he can excel in the open court on fast break opportunities but as Saturday showed and the Celtics series showed he's a liability in a halfcourt game. His defense isn't very good either, between him & Redick guards have torched the Sixers all season. I don't know how likely he'll be to re-sign when his rookie deal is up so I'd look to move him while he still has value.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:13 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
UDPat wrote:
#FireBrettBrown

Hey Pat, elite at what exactly? He's a 6'10" PG that can't shoot further than 12 feet from the basket and who won't go hard to the basket because he can't shoot FT's. Don't get me wrong, he can excel in the open court on fast break opportunities but as Saturday showed and the Celtics series showed he's a liability in a halfcourt game. His defense isn't very good either, between him & Redick guards have torched the Sixers all season. I don't know how likely he'll be to re-sign when his rookie deal is up so I'd look to move him while he still has value.

Joe says He is elite.

I sure hope a team with 2 elite players doesn't get bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round.
Oh and BTW......I agree with 100% of your comments.

But you did forget one ELITE aspect concerning Simmons and it's the ONLY ELITE thing about him: The piece of tail He is currently hitting!!!!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

joe c

Post by joe c » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Now thats funny....Almost as comical as your post..However I do not debate NBA w someone who obviously watches very little and absolutely no NBA channel. none....

At least the coaches agree with me as well as the former greats...But you are funny...

Should I name the 1000 teams who were bounced w at least 2 elite players that got bounced....Yet another ridiculous comment....