Phillies 2019

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: Phillies 2019

Post by Hens79 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:07 pm

Kap is going to go at the end of the year. Plays games not to win, team is life less way too much and this shitz of mismanaging the roster and using position players to pitch is getting embarrassing.

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:03 am

Paging Joe Girardi 79....How bout last night brother....He couldn't play Quinn giving us a 3 man bench...lol. because he had to use him for 2 innings as a pitcher despite the extra pitcher....Even Kruk said "there is no excuse for this"...After Kap explained his reasoning Bo said..."I ain't buying it"...Not to mention Quinny was coming off a 3 his game 2 sb's which was really 4 hits but Vargas is so slow he was forced at second on a base hit that was actually a force out costing him a hit..One thing for sure Quinn earned him some big respect in that locker room...

We win a game but managed 3 hits off a guy who was pitching in the independent league a few weeks ago...

We have Smyly going today for a series win and lets hope he can continue his success...Maybe he can take advantage of the Sox aggressive approach...Man they swing early....

Kap said Dickerson will play today..I would like to see Quinny back out there as he is finally getting back...His speed is a tone setters it should have won game one....This will put Hasely on bench where he belongs...

Harper hits an upper deck moonshot but still is struggling as is Kingery...Both have to pick it up

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:39 am

Wow Joe. Joe Girardi would be a great fit for this team. I saw where he wanted to manage again. Count me in.

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:34 am

Yeah Big whee wheel I heard the same and he would be the fire this teams need....Enough of Kap's brother in law everything and as 79 said his mismanagement...Joe is a proven winner certainly no fly by night...He is a fiery in your face type that the fans of Philly will love....

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

Sounds like a perfect fit and timing is right for Girardi. Let's do it Joe.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:13 pm

not a Big Kap fan but If I would of told you in March that by August the following would of happened

and told you that the Phillies were tied for the wildcard spot ..... Kap would been getting manager of the years votes :D

playing devils advocate because if they fired Kap today I would not shed a tear.....

but

computer Boys trade trophies have all under-performed....

Harper - Joe said it yesterday, the good news is he had one more homer than Galvis.... :D Harper has been a mess at the plate, in the era of juiced balls he should have 30 Homers....

JT Realmuto - is it Kaps fault he is not hitting to his career averages?

Cutch - was it Kaps fault he got hurt? lost a good leadoff man who was getting on base

Segura, having a bad year by his standards, Joe points out that he had problems in Seattle with his teammates... thanks Klentac

Was it Kaps fault that Oddy tried to strangle his girlfriend?

Is it Kaps fault that Hoskins is underperforming?

Is it Kaps fault your thirdbasemen has not lived up to the billing for years? and they stick with him? he gone

Is it Kaps fault the brass overestimated the pitching on this team and failed to sign a starter? Joe? Corbin?

Robertson Hurt and out for the year?
Morgan
Arano
Dominquez
Hunter
Neshek

all out

outside of Haseley, no talent in the minor leagues that is big league ready.... and Haseley might not even be ready....

Not enough prospects for the Phillies to make a significant trade..... that is not on Kap

Despite all of that the scrappy Phillies are right in the mix for a wildcard spot...

Joe has said this many times, they need to overhaul the scouting department and learn how to evaluate talent...

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:53 pm

All good stuff Caribe. I'm just not sold on Kapler being an a Major League Manager. Hope I'm wrong.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:18 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:53 pm
All good stuff Caribe. I'm just not sold on Kapler being an a Major League Manager. Hope I'm wrong.
I'm not either HJ, but the Phils sure have had some bad luck this year.

Maybe it's time for computer boy to hit Starbucks and collect his thoughts as well..... :D

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:29 pm

ok C.... Everything you said is true but the answer is in your post... When every member of your team is underachieving and I mean every member thats on the staff....We just lost a series to a bad team..We made another average pitcher look like Cy Young...Offensively we are pathetic and lifeless..Schmidt said the sox had more energy all week end...Just Dreadful...Keep in mind the Sox are not a good offensive team,..,As I posted they swing early and at every thing..The Phillies are the dead opposite take take take...The actually brag about Hoskins leading the league in pitches seem...Schmidt said I dont want my 3 hole hitter up there taking pitches..BTW it is a pet peeve of our Coach Mike....lol...Hoskins has Harper behind him and he should be having a big season...He's not...Harper is lost....We know know why the Twins, in a pennant race mind you, let Morin walk.... Again it says we have nothing on farm...Good thing newbie Dickerson showed up...I am to mad to go on and have plenty more to say...What an embarrasment...

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:41 am

joec, you are right on with when you mention taking pitches. This IS part of what Klentak and Kapler want. And it is not going that well. Everyone one, including some here would go on and on about Hoskins “approach” at the plate. The Phillies and many here ragged on Galvis (18 HRs, 54 RBIs, .271) about his “approach” Now Franco doesn’t walk enough. Walks surely are important in baseball but not at the expense of hitting and driving in runs especially out of the three and four hitters. With this passive approach at the plate, it is no wonder the Phillies struggle offensively. The Phillies need a clean sweep in management. Their “approach” is terrible including evaluating prospects for the farm system which is a mess.

joe c

Post by joe c » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:36 am

The Phils offense finally out hits their pitching which is how the blue print was supposed to be... It hasn't happened as much as they hoped...Harper hit 2 absolutely majestic mortars and I mean bombs...This man can carry a team..Lets hope he can continue....Hoskins hitting below the Mendoza line since the break which is unacceptable..

It's not so bad as the Phillies only need 3 starters, a third baseman, a center fielder, a new bench and back end bullpen help...LOL...So its not so bad...Oh and a white washing of the the farm director and scouting department....The bad drafts have caught them....If you guys need a laugh check out the roster of Lehigh...They are older than the big club....

Youdee Blues
UD Class: 1996

Post by Youdee Blues » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 am

OK, fourth place has finally been secured. Now what?

joe c

Post by joe c » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:07 pm

How bout Arod busting on Kap as well as Alvarez and JT over pitch selection....Batting Arrieta 8th was first gaffe.....I still cant believe he pinch hit for a position player (Rodriguez) in the third inning...We have a short bench to begin with....I have an idea just start Dickerson to begin with as he ends batting against a lefty anyway...Also I would sit my hottest hitter when we are having a hard enough time scoring....Thats what I would do....OMG.....If I was Rodriguez there would have been a heated exchange...Throw in we waisted a player...As I texted w C and Coach Mike I don't think I have ever seen that in all my years....

Paging Joe Girardi!!!!!!!!!!!

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:28 am

Mallee fired. Charlie coming back.

joe c

Post by joe c » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Love it Coach....Is he batting 5th? lolol///Pitching coach is next....

Paging Joe Girardi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!