Phillies 2019

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Re: Phillies 2019

Post by HENJOHN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:06 am
Welcome to October Braves fans..... :cry:
Didn't you pick them in the NL?
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

Posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

joe c

Post by joe c » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 am

Yes he didnHis order of finish was.
braves Phillies Nats Mets I believe. Mine was Braces Mets Phillies Nats....

The Braves will be around for years...They appear likely to resign Donaldson and will get relief help...
C tells me they have help coming from farm....Good organization....

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 am

Might be the best organization in the NL right now. They don't make many wrong moves.
"recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple...."

joe c

Post by joe c » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 am

You ain't lying J...Everyone chuckled at them for Donaldson signing...No one is laughing now...M meanwhile all the old men we signed have given us squat.except Cutch who ended up on DL...Lets take Morton. if you really want to get me fired up...The Phillies pay him millions and he gives us one start..Gets healthy and we who need starting pitching desperately do not even attempt to bring him back..Now he is one of best pitchers in the game..He hurled a germ yesterday staving off elimination...

BTW Good article by Salisbury on CSN website about Kap and Middleton...He reports that Klentak wants Kap back....So we know that is wrong decision just because of that....

Lets go make a move...

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:47 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:06 am
Welcome to October Braves fans..... :cry:
Didn't you pick them in the NL?
actually I picked the Nats to win the Division because of the pitching mainly, they started out rough 19-31 at one point

I was one of the ones shaking my head at the Donaldson signing.... I thought he was to old :D
Soroka was coming off an arm injury and not many saw this coming at least this year....
Fried was another surprise

but if they dont win tomorrow they will be curled up with Harper on the sofa ..... I don't really feel to good about the Braves in Post season baseball
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:53 am

Donaldson looked DONE to me and broken down. Hats off to him.

joe c

Post by joe c » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:59 am

Wait to we see his next contract....On MLB they were talking a 2 year deal at 20 million a year.... Phillies blew this one too.....

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Donaldson was supposed to keep the hot corner warm for Riley,

Maybe Riley gets traded? I I would not trade him but you never know what they’re gonna do

He would look great in Philly, Bohm can play first and Hoskins can play B i n g o
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Hoskins trade value really took a dip this season. Maybe a team needing a DH in the AL might want him.

joe c

Post by joe c » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 am

Yeah J, what can you get for him right now? A bucket of bolts....What I am thinking he is a hard worker active in the community and he plays the game right...He never ducks the media and shows his face even after a rough night...So maybe he can work with Charlie..They know what is mechanically wrong...Ben Davis told and showed us..He is collapsing his right side...He just can't seem to break the bad habit...They have found a weakness which is he can't lay off high heat...Pitchers are getting ahead w just off the plate inside and up fastballs and then finishing him off w just off the plate low and any sliders...Davis said he is aware of this...So now he flailing at balls just off plate and late on strikes. We have no one else another problem...I think they will give him the benefit of doubt and hope he can figure it out...He has the tools....Bohm will start at Lehigh, Miller at 3b according to Stark...Hoskins will be at first...If his woes continue then the Phillies will have to do something...You cannot have your clean up hitter batting below the Mendoza line w occasional power...

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:16 am

Joe, do you think that shot to the face he took last year in LA might of messed up Hoskins?

or is it more of the pitchers learning how to pitch to him as you already said?

It's to early to give up on him but the red warning light is flashing bright, I would trade him in a second if I could find somebody that wants him before it's to late.... Hoskins could get this turned around so actually some organization would probably be willing to take a chance on him

but he will most likely be right back in Philly next season

not sure I can watch Braves game today, just dont have a good feeling about Folty being able to put together 2 good games in a row, I hope Im wrong

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am

Tony Conigliaro could probably tell ya what getting hit in the face might do to you at the plate. I am wondering if its not more they learned how to pitch to him. Having a boomer behind him in the lineup wouldn't hurt but hes not the same player. I like the Braves today. How about the RAYS!!

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:28 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am
Tony Conigliaro could probably tell ya what getting hit in the face might do to you at the plate. I am wondering if its not more they learned how to pitch to him. Having a boomer behind him in the lineup wouldn't hurt but hes not the same player. I like the Braves today. How about the RAYS!!
I remember that shiner Conigliaro had after that, ruined him

Rays putting some big pressure on Houston .... gotta love it

Go Nats, take out the Dodgers

joe c

Post by joe c » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:57 pm

Caribbean Hen wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:16 am
Joe, do you think that shot to the face he took last year in LA might of messed up Hoskins?

or is it more of the pitchers learning how to pitch to him as you already said?

It's to early to give up on him but the red warning light is flashing bright, I would trade him in a second if I could find somebody that wants him before it's to late.... Hoskins could get this turned around so actually some organization would probably be willing to take a chance on him

but he will most likely be right back in Philly next season

not sure I can watch Braves game today, just dont have a good feeling about Folty being able to put together 2 good games in a row, I hope Im wrong

No C Nothing to do with it...This didn't start till after All Star Break long after close call...He became pull happy...That started him bailing and that led to a collapsing right side...Hoskins had by far the highest pull percentage of every single player in all of baseball... He hit one that's one homer to right center or right field all season...That alone tells you there is a problem...He is reason they brought Charlie back...Phillies will be patient mainly because they have no other choice and Hoskins deserves the chance....

And How about them Rays and league low payroll.....Play ball its Folty time....I am afraid Cinderella resides in Tampa and unfortunately the clock is approaching mid nite...

Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:14 am

well 162 games for what? a turd

Braves and Dodgers out, Nats and Cards advance...... Go Nats, Need a big hit get your Dominican to the plate, Juan Soto and how about Ex Phil Howie Kendrick.... Grand Slam, Harper has to watch his old team play now....Cursedshaw loses another season for the LaLa Dodgers

would be great to see the Astros bite it today