CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Athletics to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
Posts: 4263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:18 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Out West & Far Away

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by 77HEN » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:35 pm

Promised to stop but here's one last thing for this board:

Fourty eight deaths reported to date in the US. Thirty-seven deaths (77% of total) are in Washington state.

Newly reported on March 13, 2020:
Two women in their 90s at Life Care Center died on March 6.
A woman in her 80s at Life Care Center died on March 6.
A man in his 70s at Overlake Medical Center died on March 4.
A man in his 80s at Swedish Issaquah hospital, died on March 9.
Woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions died on March 11.

Four Washington state deaths are from Snohomish County
A woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions died March 11.
Woman in her 80s with underlying health conditions died March 10.
Man in his 80s with underlying health conditions, died March 9 at the Josephine Caring Community
A man in his 40s with underlying health conditions died but the date has not been specified.

One Washington State death is from Grant County, a patient in his or her 80s.

Four deaths are in California:
A woman, 90s, in assisted living.
A woman, 60s, hospitalized in Santa Clara.
An elderly man in assisted living.
A man, 71, with underlying health conditions who had been on a Grand Princess cruise ship.

Two deaths are in Florida:
A man and woman, both in their 70s, died after returning from foreign travel.

One death is in New Jersey:
A man, 69, who is diabetic and suffered two cardiac arrests, has died.

One death is in South Dakota:
A man in his 60s with underlying medical conditions has died.

One death is in Georgia:
A man, 67, with underlying medical conditions has died.

One death is in Kansas:
A man in his 70s with underlying health conditions died at the Life Care Center in Kansas City.

One death in is Colorado:
A woman in her 80s with underlying health conditions has died.

I know this may be scary to GoHens posters, me included, but just tell me if you think these same people could have succumbed to the annual flu. I can post ( https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPd ... %2930607-3) a study by the Illinois Health Dept of a patient in the 60-70 yr old category who returned from China before the ban. She was the first patient in Illinois and they studied over 300 contacts and potential contacts she and her husband had. Her husband was infected and he had underlying COPD. Bottom line - none of the contacts (friends, public contacts and health workers) contracted the virus and after a week to 10 days, she and her husband (who had COPD) were cleared and released from the hospital.
Last edited by 77HEN on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Hens79 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:37 pm

77HEN wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:29 pm
Not going on with this. Ir's inappropriate for this site. Everyone will have to view the positions and decide on their own when Nov. comes. We all know Joe has at least 3 EC votes locked up no matter what. It's a good start, maybe he'll get a VP pick to help take RI.
“View the positions”? I know that’s how you guys rationalize supporting a serial liar now narcissistically lying about a worldwide health care crisis, That won’t sit well with many including those 77k voters in PA, MI and WI. And I wouldn’t go on any further if I were you. It must be hard to explain to other people who don’t share your views, let alone yourself. My views are easy to explain, I won’t support a serial liar nor those who support one.

User avatar
Info Hound
Posts: 1524
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Info Hound » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:44 pm

Let's focus on the villains in this crisis, and get this thread back on track:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium


Mmmm!

77HEN
Posts: 4263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:18 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Out West & Far Away

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by 77HEN » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:37 pm
77HEN wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:29 pm
Not going on with this. Ir's inappropriate for this site. Everyone will have to view the positions and decide on their own when Nov. comes. We all know Joe has at least 3 EC votes locked up no matter what. It's a good start, maybe he'll get a VP pick to help take RI.
“View the positions”? I know that’s how you guys rationalize supporting a serial liar now narcissistically lying about a worldwide health care crisis, That won’t sit well with many including those 77k voters in PA, MI and WI. And I wouldn’t go on any further if I were you. It must be hard to explain to other people who don’t share your views, let alone yourself. My views are easy to explain, I won’t support a serial liar nor those who support one.
View the positions means considering the input from both sides, you idiot. Are you so damned arrogant and insular to think that you alone have the only say on anything? Reminds me of a recent saying "we choose truths over facts". Orwell is looking down and smiling.

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Hens79 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:57 pm

Just saw your post on the fatalities so far. We are getting close to having lock downs similar In Wuhan, South Korea, Iran, Italy and now as of today Spain, France, and Germany. We are only a week or so behind them. Corona is here. It will get a lot worse very soon. There is a new hot spot in NJ as of this afternoon and three counties around Philly are in a limited lockdown as well. And didn’t you hear Trump just say today that domestic travel restrictions may soon be coming?

The dopes that said this is a political hoax or hit job have shut up. It’s time for you to shut up. Don’t make yourself look like more of an ignorant political hack than you already have by saying this isn’t that bad by using another fall back, the false equivalency. This ain’t like the flu. Almost everyone knows that.

77HEN
Posts: 4263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:18 pm
UD Class: 1981
Location: Out West & Far Away

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by 77HEN » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:02 am

Hens79 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:57 pm
Just saw your post on the fatalities so far. We are getting close to having lock downs similar In Wuhan, South Korea, Iran, Italy and now as of today Spain, France, and Germany. We are only a week or so behind them. Corona is here. It will get a lot worse very soon. There is a new hot spot in NJ as of this afternoon and three counties around Philly are in a limited lockdown as well. And didn’t you hear Trump just say today that domestic travel restrictions may soon be coming?

The dopes that said this is a political hoax or hit job have shut up. It’s time for you to shut up. Don’t make yourself look like more of an ignorant political hack than you already have by saying this isn’t that bad by using another fall back, the false equivalency. This ain’t like the flu. Almost everyone knows that.
Yada, yada, yada. Time will tell. Let's see, and good luck to you old man.

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Hens79 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:08 am

77HEN wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 pm
Hens79 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:37 pm
77HEN wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:29 pm
Not going on with this. Ir's inappropriate for this site. Everyone will have to view the positions and decide on their own when Nov. comes. We all know Joe has at least 3 EC votes locked up no matter what. It's a good start, maybe he'll get a VP pick to help take RI.
“View the positions”? I know that’s how you guys rationalize supporting a serial liar now narcissistically lying about a worldwide health care crisis, That won’t sit well with many including those 77k voters in PA, MI and WI. And I wouldn’t go on any further if I were you. It must be hard to explain to other people who don’t share your views, let alone yourself. My views are easy to explain, I won’t support a serial liar nor those who support one.
View the positions means considering the input from both sides, you idiot. Are you so damned arrogant and insular to think that you alone have the only say on anything? Reminds me of a recent saying "we choose truths over facts". Orwell is looking down and smiling.
We all should know what serial lying sounds like. Especially when we hear it with our own ears. Just because Trump “believes” something doesn’t make it true. And you still haven’t said anything about Trump’s lying. He does. All the time. Now people may have differing opinions or “inputs”:about it. But it doesn’t change the fact he lies all the time and has about corona. Testing is only one example where there have been multiple lies. Fauchi and even ultra conservative Senator Langford has to correct it.

Just stop denying it and just say you are ok it with because Trump supports things you agree with. Just say it. It will set you free.

hens4life
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am
UD Class: 0

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by hens4life » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Two more cases at UD - no wonder the administration wanted students out of town! 🙄

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5509
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by tenn hen » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:58 pm

I've wondered if our forum rules have been adjusted due to the anxiety about the CR virus? Possibly a political thread under Hen Droppings would be the answer.

A while ago, I had pm'ed a few members of my intention to refrain from posting. It had become too contentious for me to continue to respond to false, personal baiting attacks. Since that time I have found it a much more enjoyable experience just reading gohens. Though difficult, I will try my best to follow my own advice. I appreciate the pm's that informed me why and how a good number of those posts by others had been deleted from the board before I even viewed them. thanks again guys

We are here for UD athletics-not political views no matter how serious the situation. JMHO

Maybe this crisis will make us more appreciative of the blessings we possess. Simply facetiming"with all our loved ones reinforces this concept and is reassuring.

Everyone- please stay safe and be proactive for your family and your loved ones!

your friend Tenn
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Henweigh
Posts: 1731
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:00 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Henweigh » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Hey, who needs sports when we have this topic to read about? This is some entertaining stuff!
Keepin' it real.

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Hens79 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:55 am

UD is basically shutting down. Why isn’t almost everyone, almost every place?

No credibility, leadership and compassion at the top. Governors, local officials and business leaders taking over and starting to fill the void. Thank you Adam Silver for getting this started last Wednesday.

In a way, I feel bad for Fauchi as he can’t say what he knows needs to be said. Groups of 50? C’mon doc. You are an older man, with a long career and stellar record. You are beyond reproach. At the next news conference just say everyone (including young people) should stay home except to get food and medical attention. Let the politicians figure out how to limit and then fix the economic damage.

BTW, the predictable, dramatic and exponential rise in cases and deaths is now happening in Italy and Spain. We are likely a week or so behind.

Testing, testing, testing .........

Henweigh
Posts: 1731
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:00 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Henweigh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 am

Another knee slapper there.
Keepin' it real.

UDPat
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by UDPat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 am

I'll let you guys get into the politics of it. No comment from me.


But, this will be my last day in the office for at least 2 weeks.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Hens79
Posts: 3646
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Hens79 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:29 am

Henweigh wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 am
Another knee slapper there.
Here’s a knee slapper, and it’s just in from the Surgeon General. You know, the guy on the stage the last few days in these news conferences. “There is every chance we could become Italy.”

Henweigh
Posts: 1731
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:00 pm
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED

Post by Henweigh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Well, look at that. An important post that gets the point across without any political mudslinging whatsoever. Thanks for that information as we hope it doesn't get that far here in the US.
Keepin' it real.

Post Reply