2019 Recruits

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: 2019 Recruits

Post by tenn hen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:10 am

jd good post spot on
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm

A difference is that Nova knew all about Archidiacono because of his older brother. I guess the plan all along was for Archidiacono to do a post-gad year after HS then come to Nova and probably redshirt his first year. However, the highly touted FR guard who recently announced his decision to transfer from Nova apparently opened up a scholly for Archidiacono. I still find it incredible that Archidiacono had no major offers in 2108 (nor, other than Nova, none that I know of in 2019) and after one post-grad year gets a scholly from Nova.

darthdave
UD Class: 1993

Post by darthdave » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:46 pm

OT regarding the Hens but saw where Tariq Ingram, who played at Sallies for a few years before heading up to Philly, just verballed to Wake Forest.

SeanieWard
UD Class: 2007

Post by SeanieWard » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:56 pm

Just wanted to update you guys on Nah'Shon Hyland, Delaware's top high school player

Although he plans on playing college ball this fall he decided to play AAU this spring since he missed it last due to injury.

And it has already paid off for him as he confirmed in a recent interview that the Michigan Wolverines reached out to him due to the fact that 3 of their guards have declared for this year's NBA draft and at least 2 of them are expected to stay in it (with the new option to go back to school).

Got to admit, although I love this kid's game didn't expect him to be receiving interest from one the top programs in the nation in arguably the best conference in college basketball this late in the game. Not sure he's received an offer offer yet however.

Maryland, DePaul, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, TCU, and Seton Hall are also now in the mix. Before it was just Temple, Saint Joseph's Monmouth, LaSalle and Rhode Island. Went from a mid major prospect to a high major one just like that. Can pretty much count him out at this point

slobberknocker

Post by slobberknocker » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 pm

That gentleman is the byproduct of the transfer portal. Teams lose players unexpectedly, either by one and done, early out, and now the transfer option, and everyone knows publicly, so therefore, the competition begins for all those available to replace losses. Makes the idea of loyalty to a University, who provided an education and an athletic opportunity, regardless of sport, to the athlete, a moot point. It's all about Me and what's best for Me today. So sad! I grew up and played in the " you play for your team mentality.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am

I've been wondering all this year if MI would attempt to lure Zack Kent(Middletown, Blair Academy- approx 6'10 1/2")rs freshmen. this year at Tennessee- played only miniscule minutes in 2 games after getting his knee scoped in Oct. Don't see him stepping into the lineup with those bigs already there. He lacks strength but practicing v Tenn players should have improved his game without a question and possesses decent shooting ability. I know we have several bigs(similar) already here, but this kid would have 3 years left if he transferred. It might depend on his academic happiness at Tenn as well as a desire to play locally. probably a reach! nothing ventured, nothing gained!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:26 pm

tenn hen wrote:I've been wondering all this year if MI would attempt to lure Zack Kent(Middletown, Blair Academy- approx 6'10 1/2")rs freshmen. this year at Tennessee- played only miniscule minutes in 2 games after getting his knee scoped in Oct. Don't see him stepping into the lineup with those bigs already there. He lacks strength but practicing v Tenn players should have improved his game without a question and possesses decent shooting ability. I know we have several bigs(similar) already here, but this kid would have 3 years left if he transferred. It might depend on his academic happiness at Tenn as well as a desire to play locally. probably a reach! nothing ventured, nothing gained!

The answer to your question in a word

NO
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 pm

UDPat wrote:
tenn hen wrote:I've been wondering all this year if MI would attempt to lure Zack Kent(Middletown, Blair Academy- approx 6'10 1/2")rs freshmen. this year at Tennessee- played only miniscule minutes in 2 games after getting his knee scoped in Oct. Don't see him stepping into the lineup with those bigs already there. He lacks strength but practicing v Tenn players should have improved his game without a question and possesses decent shooting ability. I know we have several bigs(similar) already here, but this kid would have 3 years left if he transferred. It might depend on his academic happiness at Tenn as well as a desire to play locally. probably a reach! nothing ventured, nothing gained!

NO
UD Pat, so many of your posts are appreciated for the info they provide. :roll:

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
UDPat wrote:

NO
UD Pat, so many of your posts are appreciated for the info they provide. :roll:
It's a simple yes or no answer. At least I can provide answers not always be the one asking. :P :P

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Pat- since you anoint yourself the holder of all wisdom :wink: , I'd love to read your explanation of a flat no :roll: . Are you knocking Kent's ability or our # of frontcout players in the fold ? or what is your inside info that justifies the flatout NO? In this case I believe your response deserves to provide clear cut rationale. Come on dude, spill your logic :P

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:41 pm

tenn hen wrote:Pat- since you anoint yourself the holder of all wisdom :wink: , I'd love to read your explanation of a flat no :roll: . Are you knocking Kent's ability or our # of frontcout players in the fold ? or what is your inside info that justifies the flatout NO? In this case I believe your response deserves to provide clear cut rationale. Come on dude, spill your logic :P

You guys are looking way too much into this. There is no logic. The answer to your question, is a simple NO. That's it.

But, The coaching staff unfortunately can not look at all 667 individuals in the transfer portal.

And for the record, if there was some inside info which there is not, I can't say that I would elaborate, sometimes I and others have been told things but we are asked not to post. This is not one of those times.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:34 am

hey Pat- thanks for NO thing :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: seriously I see you are logged in-- what's your reasoning outside of my thoughts??

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Tenn,

If you want beat this horse until He's dead, I'm game.

There is NONE!!!
I get your all over this kid cause He wears/wore those ugly Orange candy strip clown Indiana Hoosier knock off warm ups. That's cool.

Here's my advice, Send a note to the staff. I know it's been done previously but not by me. You will get a very nice note back that says something like:

Thank you for your support of UD hoops. We are constantly keeping our pulse on all options to improve our squad. We are aware of Mr. Kent's name in the transfer portal and will keep an eye on him and any other individual who we feel can improve our team.

Go Blue Hens!!!!

Please come back when this kid signs with the Hens, and I will eat all the crow you desire.

tenn hen

Post by tenn hen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Pat- I get your drift if it is what your comments imply which is not encouraging about our situation. If I'm misreading your thoughts, pm me which I probably should have done after your first response.

I don't give a sh*t about his Tenn affiliation since he never gets on the court. I can barely remember his bio/video which I haven't looked at for years. I am not aware of him adding his name to the transfer portal which I glanced at after your earlier comment.

It simply seemed he might want to get PT and play at home. Looked like a no brainer to me, and that Tenn gave him the schollie would indicate he would certainly be of help to our program at least as a depth asset at about 6' 11" :roll:

Subject closed no mas :lol: :lol: :wink:

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:19 pm

tenn hen wrote:Pat- I get your drift if it is what your comments imply which is not encouraging about our situation. If I'm misreading your thoughts, pm me which I probably should have done after your first response.

I don't give a sh*t about his Tenn affiliation since he never gets on the court. I can barely remember his bio/video which I haven't looked at for years. I am not aware of him adding his name to the transfer portal which I glanced at after your earlier comment.

It simply seemed he might want to get PT and play at home. Looked like a no brainer to me, and that Tenn gave him the schollie would indicate he would certainly be of help to our program at least as a depth asset at about 6' 11" :roll:

Subject closed no mas :lol: :lol: :wink:

You must be misreading, there is no drift. And what I say is actually encouraging(IMHO). I took you comments to mean he was transferring. If he's not, than my time has been wasted!! :wink:

But I can tell you this...If all this young man or any individual can do is offer depth(IDK) than I can say with 100% confidence that the Hens are NOT interested. 100% That is not what this team is currently looking for.

We're good, no, issues. Subject closed