They're Back Sixers 2018

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
UDPat

Re: They're Back Sixers 2018

Post by UDPat » Mon May 13, 2019 12:24 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
UDPat wrote:
You have made some ridiculous bet offer to me a couple of weeks. Here's another: I'll play you one on one for 1000$ and I want the GOHens board in attendance..
Can I get a line on this game?

Here it is:

Pain and Embarrassment
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:Pat - Is part of your game running up the court at full speed, jumping into the air, and passing it back to someone else on your squad because you don't have the skills to make a 10-footer? Or to even try to penetrate to the bucket? There's a supposed elite guy doing it several times per game in the NBA. :wink:

Nope, Even at 56 and just finding out I am now an expectant Grandfather, I shoot better than that ELITE NBA player. My scouting report which is available thru Go Hens, would indicate once inside half court.... I'm in range.

I really like Simmons but the Sixers will NEVER win anything with him if He doesn't improve his overall game. That truly showed in the 4Q of yesterday's game 7. Regular Season Basketball and Playoff Basketball are 2 totally different beasts!!!
It's a shame, The Sixers are the more talented team!!!

I am not a Sixers hater just a realist!!!

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Have a feeling Brown will be back.

Obviously the big need is to resign Butler. I’d resign Redick as well but have him be a shooter off the bench. Eight unrestricted free agents next year along with Butler and Ennis having player options. Will be an interesting off season.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Tue May 14, 2019 5:31 am

Announced Brown IS coming back.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Tue May 14, 2019 8:39 am

HENJOHN wrote:Announced Brown IS coming back.
I can't get excited about that decision. Will Embiid develop a post game or are we destined for another season of him meandering around the 3-point arc setting picks?

Will Simmons develop even a mid-range game next year or same old same old?
Delaware Football - where the focus isn’t on winning?

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 pm

I know the Morning show on WIP has an emphases on entertainment but their Twitter poll this morning was interesting:

Which of the following describes your feelings on Ben Simmons:
1) Love Him
2) Not sure about him
3) Trade Him

I think there is one clear runaway in this poll but who knows.

Thoughts?

I'm am B, Not sure about him. But if it's another off season and he returns with no improvement in his mid range and outside game, He will IMHO NOT be worth a max contract. The only and I mean ONLY way He become that once in a generational player is as a PG. And there is no way, ZERO chance, that can happen as his game currently stands. I do not agree with the resident poster who insists that He is at that level. And his response to me that if Simmons' develops an outside game it will take away from the other parts of his game??????? I don't agree and truthfully that maybe a 1st in the history of sports where improvement in one aspect of someone's game would negatively impact the other parts of his game. As a PF, His number's are a little above average( 16 and 8 ) but He would no doubt be the best passing PF in the league.

Let's hope He works his A$$ of this off season!!!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon May 20, 2019 12:25 pm

UDPat wrote:
joe c wrote:
Hens79 wrote:Game 7 Sunday. This one is over.
Going to be tough assignment 79..We showed some heart last night..Coast to coast win...
How shocking of Pat tooting his own ridiculous post about how smart is...lolololololol...Just like the UD hoop board....Yup keep on posting so you can prove it...NOT....
Toronto plays great defense...They rotate very quickly on Simmons cutting off penetration as well as trying to keep him pff glass....We still could use another sniper as well as a healthy Embiid...
Scott was fantastic last night as was the total team effort...Where was that the last 2 games?

The Sixers questions are not what to do w Simmons (comical). It is what are they going to dp with Butler Harris and Redick....Much depends on what happens Sunday..If they get beat then the biggest question besides the 3 players might be on Brown's status....Just maybe....lolol...

If they get in transition they will be tough to beat...Last night they did that as they pushed the ball quickly...Yes Leonard will get his points despite a horrible percentage.....We need Redick and Harris to shoot better and Embiid and Simmons to cut down on turnovers....

We won last night despite Embiid obviously hurting...He will have 2 days to get at least a bit more healthy..
Tough assignment for sure...

Great win by the Sixers!!! Team win!!

About time the ELITE player showed up. Elite players would have 5 out 6 good games in the series not other way around. Wasn't going to mention this but you brought it up. Of course, I gave him 5 games to step up and be ELITE while you said nothing!!! Now you are talking but that's your MO, one game.

Congrats, your Elite player just moved back into double figure scoring for the series while all his other number's are down from the regular season.

Like you said, if they win this series it will be a team win. Not because Ben Simmons stepped his game up.

You have made some ridiculous bet offer to me a couple of weeks. Here's another: I'll play you one on one for 1000$ and I want the GOHens board in attendance. You can name the time and the place.

And I'll give you an advantage: There is a poster you who know personally that did some digging a few years back and found out everything there is to know about my game or lack of your delusional minds seems to think is the case. Send me a PM and I'll give you that name and you will have what you need. You know this poster very well. I don't make false claims on a message as all things can be checked in the day of social media.

It appears there will be no game. LOL LOL, No PM was ever sent requesting my scouting report. And believe me the Man who has it, you all know very well on these boards, especially the football boards.

UPDATE: May 20, 2019 Ben Simmons is still NOT an ELITE NBA player. :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: Got mocked and called names for months about that comment. And I kept defending my stance with facts, well now that the proof is in the pudding or another below average 2nd round playoff performance(being kind).

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:06 am

Well the draft has come and gone. I have no feeling for what the Sixers did or didn't do.

But....................................................................I have heard that they may very well end up with at least a meeting with Kawhi Leonard. Odds may be long to acquire but you add him???

That would be 2 elite NBA players in Kawhi and Embiid along with a nice complementary 3rd piece in Simmons, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You may have something there!!!!

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:20 am

Draft was fine. I like the guy they got with the 20-something pick in the first round - they needed a guy who can play defense against wings and there's all the expectations that this guy was the best defensive player in the draft. I know some people wanted them to use the second round picks on actual people, but those guys are all projects or G-leaguers for next year anyway. The draft was fine.

What will determine where the Sixers go is what they do in the next month. Khawi would be fantastic but is also unrealistic. I think he goes to the Clippers. I wouldn't mind being wrong though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers lost Butler but picked up Al Horford. It's a bit risky but I think it works. It really needs Tobias Harris to be the shooter he's supposed to be, but it could work.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation