Game times announced

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Big R
UD Class: 1975

Game times announced

Post by Big R »

2023 Delaware Football Schedule
Aug. 31 at Stony Brook * 7 p.m.
Sep. 9 at Penn State TBD
Sep. 16 Saint Francis (Pa.) 6 p.m.
Sep. 23 New Hampshire * 6 p.m.
Oct. 7 Duquesne 3 p.m. Parents & Family Weekend
Oct. 14 North Carolina A&T * 3 p.m. Homecoming
Oct. 21 at Hampton * 2 p.m.
Oct. 28 at Towson * 4 p.m.
Nov. 4 Elon * 1 p.m.
Nov. 11 at Campbell * 1 p.m.
Nov. 18 Villanova * 1 p.m.
Mickey to Rocky about SPEED - https://youtu.be/N0GdQyIm7DU
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Re: Game times announced

Post by UD '01 grad »

Noon > 1 p.m. > 3 p.m. > 6 p.m. > 7 p.m.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

UD '01 grad wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:13 pm Noon > 1 p.m. > 3 p.m. > 6 p.m. > 7 p.m.
And 4pm (Towson).
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Earlier the better. Guessing Penn State will be a noon start but who knows.
J1705
UD Class: 2005

Post by J1705 »

UD '01 grad wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:30 pm Earlier the better. Guessing Penn State will be a noon start but who knows.
I like night games early in the season when it can still be really toasty in the sun. Our helmets look nice under the lights !!!
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

what a $hit schedule! I seriously hope there are serious discussions behind the scenes to fix the mess...
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:22 amwhat a $hit schedule! I seriously hope there are serious discussions behind the scenes to fix the mess...
This is a standard CAA/FCS schedule. Having games later in the day early in the season helps attendance.

How would you propose UD "fix" the schedule?
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:38 am
Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:22 amwhat a $hit schedule! I seriously hope there are serious discussions behind the scenes to fix the mess...
This is a standard CAA/FCS schedule. Having games later in the day early in the season helps attendance.

Not to speak for him, but I think he was referring to the quality, or lack of, of opponents on the schedule. It generally is a pretty blah schedule.

As for the times, UD has listened to its fans and I applaud that. No one likes sweating in their seats for day games in September, and no one likes freezing more than they have to with night games in November. This is the second or third time at least that they've gone with the game times like they have and I like it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Gannonfan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:44 am

Not to speak for him, but I think he was referring to the quality, or lack of, of opponents on the schedule. It generally is a pretty blah schedule.

As for the times, UD has listened to its fans and I applaud that. No one likes sweating in their seats for day games in September, and no one likes freezing more than they have to with night games in November. This is the second or third time at least that they've gone with the game times like they have and I like it.

I agree. I like the game times. And about the schedule. As hard as it is to believe, this home schedule is actually worse than last years. But I’ll be there. And tailgating in my now numbered Blue Champion parking spot. The grand kids will be a year older and I will give them a chance to make it through a whole game. Would it be too much to ask for the same weather as last year? :D
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

I'm not talking about the times....
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:04 am

Actually you are :D
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:21 am

actually i'm not.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:13 am

actually i'm not.
Good to see you've maintained your sense of humor Balti :roll:
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:13 am

actually i'm not.
Sign O' the times, Balti...not the clock times. :D
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Hens79 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:59 am
Gannonfan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:44 am

I agree. I like the game times. And about the schedule. As hard as it is to believe, this home schedule is actually worse than last years. But I’ll be there. And tailgating in my now numbered Blue Champion parking spot. The grand kids will be a year older and I will give them a chance to make it through a whole game. Would it be too much to ask for the same weather as last year? :D
Numbered Blue Champions lot spots? :shock:

Game changer! The coveted, often fought over, spots with the extra grass in front of the big Blue Hen picture on the Field House are going to be as valuable as low-digit Delaware license plates.

The stories I can tell... :lol: :lol: God Bless those parking attendants...they take a lot of crap for trying to hold the lines.

Oh well...another legendary set of memories now restricted to the past. Life will go on. :D

Wait...the only sell the parking spots...not the grass on the far side of the sidewalk. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Let the battles begin, yet again!!!!!! :lol: