Concept North Endzone

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
A$$KickinChicken
UD Class: 1995

Concept North Endzone

Post by A$$KickinChicken »

It is a Blue Hen world, and we are just living in it!!!
Big R
UD Class: 1975

Re: Concept North Endzone

Post by Big R »

Thanks, Dan! More or less how I had mentally pictured it based on the initial discussions. Except I had pictured the new Fieldhouse/indoor practice facility to be somewhat larger to house a full-size practice field, offices for various sports, football locker rooms and more. But perhaps it’s just the perspective of the drawing.
Mickey to Rocky about SPEED - https://youtu.be/N0GdQyIm7DU
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

Big R wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:37 pm Thanks, Dan! More or less how I had mentally pictured it based on the initial discussions.
All credit to Henny in another thread as well. :D
Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

Really Cool and modern looking design. This will more than likely only increase the stadium capacity for a couple of thousand maybe (gets us back to just over 20k?) but will really provide and enhanced experience and more social options to everyone who goes to the games. The new building will also really enhance the experience of all student athletes at UD. There is a new portal for entering the stadium in between the NE stands, will they be moving the locker rooms to the new building? Are they just waiting to hit a private donation threshold before they officially announce the project?
Big R

Post by Big R »

Hensfansince03 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:00 pm Really Cool and modern looking design. This will more than likely only increase the stadium capacity for a couple of thousand maybe (gets us back to just over 20k?) but will really provide and enhanced experience and more social options to everyone who goes to the games. The new building will also really enhance the experience of all student athletes at UD. There is a new portal for entering the stadium in between the NE stands, will they be moving the locker rooms to the new building? Are they just waiting to hit a private donation threshold before they officially announce the project?
As I mentioned in a previous post, above, football locker rooms will be moved to the new building, as will football offices and offices for a number of other sports (now housed in the Bob and existing field house). And, yes, as with the WAC and renovation of the West Stands, once they hit a certain percentage of the needed monies from a ”silent campaign” with private donors, they will make a formal announcement and ask for public donations to get to the final number. The hope is that they can do that sometime during football season. Keep in mind, too, that initial artists conceptions often change by the time the final design is locked in.
Mickey to Rocky about SPEED - https://youtu.be/N0GdQyIm7DU
93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen »

Meh.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BlueHenBobby

Post by BlueHenBobby »

Certainly does't look like a major increase in capacity that you might expect for a move to FBS.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Doesn't look like many additional seats especially if the other stands are renovated... Only time will tell!
#JustWinBaby
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen »

A lot can change b/t drawing and construction, but i agree, the stands look a bit underwhelming. corner space around the endzone wasted,. could go a little taller with the endzone structure and add suites like old dominion did when they came into fcs. but the practice structure i am sure will be top notch...

p.s.- there is a major sideline violation on the home team here. I hope Carty works to get this corrected...
Hens69

Post by Hens69 »

May well be my eyes but can someone explain what those wrap around structures are that connect to the ends of the east west stands on either side. :?:
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

My initial reaction: if you were hoping for a homer, this may be more like a fouled bunt with two strikes. Where's the hook to attract potential corporate or season ticket investors? Now, in fairness, maybe there are more amenities for investors that aren't apparent from this single rendering.

This image doesn't exactly scream football reclassification as much as it seems to indicate a real desire to stay well ahead of CAA competition. Good luck with that.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Hens69 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:53 am May well be my eyes but can someone explain what those wrap around structures are that connect to the ends of the east west stands on either side. :?:
Fluff filler.

These renderings aren’t exact models…far from it. The main takeaway is the the stadium will wrap around and there will be a facility attached the the back of the end zone.

Nothing is actually to scale. There could be more seats or fewer. They threw in a Hens Den…many updated stadiums have an open area where people can walk and eat (think of the Phillies stadium), but the sketch won’t define the area to be built because we have no idea about final funding.

I do like the fact that they threw in the larger mountain ridge in the background. That is going to be a big draw for hikers. Probably going to build that from all of the excavated dirt.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Hens69 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:53 am May well be my eyes but can someone explain what those wrap around structures are that connect to the ends of the east west stands on either side. :?:
I have tried to figure that out too, are those box seats above the concourse on the right side of the picture?
Los Angeles Harballers
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Who is paying for this? Or is UD asking that very same question

If an opportunity presented itself, Who at UD gives the Green light on going full FBS?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Cluck U wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:18 amI do like the fact that they threw in the larger mountain ridge in the background. That is going to be a big draw for hikers. Probably going to build that from all of the excavated dirt.
Ha, yes! And breathtaking view from atop Section H. The new Pike Creek National Mountain Range will give the locals something worthwhile to do on Saturday fall afternoons.

The end zone renderings have been scaled dramatically over the last few years.
UD3 copy.jpg
UD3 copy.jpg (115.51 KiB) Viewed 2528 times