FCS vs. FBS according to Sanders

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Re: FCS vs. FBS according to Sanders

Post by bluehenbillk »

Good SunBelt game on tonight - Coastal at App
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

bluehenbillk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:20 pm Good SunBelt game on tonight - Coastal at App
Nice matchup. Bet they love playing Tuesday night
bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk »

Well you can look at it two ways John. You play during the week and you’re the only game in town and with a national audience. ESPN 2 tonight, next Thursday is JMU at Marshall on the main ESPN channel. Or you play a traditional Saturday game. People are in a routine, don’t have to take off or leave work early and 80% of the time the game is streamed on ESPN+.

We’ll see tonight and next week what kind of crowds they get.

BTW noon Saturday on ESPN2: 4-1 Georgia Southern at 5-0 JMU

Edit: according to social media the App game tonight is sold out
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

bluehenbillk wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:41 pm Well you can look at it two ways John. You play during the week and you’re the only game in town and with a national audience. ESPN 2 tonight, next Thursday is JMU at Marshall on the main ESPN channel. Or you play a traditional Saturday game. People are in a routine, don’t have to take off or leave work early and 80% of the time the game is streamed on ESPN+.

We’ll see tonight and next week what kind of crowds they get.

BTW noon Saturday on ESPN2: 4-1 Georgia Southern at 5-0 JMU

Edit: according to social media the App game tonight is sold out
I really wasn't knocking it and I really do get the only game in town slant, I was just looking at it from the players perspective of a Tuesday game, the routines being altered, having classes etc. Good matchup for sure. App State is very competitive.

Believe it or not, there's THREE FBS games tonight and two Wednesday night.
bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk »

I think if you play one weekday game a season it’s fine. More than that and the novelty wears off, you see less fans there and yes it’s disruptive for players and coaches routines but also the kids academic workload.
Keeping it real that if you’re a G5 or FCS player 98% of kids playing days end here.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Some of these schools are playing Multiple weekday games including Sam Houston, Middle Tenn and La Tech
bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk »

You’re absolutely correct - CUSA and the MAC made those deals to be shown on platforms they normally have no business being on. They’re mostly streaming leagues.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

They've also been on CBSSN and some on ESPN Networks, ESPNU AND ESPN2. They can have the Tues and Wednesday night action
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Sam Houston has gone from the FCS Penthouse in 2021 to the FBS outhouse this fall

I wonder how there fans feel about being 0-5
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019