Saddler HOF

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDPat

Re: Saddler HOF

Post by UDPat »

UDEL Fear the Bird wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:43 pm
UDPat wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:11 am
UDEL Fear the Bird wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 pm

What does administrative support have to do with being a good game day coach? Monte was great at recruiting but you would have to be blind to think he was a good game day coach. The offense was no motion and clear out for Saddler. :lol: There is a reason why it took Monte so long to get another D1 head coaching job after he left. I look forward to UD’s demolition of NC A&T this year.
Don't let facts get in your way, After UD screwed up his contract extension, Monte had 2 years of pay so why work when his kids were in HS and He had other endeavors going(flipping houses). He watched his kids thru HS and then took the Temple ASSOC Head Coach job(newsflash: pays way more than UD Head Coach)

Did I say He was a great coach??? Nope, Learn how to read.

If you know nothing about having support of your superiors in a role, you are lucky, most of us need that.

I'll take the word of an established D1 Coach over someone who knows nothing: YOU!!!!!!! I have some bias but I don't let that get in the way of facts.
Did Monte somehow take over UDPat’s account and start using it as a burner? If not, you must be one of the biggest Ross apologists of all time. The D1 coach who you keep mentioning is probably friends with Monte if he is talking about building a statue for him so I’m sure there is no bias there. :roll: You keep on talking about facts but don’t actually provide any really so here are some facts for you:

1. Monte’s record at UD was 132-184 (.418) which is bad
2. Monte had 3 winning seasons during his 10 years at UD (All 3 of his winning seasons were during the time Saddler was at UD)
3. Monte had a losing record in conference games 79-100
4. Significant upgrades were made to the Bob when Monte was coach so Monte definitely got no support during this time. :roll: TBH I am surprised that this actually got done considering how much Harker and Ziady did not seem to care about UD sports at all.

Monte did not get another contract extension because he is a mediocre coach overall at best.
Everything you post is true. Yes, I was very good friends with that staff. Sat right behind the bench at every away I went to. That confirmed by one poster.

Never said He was a great coach. I have way more respect for the Man than most on here, that's all. I don't get wood crucifying people on this board like you and others do.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
UDEL Fear the Bird

Post by UDEL Fear the Bird »

UDPat wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:27 am
UDEL Fear the Bird wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:43 pm
UDPat wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:11 am

Don't let facts get in your way, After UD screwed up his contract extension, Monte had 2 years of pay so why work when his kids were in HS and He had other endeavors going(flipping houses). He watched his kids thru HS and then took the Temple ASSOC Head Coach job(newsflash: pays way more than UD Head Coach)

Did I say He was a great coach??? Nope, Learn how to read.

If you know nothing about having support of your superiors in a role, you are lucky, most of us need that.

I'll take the word of an established D1 Coach over someone who knows nothing: YOU!!!!!!! I have some bias but I don't let that get in the way of facts.
Did Monte somehow take over UDPat’s account and start using it as a burner? If not, you must be one of the biggest Ross apologists of all time. The D1 coach who you keep mentioning is probably friends with Monte if he is talking about building a statue for him so I’m sure there is no bias there. :roll: You keep on talking about facts but don’t actually provide any really so here are some facts for you:

1. Monte’s record at UD was 132-184 (.418) which is bad
2. Monte had 3 winning seasons during his 10 years at UD (All 3 of his winning seasons were during the time Saddler was at UD)
3. Monte had a losing record in conference games 79-100
4. Significant upgrades were made to the Bob when Monte was coach so Monte definitely got no support during this time. :roll: TBH I am surprised that this actually got done considering how much Harker and Ziady did not seem to care about UD sports at all.

Monte did not get another contract extension because he is a mediocre coach overall at best.
Everything you post is true. Yes, I was very good friends with that staff. Sat right behind the bench at every away I went to. That confirmed by one poster.

Never said He was a great coach. I have way more respect for the Man than most on here, that's all. I don't get wood crucifying people on this board like you and others do.
I agree with you that Monte is a good guy and his players like playing for him. No argument there.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

What is actually a little funny about this well deserved honor for Devon, Who by the way did in fact join the UDPat family for Sunday Lasagna on more than one occasion, :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is, Where all the posters who thought the keys of the bus should have given to Jarvis Threatt??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There were a lot of you!!!!!!! I fought that battle as I drove the Devon Saddler Bus.

NEWSFLASH: If the keys had been turned over as most of you wanted, NO CAA TITLE in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

The word some used about Jarvis: Potential and He had plenty. Takes a lot more than that. Sometimes hard to measure HEART
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted: