Game Thread: Elon

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Attila the Hen

Re: Game Thread: Elon

Post by Attila the Hen »

Ambrose is doing a nice job up at UAlbany. Makes you wonder how much he was handcuffed here.
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

bluehenbillk wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:27 pm
Jaxhen1 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:12 pm Which Albany team? You mean the Albany team who lost to UNH, who we beat; or the Albany team who only beat Towson 24-17, a team we smoked 51-13; or the Albany team who needed overtime to beat Morgan State. I respectfully disagree. Albany might win but Delaware would be favored. I realize Albany beat Villanova but I would still favor Delaware in that game.
Albany didn’t beat Nova, they pounded them. We’ll see how UD manages that game next week
Well, they sure as heck didn’t pound Towson, a team we demolished and they didn’t pound Morgan State. I’ll stick with Delaware in that match up. Maybe, we’ll get a chance to face them in the playoffs.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Albany does have the best quarterback in the CAA

Reese Puffenburger is a playmaker with his arm and swift elusive feet

They found a Diamond in the rough type RB in Freshman Griffen Woodell out of Glen Falls, NY who’s had 100 yard games every time I check

Solid WRs

Having said all that, Delaware is very similar and if healthy we could certainly beat Albany, but I do like Albany
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Oldhen

Post by Oldhen »

Double G wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:19 pm How much skill gee whiz talent do we really have on this team? Yarns is the only guy I can think of…
He’s pretty irreplaceable. This might be the fastest Hen team I’ve seen, and I’ve watched since the 50’s. That includes Marker, who amazed me. Not everybody is going to get the touches Yarns did, and that’s good.
I do whatever the Rice Krispies tell me to do.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

I feel comfortable having Cumby as the starting running back while Yarn is not available. Runs hard and is fast.

We are in good hands with Cumby.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Warrior Hen wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:06 pm I feel comfortable having Cumby as the starting running back while Yarn is not available. Runs hard and is fast.

We are in good hands with Cumby.
Maybe it’s time we recognize Andrew Pierce for the job he has done with the RBs.