The Test -Villanova

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Re: The Test -Villanova

Post by Maddog@76 »

jd of de wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:41 pm Be there. Be loud. Carty has said a number of times this season, it works and it helps. The leaf raking can wait.
Hanby crew will be reporting for duty in Sector C” 15 strong. Cock-a-doodle-do!
Wayne
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Maddog@76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:03 pm
jd of de wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:41 pm Be there. Be loud. Carty has said a number of times this season, it works and it helps. The leaf raking can wait.
Wayne
The Hanby Golden Wave
Firstand10BlueHens
UD Class: 2005

Post by Firstand10BlueHens »

My son (6) and I, plus his friend and Dad will be in attendance. It'll be everyone's first UD home game except for me of course. Go Hens!
beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Post by beancounter »

Coming from Colorado hoping to end this danged streaks of losses. Tired of Villanova being our daddy.
Proud to be a f@&king Blue Hen!
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Maddog@76 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:03 pm
Wayne
You and your group are the BEST!!!!

Hope every Hens fan goes home happy tomorrow. 👍
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Henny wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:03 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:20 am
Henny wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:12 am It won't matter how we watch the game or who thinks this is a rivalry. If we don't make Watkins uncomfortable and let him find Pringle, they're going to do a lot of damage. I'm sure our defensive coaches and players are well aware and will be prepared!

Go Hens!!
Henny, we can’t let Pringles sprinkle any salt and vinegar or sour cream and onions on what should be a beautiful and loud glorious football day at Delaware Stadium

That dude is definitely a homerun threat

Maybe the Elon game was a wake up call for us and we'll be more prepared for the home run balls.
Another threat is WR Jaylan Sanchez, from Jersey City, NJ who played HS ball in Florida

Checked the national stats and he’s #2 in YPC at close to 24 yards per catch on 24 receptions

Pringle at a ridiculous 27.88 YPC that leads the nation

No wonder Hayek’s stats are down

Our secondary is going to have their hands full

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs ... vidual/930
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

If Manny doesn't find a way to effectively disguise coverages and dial up the heat on Watkins, it could be a very long day for the guys in yellow & blue. Cannot afford to get down in this one and have to play the full 60.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:58 am If Manny doesn't find a way to effectively disguise coverages and dial up the heat on Watkins, it could be a very long day for the guys in yellow & blue. Cannot afford to get down in this one and have to play the full 60.
And the Nova D coordinator has plenty to worry about as well

For starters, who will be the QB? We’re going to see both would be my bet. The interesting part will be who will Carty go to for the win?

This game has all the makings of a classic
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

#21 needs to touch the ball ALOT, can break one at anytime.
Los Angeles Harballers
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »

Eff Nova!!!!
The Dude Abides!
Heeper

Post by Heeper »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:47 am #21 needs to touch the ball ALOT, can break one at anytime.
100% agree. as long as he's healthy, He is the best player on the field, please feed him the rock. I hope Carty doesn't over think this one.
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

HenZoneNation wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:51 am Eff Nova!!!!
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

RalphD58 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:28 pm
I was going to do a LIKE for HZN's F***em" as well- screw the villains :lol: "Kick em' when they're up, kick em' when they're down" hell, kick em' all around"-without any personal fouls called :roll:

I'm almost frothing at the mouth waiting to watch this game. It certainly appears Villanova will be the best FCS team we have faced. No "history repeats itself" BS.

I agree with you HR about hoping to get a better feel for this team's "quality" for all the reasons we've discussed on the board ad nauseum.

I also agree 100% with UDSB97( HZ- no way :wink: ) that making it into the playoffs was a "given". If we didn't/don't(GF) get in, this season will have been a disaster even though it's clearly better than RC's first rodeo as HC/OC.

UDF1- can you please elaborate on your reference to us being unhealthy and V being fine? I figured last week's game allowed us to hold back a few dinged up guys to allow us to get as healthy as possible in game 11.

Sorry -I just noticed I was referring to the "Poll" thread's last page posts about V. game.

Finally- do any of you remember Conway Hayman(RIP my friend) at the end of a V game swinging his helmet at a few of their guys as the team's were leaving the field? That memory is etched in my mind! He was one tough guy.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

tenn hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:01 pm
RalphD58 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:28 pm
I was going to do a LIKE for HZN's F***em" as well- screw the villains :lol: "Kick em' when they're up, kick em' when they're down" hell, kick em' all around"-without any personal fouls called :roll:

I'm almost frothing at the mouth waiting to watch this game. It certainly appears Villanova will be the best FCS team we have faced. No "history repeats itself" BS.

I agree with you HR about hoping to get a better feel for this team's "quality" for all the reasons we've discussed on the board ad nauseum.

I also agree 100% with UDSB97( HZ- no way :wink: ) that making it into the playoffs was a "given". If we didn't/don't(GF) get in, this season will have been a disaster even though it's clearly better than RC's first rodeo as HC/OC.

UDF1- can you please elaborate on your reference to us being unhealthy and V being fine? I figured last week's game allowed us to hold back a few dinged up guys to allow us to get as healthy as possible in game 11.

Sorry -I just noticed I was referring to the "Poll" thread's last page posts about V. game.

Finally- do any of you remember Conway Hayman(RIP my friend) at the end of a V game swinging his helmet at a few of their guys as the team's were leaving the field? That memory is etched in my mind! He was one tough guy.
I was at that game - it was either 1969 or 1970 - both comeback wins for Nova
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

the Temple and Villanova games were true rivalries. END THE DROUGHT TOMMOPROW
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens