Can we field a competitive football team next week?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
GhostOfThePeeWall

Re: Can we field a competitive football team next week?

Post by GhostOfThePeeWall »

Cluck U wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:47 am
dovetail wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:20 am I know Delaware likes to keep mum on injuries but I don't recall seeing things this bad. Both QB's possibly out or severely limited. Talented and speedy receivers corps depleted and both top running backs limited. Yeah, injuries are a part of the game but I can't ever recall a situation as bad as this at the end of a season. November sucks.
Give Minu a week to prepare and he should do a decent job. The kid has wheels and guts. Laffy will be a challenge, but they aren’t a super team and we are on their level. Home field advantage should put us over the top.
I agree. Last week's offense wasn't designed for #4. Give him a week of practice with the 1s and a gameplan designed to his skill set and I'm excited to see what he can do.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Hopefully we will have a quarterback ready to perform.

Our talented wide receiver group is not very useful without a solid performance at the quarterback position.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Warrior Hen wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:38 pm Hopefully we will have a quarterback ready to perform.

Our talented wide receiver group is not very useful without a solid performance at the quarterback position.
Our talented WR corp is limping or already in sweat pants

Wimbery played 3.5 games and not really much at Penn State so barely 3 games, a real shame

Harvin came into the season less than 100% and right when he started to get healthy he got hurt again on a fluke play vs NC A&T, he’s back and hopefully ready to roll

Woulda been nice too see these two on the field together

Bermudez hurt on opening KO ve Elon and hurt again Saturday, he really helps the offense just by being out there but who knows if he’s playing

So we’re going with our All conference WR Townsend, who had been very solid once again

Youngblood and Lutz round it out

Brose not really a WR but he’s certainly a tremendous asset

So we’re down 2, a gimpy Harvin and 2 more that a lot posters on here didn’t want as they said we had too many WRs already ….
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Fortunately, Carty brought in the play makers he thought we needed. Apparently, we needed one more experienced quarterback that was ready to play immediately.

Hopefully, Minu will be ready to go this week. Don’t want to lose to the Leopards. Let’s win and shock the Grizzlies the following week with an upset win.
Hen78
UD Class: 1978

Post by Hen78 »

Checking the UD stats I see that Minicucci has played in 4 games. I'm no expert on redshirt rules so if he plays in his 5th game Saturday does he lose the redshirt?
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Hen78 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:40 pm Checking the UD stats I see that Minicucci has played in 4 games. I'm no expert on redshirt rules so if he plays in his 5th game Saturday does he lose the redshirt?
No. Playoff games do not count towards that.
#JUST WIN
Firstand10BlueHens
UD Class: 2005

Post by Firstand10BlueHens »

Hen78 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:40 pm Checking the UD stats I see that Minicucci has played in 4 games. I'm no expert on redshirt rules so if he plays in his 5th game Saturday does he lose the redshirt?
According to Tres. article today "it's not looking good" for Ryan this week with a lower body injury. So we'll likely need #4 to turn it on. He's looked good in other games this year so hopefully we can overcome this spell of injuries. There can't be too many teams in the playoffs with their 3rd stringer.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Establishing the run game and a short to medium passing game with occasional long passes will help make an inexperienced quarterback feel more comfortable.

Hopefully Carty leaves his bag of tricks unopened. Tricky is not what’s needed for a third string quarterback that is still getting comfortable with the base offense. Don’t lose the game as a result of trying to trick the Leopards which ends up only confusing our players. We are good enough even with the injury situation to beat the Leopards.

Keep in mind that the Patriot league does not grant players red-shirt status except medical redshirts.This is definitely a disadvantage for the Leopards.
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

Warrior Hen wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:52 am Establishing the run game and a short to medium passing game with occasional long passes will help make an inexperienced quarterback feel more comfortable.

Hopefully Carty leaves his bag of tricks unopened. Tricky is not what’s needed for a third string quarterback that is still getting comfortable with the base offense. Don’t lose the game as a result of trying to trick the Leopards which ends up only confusing our players. We are good enough even with the injury situation to beat the Leopards.

Keep in mind that the Patriot league does not grant players red-shirt status except medical redshirts.This is definitely a disadvantage for the Leopards.
First paragraph...could not agree more. Let's make sure the TE is involved with the short to medium passes.
VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Post by VIKING '87 »

Firstand10BlueHens wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:45 pm
According to Tres. article today "it's not looking good" for Ryan this week with a lower body injury. So we'll likely need #4 to turn it on. He's looked good in other games this year so hopefully we can overcome this spell of injuries. There can't be too many teams in the playoffs with their 3rd stringer.
Looks like he just reported on what Ryan said Monday. IMO it's gamesmanship. Have to think ROC will play the second half, if needed. Probably start. Have nothing to base it on..........other than suspicion.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

VIKING '87 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:55 pm
Firstand10BlueHens wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:45 pm
Looks like he just reported on what Ryan said Monday. IMO it's gamesmanship. Have to think ROC will play the second half, if needed. Probably start. Have nothing to base it on..........other than suspicion.
Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies

I’m thinking the Lafayette coach feels the same way, and if so, it can only help the Hens!
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019