CUSA - Press Conference

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Sally in RI
UD Class: 1974

Re: CUSA - Press Conference

Post by Sally in RI »

I do believe the comment about the on campus stadium was a direct slam of UCONN and UMASS and how not to make the transition.

Sally in RI
93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:23 pm
93BlueHen wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:40 pmThank God PHL didn't lose Judy MacLeod's luggage like they do everyone else's.
Quote of the day!!! :lol:

I presume she might have had that official invitation letter in her carry on.
Smart lady!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Sally in RI wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:44 pm I do believe the comment about the on campus stadium was a direct slam of UCONN and UMASS and how not to make the transition.

Sally in RI
For sure.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

93BlueHen wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:49 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:23 pm
93BlueHen wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:40 pmThank God PHL didn't lose Judy MacLeod's luggage like they do everyone else's.
Quote of the day!!! :lol:

I presume she might have had that official invitation letter in her carry on.
Smart lady!
And something tells me the “they would laugh me out of the room“ comment was another smart decoy on her part…
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Housthen18
UD Class: 2018

Post by Housthen18 »

I do wonder what led UD to decline a CUSA invite merely a year ago (according to a faculty member who has posted here) and accept it this time around, when the fee was $5 million dollars higher. Did JMU's season cause the BOT to have an epiphany?
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Moving to FBS does not affect scholarship limits in any other sport. Football is the only sport that “tiers Division One” with FBS and FCS. All of the other sports have their own scholarship limits and they haven’t changed for UD in some time as they’ve been D-1 in them for a long time.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

It really hasn't been noted on this message board, but I do feel bad for the seniors on next year's football team as they will not be able to go to the playoffs and compete for a championship by no fault of their own. I truly hope they get a great sendoff on Senior Day next year!
GO BIG BLUE!
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »

When I listen to the people running our university and athletic programs I feel a sense of pride and excitement that I have not felt for awhile. They seem to have a clear and articulated plan for the present and the future. I'm so excited about the future and what that means for the university and athletics. No living in the past, no trying to do things small or against the normal grain.

After watching the conference I have a couple of questions if people on this board can help me with:
1) How do you become a member of the Touchdown club?
2) I read a little about the second phase of the stadiums additions but when they enclose the stadium, does that add more seating. Do they have some sort of blueprint (I cringe asking this as I bit bad by Bernard Muir's potential stadium design) for what it will look like?

3) In looking at the stadium and seeing the noticeable difference between the East and West stands, why don't they put the cameras on the other side of the field so that when people watch the games they don't see the old stadium they see the Whitney Center and the upgraded section of the stadium?
It's an impressive addition to the stadium and strange we don't take full advantage of it by showing it off more.

Anyway....Blue Hens baby...lezzzzz-a-goooooooo
The Dude Abides!
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Looking forward to see if you get answers to these great questions Rich!
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

HenZoneNation wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:43 pm When I listen to the people running our university and athletic programs I feel a sense of pride and excitement that I have not felt for awhile. They seem to have a clear and articulated plan for the present and the future. I'm so excited about the future and what that means for the university and athletics. No living in the past, no trying to do things small or against the normal grain.

After watching the conference I have a couple of questions if people on this board can help me with:
2) I read a little about the second phase of the stadiums additions but when they enclose the stadium, does that add more seating. Do they have some sort of blueprint (I cringe asking this as I bit bad by Bernard Muir's potential stadium design) for what it will look like?

3) In looking at the stadium and seeing the noticeable difference between the East and West stands, why don't they put the cameras on the other side of the field so that when people watch the games they don't see the old stadium they see the Whitney Center and the upgraded section of the stadium?
It's an impressive addition to the stadium and strange we don't take full advantage of it by showing it off more.

Don’t know about #2 buy you can join the BHTC easily by going to their website and registering and paying up. That’s all it takes.

On #3, I speculate that’s because the new media location is in the penthouse of the west stands and the media is coordinated there. It would be nice to show the home stands as the regular view but realilze those seats are often more empty than the east bleachers. I scratch my head every game when I see the number of empty seats on the home side. I certainly hope the crew in yellow stays put with their support for the Hens.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

HenZoneNation wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Hi HZN, thanks for asking!

You can become a member here: www.bluehentdclub.com

Just click on "Become a Member". Dues for this year, which run on a calendar basis are: $60 for a single, $90 for a couple. There may be a small increase for next year. However, anyone signing up from today, to the end of this year, will be a member until 12/31/2024 at this year's rate.

There is also a nice discount for purchasing a seat at our annual Senior Awards Banquet, to be held on Friday, February 2, 2024. We honor all of our departing seniors at that event. Details to follow!

Also, please look over our website, where we report on our meetings and will soon have a post about today's CUSA event.

Whether you can attend a lunch, or not, your membership supports our support of UD (FBS!) FOOTBALL.

Go Hens!

PM me with any questions!
#JUST WIN
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Will Delaware football still be under the oppression of Flo sports in 2024 ?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:44 pm Will Delaware football still be under the oppression of Flo sports in 2024 ?
Yep sounds like it
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:07 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:44 pm Will Delaware football still be under the oppression of Flo sports in 2024 ?
Yep sounds like it
Yea 2024 is going to be a tough season in a lot of ways

That Portal is going to explode Monday and Carty has a lot of “Talkin toos” to do and tough decisions. It all has to be a major distraction

jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Info Hound wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:19 pm
HenZoneNation wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:43 pm

Hi HZN, thanks for asking!

You can become a member here: www.bluehentdclub.com

Just click on "Become a Member". Dues for this year, which run on a calendar basis are: $60 for a single, $90 for a couple. There may be a small increase for next year. However, anyone signing up from today, to the end of this year, will be a member until 12/31/2024 at this year's rate.

There is also a nice discount for purchasing a seat at our annual Senior Awards Banquet, to be held on Friday, February 2, 2024. We honor all of our departing seniors at that event. Details to follow!

Also, please look over our website, where we report on our meetings and will soon have a post about today's CUSA event.

Whether you can attend a lunch, or not, your membership supports our support of UD (FBS!) FOOTBALL.

Go Hens!

PM me with any questions!
As the former Prez, may I add, the BHTC membership dues and sponsorships go to;
1) It is how we pay for the Seniors to attend the BHTC Senior Banquet (they owe nothing to attend) and the Senior Plaque each receives to honor their commitment to Delaware football and the Captains plaques and the 6 Awards the club members vote to award each year.
2) The game MVP awards the club presents after each win.
3) The minimal expenses to be a non-profit organization.
4) After the banquet has been paid for, it has been the BHTC tradition to ask the football program “what do you need”. Our excess funds have paid for the leather sofas in the lounge area of the locker room, the first team use of Muscle Milk (before the team could get that into the budget) and a donation to the Whitney/Stadium project that’s is recognized with BHTC plaque on the Whitney entrance wall.

Our lunches are self-supporting and paid for by the attendees, and the bus trips are also self-supporting. Excess funds from both are added to what we donate to UD football after the banquet.

We appreciate all our members support.