Stony Brook

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: Stony Brook

Post by Hens79 »

I am glad the Hens beat a now 9-9 and 2-3 in the CAA team at home. They should. Now if they can beat 6-0 in the CAA Drexel maybe they can build some excitement and momentum.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

it appears that parity rules the CAA as Charleston's loss yesterday and the other close games so far this season indicate. Knocking off Drexel would be awesome.

As to yesterday's game- What stood out the most to me was that we managed to pull the W out after the dramatic collapse in the 1st half. W's build confidence especially needed going forward to Drexel. I thought that the 3's from Lane and Houser during the last 5 minutes or so was the key to that W. Davis obviously was fabulous all night and Lane's point production was great, esp. with Reilly's off night. How Houser's 3 managed to go in was, to say the least, shocking and clearly what the doctor ordered at the time. St. Br.'s 3pt % was pathetic and helped as well to add to our W. Ray's 5rbs a matching 5 assists were a key for us.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy »

bluehens2005 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:21 am
UDJoe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:38 am
rooneyguy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 am Since no one has mentioned this so far, I'll go first. MI did a nice job of coaching last night against a much bigger and stronger physical opponent. Just saying.
This.
Stony was like 9-8 or 8-9 coming into this they aren’t that great. Our lack of big man inside is going to kill us on the boards against good rebounding teams . Bethea curious to see him get more involved he’s out there as a body but it’s going to take time I guess to get him comfortable playing with these guys. Drumgoole also does a nice job for us with Davis when they both have a good game we have hope.
Stony previously lost to St. John's, Nebraska, Yale, Michigan State, Duquesne and Charleston, among others. Not exactly an easy schedule. But I agree with you about the lack of a true big man and how that will limit the Hens.