Home and Home Set with UCONN

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Re: Home and Home Set with UCONN

Post by Caribbean Hen »

bluehens2005 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:55 am
Hengrad07 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:38 am I'd much rather see UConn than the other NC “slop”, CR has been bringing unto Newark lately.
+1
Change see to beat and I’m with you

And CUSA is a Conference that Delaware should be very competitive right off the bat in 2026

9 team Conference with 5 teams ranked #115 or below ….

Let’s go in to win
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:05 pm
jd of de wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am CR brings in OOC opponents and to my memory in the OOC schedules she has approved, exactly ZERO have been from NC. The conference she inherited and has managed to get of out of sets that portion of our schedule. Facts are such an impediment to the hate some of you keep spewing.
Think they meant nonconference, not North Carolina.
Forget it, he’s rolling. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Facts…hate…spewing. :roll:

Good grief. There is enough out there for people to be concerned about without some folks just making stuff up in their minds.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Cluck U wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:41 am
jd of de wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:05 am CR brings in OOC opponents and to my memory in the OOC schedules she has approved, exactly ZERO have been from NC. The conference she inherited and has managed to get of out of sets that portion of our schedule. Facts are such an impediment to the hate some of you keep spewing.

Good grief. There is enough out there for people to be concerned about without some folks just making stuff up in their minds.
NC or OOC, that is the question.

Anyway, I could not be more pleased with who we have as upcoming opponents. I agree with Ralph, we want to predominately be playing teams with the names of states, or the actual word "state" in their names, or are state universities (Wake being an obvious exception!).

Looking forward to the teams coming in, and our (my) visits to OOC and CUSA opponents. Some examples, beyond the obvious attractions of Boulder, are Miami for FIU (Thanksgiving weekend would be nice), and Nashville, which is close to both MTSU and WKU, and Avelo flies there. As mentioned, I have never been to New Mexico, which will hopefully be changing.

As to midweek October games? Great! I get to see grandkid's sporting and other weekend events which I have been missing.

Fun times ahead. Let's just beat everyone on the way out the door.......
#JUST WIN
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Info Hound wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:28 am
Cluck U wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:41 am

NC or OOC, that is the question.

Anyway, I could not be more pleased with who we have as upcoming opponents. I agree with Ralph, we want to predominately be playing teams with the names of states, or the actual word "state" in their names, or are state universities (Wake being an obvious exception!).

Looking forward to the teams coming in, and our (my) visits to OOC and CUSA opponents. Some examples, beyond the obvious attractions of Boulder, are Miami for FIU (Thanksgiving weekend would be nice), and Nashville, which is close to both MTSU and WKU, and Avelo flies there. As mentioned, I have never been to New Mexico, which will hopefully be changing.

As to midweek October games? Great! I get to see grandkid's sporting and other weekend events which I have been missing.

Fun times ahead. Let's just beat everyone on the way out the door.......
Pretty much the way I am looking at it all the way around.

My grandkids are going to be starting the sports/activity cycle of life very soon. I will get to see more of them as well as UD football. And when they get a little older, they will likely come to the two week night games.

Would like to see 9 wins and great weather for the seven home games and then start planning the trip to Boulder.
Sally in RI
UD Class: 1974

Post by Sally in RI »

RalphD58 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:45 pm I didn't have to Google, "Where is UConn" and their mascot isn't a Camel named Gaylord, so I'm happy.
No, it's a Husky named Jonathan! (Saw him Friday night.) And the campus is still in the middle of nowhere. Their stadium is close to Hartford.

Sally in RI
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

After looking at the C-USA format for 2024, in 2025 we likely have an open date October 4, that will set us up for 4 consecutive weeks of mid-week games, followed by 4 Saturday games in November; the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th.
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Hengrad07 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:53 am
That's exactly what I meant and for the most part, the “OOC” has been slop. CR &/or assansis have probably also voted for the new “slop” entering the CAA. Good Bye, Good Ridence CAA!
what's the point of taking shots at CR? SHE is responsible for the Whitney, new press box, new video boards, and the move to FBS and CUSA. The pool of OOC opponents in the midatlantic FCS is VERY shallow. Yes it has sucked, but in her defense there is not much to work with. and in the end she has brought the football program further than her predecessors. With the deterioration of the CAA, who should she have wanted the conference to add? Again the pool of FCS quality programs in the mid-atlantic shallow. perhaps she voted to add who they added to force the hand of the board that a move was imminently necessary.

The shots at her are grossly undeserved!
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Not that it matters since the Coastal is practically in UD's rear view, but is there any evidence that Delaware approved any of the recent additions to the league or is it just pure fan speculation?

The school's public response was anything but favorable to the additions. Unless they had an ulterior motive to build support for an FBS move, why would the school approve Coastal additions that they didn't think helped Delaware? The speculation makes absolutely no sense.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Back to UConn here. This is a pretty amusing commentary from their standpoint, about scheduling UD. Not sure who their former player is, but he hates us! LOL

listen from the 35:44 mark.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/25ppZu ... 00e8854203

I hope it works for you.

Edit:
Here also, is an active thread on their message board:

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn- ... -h.197494/
#JUST WIN
Sally in RI
UD Class: 1974

Post by Sally in RI »

Info Hound wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:17 am Back to UConn here. This is a pretty amusing commentary from their standpoint, about scheduling UD. Not sure who their former player is, but he hates us! LOL

listen from the 35:44 mark.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/25ppZu ... 00e8854203

I hope it works for you.

Edit:
Here also, is an active thread on their message board:

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn- ... -h.197494/
I would put money on the former player being on the '98 team that Nagy and Conti eviscerated. It was glorious to watch!
Sally in RI
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Sally in RI wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:36 am
I would put money on the former player being on the '98 team that Nagy and Conti eviscerated. It was glorious to watch!
Sally in RI
I am sure you are right about that, Sally. It also sounded like he was not wanted as a recruit by Tubby & CO.

As the saying goes, we have been "living rent free" in this guy's head for at least 26 years. :D

That will be for 2025. For 2024, I want to stack wins and see player development. Lot's of fun ahead. Thanks, Chrissi and Jordan, for moving us forward.
#JUST WIN
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:34 am
Hengrad07 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:53 am

That's exactly what I meant and for the most part, the “OOC” has been slop. CR &/or assansis have probably also voted for the new “slop” entering the CAA. Good Bye, Good Ridence CAA!
what's the point of taking shots at CR? SHE is responsible for the Whitney, new press box, new video boards, and the move to FBS and CUSA. The pool of OOC opponents in the midatlantic FCS is VERY shallow. Yes it has sucked, but in her defense there is not much to work with. and in the end she has brought the football program further than her predecessors. With the deterioration of the CAA, who should she have wanted the conference to add? Again the pool of FCS quality programs in the mid-atlantic shallow. perhaps she voted to add who they added to force the hand of the board that a move was imminently necessary.

The shots at her are grossly undeserved!
I'm not taking shots, just stating facts. Now was the weak OOC schedule done intentionally to get to 7/8 wins & invited into the FCS FB tournament? We fans will never know.

Luckily, it's time to turn the page from the CAA & FCS.

CR is off to a very good start with scheduling OOC for FB in ‘25 & beyond.
#JustWinBaby
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Info Hound wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:58 am
Sally in RI wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:36 am
Sally in RI
I am sure you are right about that, Sally. It also sounded like he was not wanted as a recruit by Tubby & CO.

As the saying goes, we have been "living rent free" in this guy's head for at least 26 years. :D

That will be for 2025. For 2024, I want to stack wins and see player development. Lot's of fun ahead. Thanks, Chrissi and Jordan, for moving us forward.
Pete Calin. Former UConn DB from the mid-late 90’s.

Sounds as though he thinks Tubby lied to/misled him during his recruiting process. Said UConn beat us in their first game but lost the rest of the games during his playing days.

Definitely has a sour taste in his mouth. Clown says all UD fans think we are football royalty and consider ourselves up there with Penn State’s pedigree. 😂
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:38 pm

Definitely has a sour taste in his mouth. Clown says all UD fans think we are football royalty and consider ourselves up there with Penn State’s pedigree. 😂
well, there is a bit of arrogance that comes through on this board with regards to who our peers are etc. that's not made up....
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »

They will be our new Nova moving up. Hopefully will fare better.
The Dude Abides!