UD Softball Stadium Now Has Lights

Discussion of Other Blue Hen Sports and Blue Hen Athletics in General
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Athletics to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill

UD Softball Stadium Now Has Lights

Post by BlueHenBill »

The UD Softball Stadium now has lights, but still a dirt and grass field. I seem to remember reading about this sometime ago but my searches for any articles about this have been fruitless. I also thought that the UD Softball diamond was going to get at least a partially synthetic turf field as well. This past weekend one of the parents of a Fairfield Softball player unsolicited said to me that they were told that UD was supposed to get at least a partial synthetic turf field with the lights but it didn't happen (at least yet) for reasons that they did not know. Anyone here know any info about this that they are able and willing to share?

It is worth noting that the Softball team (pre-season pick to win the CAA) after a 1-3 start has went 9-3 for a current 10-6 record. Of their 6 losses all but Maine were away in NC, FL, and at UVA. Four of the losses (including against Maine which is really the only disappointing loss) were by one run, one was by two runs, and they were shut out 0-5 by UVA (0-5). If you get the chance, you should check out UD Softball action.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Re: UD Softball Stadium Now Has Lights

Post by Henny »

The Softball Stadium is going to get some well deserved upgrades. However, I don’t have details.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D