Transfer Portal Open

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
jd of de

Re: Transfer Portal Open

Post by jd of de »

InvestedHenFan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 pm NFL Draft complete-

3 chosen from CUSA-

I understand the difference between FCS and FBS scholarship levels-

Opinions on if we will see a measurable difference in actual talent in CUSA?
12 FCS players drafted, including 3 from SDSU. Impressive!

If you are good they will find you. The issue for G5 and FCS schools going forward is the kids will hit the portal for their final season, play one year at a P4 and on draft day the G5 or FCS school will barely get a mention.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

jd of de wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am

3 chosen from CUSA-

If you are good they will find you. The issue for G5 and FCS schools going forward is the kids will hit the portal for their final season, play one year at a P4 and on draft day the G5 or FCS school will barely get a mention.
Spot On!
#JustWinBaby
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

jd of de wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am

3 chosen from CUSA-

Only 2 SDSU players. One USD player.

NCAA only mentions 11 FCS players drafted…not including former FCS https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... -nfl-draft

PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL NFL TEAM ROUND (PICK) OVERALL PICK
Kiran Amegadjie OL Yale Chicago Bears 3 (11) 75
Jalyx Hunt Edge Houston Christian Philadelphia Eagles 3 (31) 94
Mason McCormick OL South Dakota State Pittsburgh Steelers 4 (19) 119
Isaiah Davis RB South Dakota State New York Jets 5 (38) 173
Khristian Boyd DT Northern Iowa New Orleans Saints 6 (23) 199
Dylan Laube RB New Hampshire Las Vegas Raiders 6 (32) 208
Ryan Flournoy WR Southeast Missouri State Dallas Cowboys 6 (40) 216
Myles Harden CB South Dakota Cleveland Browns 7 (7) 227
Levi Drake Rodriguez DT Texas A&M-Commerce Minnesota Vikings 7 (12) 232
Josiah Ezirim OL Eastern Kentucky New Orleans Saints 7 (19) 239
C.J. Hanson OL Holy Cross Kansas City Chiefs 7 (28) 248

Sports Illustrated has 13, including two former FCS players that transferred. Former UAlbany EDGE Jared Verse was selected No. 16 overall by the Los Angeles Rams after finishing his college career at Florida State. Then, they also include a former FCS guy at #248.

No. 75: Yale OL Kiran Amegadjie (Bears)
No. 94: Houston Christian EDGE Jalyx Hunt (Eagles)
No. 119: South Dakota State OL Mason McCormick (Steelers)
No. 173: South Dakota State RB Isaiah Davis (Jets)
No. 199: Northern Iowa DL Khristian Boyd (Saints)
No. 208: New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube (Raiders)
No. 216: SEMO WR Ryan Flournoy (Cowboys)
No. 227: South Dakota CB Myles Harden (Browns)
No. 232: Texas A&M-Commerce DT Levi Drake Rodriguez (Vikings)
No. 239: Eastern Kentucky OL Josiah Ezirim (Saints)
No. 248: Holy Cross OL C.J. Hanson (Chiefs)

No. 256: Yale/South Carolina OL Nick Gargiulo (Broncos)

There could be others…not sure how detailed their research was. But, not all non-P5 players transferred, including the Tulane guy the Eagles drafted at 22.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://herosports.com/2024-fcs-undraft ... cker-bzbz/

List of UDFA and mini camp invitations
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
tubby
UD Class: 1972

Post by tubby »

College Atheletic is done. Players who leave every year for money is the end of interest. Women’s basketball because of Clark has gotten interest because the girls stay and you can follow their career. The men leave for more opportunity (not blaming them) and playing time. For us moving up to play teams we played in the past is just dumb. So alum can go to a meaningless bowl game? Don’t care after all the years of Delaware football. Dave, Tubby, and all who created what was a respected (on a lower level) program would be puzzled at what is going on. Done
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

3 chosen from CUSA-

Here is one guys opinion

Overall the talent would have to better in CUSA with those extra 22 scholarships.

Having said that, I don’t think the bottom half of CUSA is really better than the top four or five teams in the CAA. The problem with the CAA is what comes after the top handful of teams. The CUSA bottom dwellers are obviously so much better than the Stony Brooks and the traffic on the way out to the Hamptons and the Shitz Creek Camels where we watched the game from a Blimps eye view

I watched FIU really struggle with a crappy but scrappy Bryant team back in 2022, same with a bad Maine team last year. Honestly, I was surprised an FBS team could be that bad. Miami would be a great opportunity to score a road win

I saw a bit of Liberty last year as well, and I think they would have won the CAA hands down without much of a challenge. Didn’t see W Kentucky but I’m sure they would win the CAA as well
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

topstraight
UD Class: 1909

Post by topstraight »

Totally Disagree. Yes FIU has been the worst team in CUSA lately. In 2022 WKU beat them 73-0.Yes 73-0.

The bottom half of CUSA is still better than 80% of FCS teams.

Some lower CUSA team results in 2023:

SHSU-- 7th Place-- Lost at BYU by 14, at Air Force by ten, by 7 in OT to Bowl winner Jax St., by 5 to NY6 Bowl participant Liberty and beat La Tech and MT who finished above them in the standings.

FIU--9th Place (Last in CUSA)--Defeated AAC member North Texas by 7; Won At UCONN by 7; and beat SHSU.

In 2022: LAST Place (11th) team La Tech beat Boise State 27-10. When is the last time a CAA team did something like that?

Is CUSA a "juggernaut" from teams one thru nine? NO. But as you can see--even the VERY worst teams in the league had some pretty good results.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

topstraight wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 pm Totally Disagree. Yes FIU has been the worst team in CUSA lately. In 2022 WKU beat them 73-0.Yes 73-0.

Without question. People making those sort of comments have clearly not watched a lot of G5 football or don't understand how numbers work. The elevated level of play for UD from top to bottom and from week to week in '25 will be a surprising wake-up call to the uninitiated.

Hopefully, our staff is doing everything they can to get up to speed for '25. I think many of us realize it's going to be a steep competitive climb to compete for conference championships. Patience will be a virtue.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

topstraight wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 pm Totally Disagree. Yes FIU has been the worst team in CUSA lately. In 2022 WKU beat them 73-0.Yes 73-0.

SHSU-- 7th Place-- Lost at BYU by 14, at Air Force by ten, by 7 in OT to Bowl winner Jax St., by 5 to NY6 Bowl participant Liberty and beat La Tech and MT who finished above them in the standings.

FIU--9th Place (Last in CUSA)--Defeated AAC member North Texas by 7; Won At UCONN by 7; and beat SHSU.

In 2022: LAST Place (11th) team La Tech beat Boise State 27-10. When is the last time a CAA team did something like that?

Is CUSA a "juggernaut" from teams one thru nine? NO. But as you can see--even the VERY worst teams in the league had some pretty good results.
Hey TS,

What was it in particular about my post that you totally disagree with?

I read your post and think we’re closer than you might think.

I didn’t mention all of FCS, my comment was about the top handful of teams in the CAA being just as good as the bottom handful of teams in CUSA…. It’s not really a controversial opinion outside of gohens

Remember, you have several people on here full of hubris who haven’t watched a CAA, or FCS game for that matter, that Delaware wasn’t involved for probably five maybe 10 years or longer.

topstraight
UD Class: 1909

Post by topstraight »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:13 am

Hey TS,

What was it in particular about my post that you totally disagree with?

I read your post and think we’re closer than you might think.

I didn’t mention all of FCS, my comment was about the top handful of teams in the CAA being just as good as the bottom handful of teams in CUSA…. It’s not really a controversial opinion outside of gohens

Remember, you have several people on here full of hubris who haven’t watched a CAA, or FCS game for that matter, that Delaware wasn’t involved for probably five maybe 10 years or longer.
Fair enough. Go Hens!!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:36 am

Without question. People making those sort of comments have clearly not watched a lot of G5 football or don't understand how numbers work. The elevated level of play for UD from top to bottom and from week to week in '25 will be a surprising wake-up call to the uninitiated.
:lol: CH has crossed the equator
F38F522A-1677-4086-95F0-F849E59811A9.jpeg
F38F522A-1677-4086-95F0-F849E59811A9.jpeg (424.38 KiB) Viewed 456 times
Uninitiated
“without special knowledge or experience”

Wrong…. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back Caribbean ….

Originally Posted by MTfan4life View Post
And we have a winner. Caribbeanhen, (representing the state of Delaware and the Bethel Road) with the basically wire to wire win this season! Not even the last week 50 pick fest could take him down! Well done, Mr. Hen

1 Caribbeanhen 245 20.4
2 JacksFan40 240 20.0
3 grizband 239 19.9
4 ElCid 234 19.5
5 FUBeAR 232 19.3
5 mvemjsunpx 232 19.3
7 bonarae 231 19.3
8 MSUBobcat 229 19.1
9 Bisonator 226 18.8
9 Wapiti 226 18.8
11 Crusader11 225 18.8
11 Go Lehigh TU owl 225 18.8
13 Chalupa Batman 221 18.4
13 POD Knows 221 18.4
15 Carolina010 220 18.3
15 MTfan4life 220 18.3
17 atthewbon 218 18.2
17 MR. CHICKEN 218 18.2
17 The Cats 218 18.2
20 RahRahRabbits 217 19.7
21 KPSUL 211 19.2
22 Puddin Tane 210 17.5
22 Roamingriz 210 17.5
24 Fcsbuff319 209 17.4
25 ncspiderfan 208 17.3
26 JALMOND 202 16.8
27 centraljerseycat 201 16.8
28 McNeese75 197 16.4
29 Catbooster 195 17.7
30 uofmman1122 168 16.8
31 dewey 119 17.0

Sorry counselor but your last post was so full of it I had to reply in kind … I’m a lot of things and not all of them are good, but I am definitely not “uninitiated”

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Attachments
IMG_2668.jpeg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 430 times
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Mr. Islander, your last missive had me thinking of the late, great Harold R's repeated comment he'd make on his old Channel 2 TV orogram whenever a player expressed a bit of overexuberance at his performance: "Well, that young man is certainly very proud of himself. Give mom a wave."

Tubby just had a way of pointing out the obvious ridiculousness of it all.

Enjoy. Don't take yourself so seriously, friend.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:33 pm Mr. Islander, your last missive had me thinking of the late, great Harold R's repeated comment he'd make on his old Channel 2 TV orogram whenever a player expressed a bit of overexuberance at his performance: "Well, that young man is certainly very proud of himself. Give mom a wave."

Tubby just had a way of pointing out the obvious ridiculousness of it all.

Enjoy. Don't take yourself so seriously, friend.
Me serious?

No, I just checked in here 19 years ago to try to catch up with the Hens, offer up some free entertainment and pan for some laughs. But something incredible happened … I ended up being the one who was entertained, and definitely educated by some of the best Delaware Blue Hen fans in history. It’s hard to put into words how many super human beings I have somehow been able to associate myself with just by coming on here and being a clown….. several of them have already passed, but I will never forget them.

As for you Goldy Blue, I actually like you and learn by reading your posts. You can call me every name in the book but just don’t call a square knot sailor “uninitiated”
because I have been initiated for crossing the Antarctic circle, the Arctic Circle, the international date line, the golden shell back ceremony, as well as the equator and the best thing about it was, I didn’t have to play poker, get a tattoo or join the Navy to do it.
:D

Ok, Ryan Carty .. please consider becoming a true head coach and getting yourself and offensive coordinator
Attachments
Seriously
Seriously
7971DCBD-BEEB-4903-B1FC-6377F646FE85.png (9.68 KiB) Viewed 235 times