CAA Tournament Field

Discussion of Men's & Women's Lacrosse.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Lacrosse to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
dchen
UD Class: 1972

CAA Tournament Field

Post by dchen »

It will be Delaware and Fairfield in the 2-3 matchup. The 4th seed will be decided today in the Hofstra Stony Brook game. The winner will tie Drexel with a 3-4 conference record. Drexel has a win and therefore the tiebreaker over Hofstra but lost to Stony so the 4th seed will be either Drexel or Stony and will face top seed Towson. Towson beat Stony 9-8 and Drexel 16 - 11 this year. This analysis assumes that I am reading the standings correctly and am right that the first tiebreaker is head to head results.
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Re: CAA Tournament Field

Post by dchen »

dchen wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 am It will be Delaware and Fairfield in the 2-3 matchup. The 4th seed will be decided today in the Hofstra Stony Brook game. The winner will tie Drexel with a 3-4 conference record. Drexel has a win and therefore the tiebreaker over Hofstra but lost to Stony so the 4th seed will be either Drexel or Stony and will face top seed Towson. Towson beat Stony 9-8 and Drexel 16 - 11 this year. This analysis assumes that I am reading the standings correctly and am right that the first tiebreaker is head to head results.
Drexel wins the 4th seed as Hofstra beat Stony but Drexel had the tiebreaker.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

I know, first things first and we have to win the tourney. But, if we do win, that loss yesterday likely assures the Hens get a PIG if we do win and get in the dance.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

77HEN wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm I know, first things first and we have to win the tourney. But, if we do win, that loss yesterday likely assures the Hens get a PIG if we do win and get in the dance.
PIG at home are +

Again, getting ahead of ourselves.
#JUST WIN
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Info Hound wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm
77HEN wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm I know, first things first and we have to win the tourney. But, if we do win, that loss yesterday likely assures the Hens get a PIG if we do win and get in the dance.
PIG at home are +

Again, getting ahead of ourselves.
I’m holding Wed, May 8th open…just in case. :D
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!