I’m awake - UD to CUSA

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
topstraight
UD Class: 1909

Re: I’m awake - UD to CUSA

Post by topstraight »

Another CUSA Highlight:

WKU was One of only Nine FBS teams to Win their Bowl game AND receive an NCAA Tournament Bid this season--the ONLY "G5" to do so.

And---YES--- WKU IS Staying in CUSA. :D
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

topstraight wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 amOnly THREE this year. But take into consideration--we Only have Nine teams.
I'd bet most Delaware fans care far less about the number of players drafted versus out of the subdivision vs. the quality and number of players UD will be able to attract at the FBS level. While it's always nice promo for the Hens whenever one of our players excels in the NFL, it's far more important to be in a position to land talented players who can help win games now. We've certainly elevated our chances with reclassification. It's not even a logical argument to make to the contrary.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

topstraight wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm
topstraight wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 pm Just a post to highlight some Wins.

2021- JAX St. 20 Florida St. 17

2022- MTSU 45 #25 Miami 31, Liberty 21 Arkansas 19, UTEP 27 Boise St. 10

2023- NMSU 31 Auburn 10

Of course all these CUSA Wins by five different current schools were on the Road except the UTEP game.
TS,

How many CUSA players got drafted?
Only THREE this year. But take into consideration--we Only have Nine teams.

[AAC-14, SBC-14, MAC-12, MW-12]

First pick of Third round was WKU's Malachi Corley. CUSA also had picks in the Fourth and Sixth rounds.

Have Ten Undrafted Free Agents sign deals so far.

Three so far have minicamp invitations--with more expected.
I was just curious and could of just googled it but good posters always add some extra tidbits that you don’t get on Google

So thanks
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

mpwerrell wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 pm

2023- NMSU 31 Auburn 10

Of course all these CUSA Wins by five different current schools were on the Road except the UTEP game.
TS,

How many CAA players got drafted?
Only one, the guy that took a kick off to the house against us but was shut down trying to run ball …. Safe to say he’ll give it a go as a return man in NFL

6th Round
New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube (Raiders)
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

2023- NMSU 31 Auburn 10

All very impressive wins.

UD isn't going to be winning the championship of FBS football, but we will have a shot at making the playoffs as one of the G5 invites...and/or pulling off an upset of one of the Big Boy teams either during the first round or during the regular season.

In any case, I am happy we are leaving the CAA...it is a shell of what it once was.

Win a bunch of games during our farewell tour this Fall and then let's get UD back into the national football conversation in 2025.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:23 am
mpwerrell wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 pm

TS,

How many CAA players got drafted?
Only one, the guy that took a kick off to the house against us but was shut down trying to run ball …. Safe to say he’ll give it a go as a return man in NFL

6th Round
New Hampshire RB Dylan Laube (Raiders)
Thanks!
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:37 am
topstraight wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 amOnly THREE this year. But take into consideration--we Only have Nine teams.
I'd bet most Delaware fans care far less about the number of players drafted versus out of the subdivision vs. the quality and number of players UD will be able to attract at the FBS level. While it's always nice promo for the Hens whenever one of our players excels in the NFL, it's far more important to be in a position to land talented players who can help win games now. We've certainly elevated our chances with reclassification. It's not even a logical argument to make to the contrary.
+1
topstraight

Post by topstraight »

Just for Comparison NFL Draft

SBC (14 schools)--6

AAC (14)-- 5

CUSA (9)-- 3

MW (12)-- 2

MAC (12)-- 2
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

topstraight wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 am
Conjecture, or fact?

It would be fun to play the Hilltoppers again.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

topstraight

Post by topstraight »

Cluck U wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm
Conjecture, or fact?

FACT! 8) :D

Today was the last day/deadline for WKU to give 14 months required notice of a move without Humongous EXTRA penalties in Addition to the 2.4M GOR penalty and Two years worth of CUSA disbursements.

In addition sources from several different people in the know in Bowling Green have said they have been told WKU is not going anywhere.

Multiple sources--ALL--in agreement. That does not even take into account the sources I have--which are from a completely different origin.

Have also been told that the Missouri State addition (90%+ probable) coming in May is somewhat related to WKU remaining.

Can give more detail once that occurs.

I will note, however, that even Matt Brown reported that CUSA/member officials were not going to add anyone Until they had assurances about WKU's future.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

topstraight wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:06 pm
Have also been told that the Missouri State addition (90%+ probable) coming in May is somewhat related to WKU remaining.

I will note, however, that even Matt Brown reported that CUSA/member officials were not going to add anyone Until they had assurances about WKU's future.
My single source says the Missouri State move to CUSA is still on as well.
topstraight

Post by topstraight »

jd of de wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:19 pm

My single source says the Missouri State move to CUSA is still on as well.

Thank You. GREAT to have the additional confirmation!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Conjecture, or fact?

Today was the last day/deadline for WKU to give 14 months required notice of a move without Humongous EXTRA penalties in Addition to the 2.4M GOR penalty and Two years worth of CUSA disbursements.

In addition sources from several different people in the know in Bowling Green have said they have been told WKU is not going anywhere.

Multiple sources--ALL--in agreement. That does not even take into account the sources I have--which are from a completely different origin.

Thanks for the info. :D

Thankful you've been posting on our board...always good to hear from different sources and perspectives. Hope you are able to make it to the Tub for a game sometime soon. First beer is on me.

topstraight

Post by topstraight »

Cluck U wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:29 pm

Conjecture, or fact?

Thanks for the info. :D

Thankful you've been posting on our board...always good to hear from different sources and perspectives. Hope you are able to make it to the Tub for a game sometime soon. First beer is on me.
Thanks!
Baldspot

Post by Baldspot »

Hoping Topstraight makes it to UD as well. For my fellow CUSA lurkers, Delaware is an excellent destination site to mix a game at UD with area attractions - Baltimore Inner Harbor, DC, Philly Constitution Center, Dover NASCAR, beaches in Sept etc.