Transfer Portal Watch

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Re: Transfer Portal Watch

Post by VIKING '87 »

Thanks for the views. Thought he would have ended up at a bigger football school. I do wish him the best.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:57 am
tenn hen wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 amgood luck to Noah... Apparently FBS has a better allure for him...

[UConn's] status as an independent FBS team is what I suggested we follow. I still maintain it is the best possible move available for UD if we want to upgrade...
Clearly, UConn's positive trajectory and, like it or not, their higher profile was no doubt the allure. I'd be surprised if Noah wasn't playing on Sunday's in a couple years.

FBS independence for UD would not likely impact CAA membership in other sports and would appear to be the least disruptive path forward. For those writing off independent status, a reminder that the Blue Hens were a college football independent from 1970-1985 - the most successful period in program history.
Uconn was much improved last season with some decent wins and made a bowl game. The schedule they have as an independent next season looks pretty exciting for an independent and all of the games except Tennessee should be competitive. I like how they have JMU and UMass on the schedule. Those are schools we should be competitive with if we move up to FBS. Right now Uconn is definitely a step up from UD. Hope Noah has a great season. If we move up to FBS, wouldn't be surprised if we started scheduling Uconn and Umass yearly if we end up in a conference with them or are independent.

Sat, Sep 2
vs
NC State

Sat, Sep 9
@
Georgia State

Sat, Sep 16
vs
Florida International

Sat, Sep 23
vs
Duke

Sat, Sep 30
vs
Utah State

Sat, Oct 7
@
Rice

Sat, Oct 21
vs
South Florida

Sat, Oct 28
@
Boston College

Sat, Nov 4
@
Tennessee

Sat, Nov 11
@
James Madison

Sat, Nov 18
vs
Sacred Heart

Sat, Nov 25
@
UMass
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Noah also visited East Carolina & Liberty. According to his Twitter, he was also offered by Boston College. Wish him well.
#JustWinBaby
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

That schedule involves a bit of travel…even more so if they have to return the visits (Florida twice, North Carolina twice, Utah) next year.

And, the home slate last three games features the powerful Utah State Unknowns on 9/30, the fearsome South Florida Whoevers on Oct 21 and the Blessed Sacred Heart D2ers on Nov 18.

Yup, home games with NC State, Florida International (who?) and Duke…and then that mouth watering match up with Utah St on the last day of September, then you might as well start prepping for basketball season.

Not sure that is a much better home schedule than our version.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UConn football Yawn 🥱
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:15 am UConn football Yawn 🥱
Rather have St. Francis, Del St and Albany??? Come on Caribb, be real

Mora Jr. should have have gotten some National COY votes.

Took their lumps for sure, but may have hit a home run here. Plus someone may be enrolled there next fall working on their Masters
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

I would take UConn’s list of opponents over ours any season. If you call Sacred Heart D2, then………….
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UDPat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:20 am

Took their lumps for sure, but may have hit a home run here. Plus someone may be enrolled there next fall working on their Masters

If you can get UConn on Hens schedule UDPat, I’m all in. It would be more interesting to me then our FBS game next season because we could actually compete with UConn... maybe young Pat can work it for some extra credits... Congratulations to him!
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:33 am

If you can get UConn on Hens schedule UDPat, I’m all in. It would be more interesting to me then our FBS game next season because we could actually compete with UConn... maybe young Pat can work it for some extra credits... Congratulations to him!

UD's schedule is a joke compared to UConn's. I'd take it 100x out of 100.
Housthen18
UD Class: 2018

Post by Housthen18 »

It is not even arguable that UConn's schedule is better than ours. I'd be ecstatic to see UD play those teams.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

77HEN wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:21 am I would take UConn’s list of opponents over ours any season. If you call Sacred Heart D2, then………….
Sure...our home schedule sucks. But theirs...for an FBS team?

Utah State? They lost to Weber State (yes, FCS Weber State) 35-7 this past Fall. That isn't a typo...and Utah State's only score was a 100-yard KO return.

Florida International? They lost to Bryant (yes, FCS Bryant) this past Fall.

South Florida? 1-11...and the only victory was over Howard.

Sacred Heart? D2 joke aside...we've hosted them, they are an FCS team...so it isn't a step up.

So, those 4 teams aren't much of an upgrade from our home schedule.

Duke? Yup. They just had their best team in years...but the name is generally associated with basketball and in most years they would not be a very good football opponent (yet still better than our Dukes from Duquesne).

NC State? Yup. Again...certainly an upgrade to our schedule.

So yes, UConn's home schedule is a bit better than ours...but going through the entirety of October and November with only Sacred Heart and South Florida coming into the Tub would be disappointing.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
GhostOfThePeeWall

Post by GhostOfThePeeWall »

????
They went 6-7 with wins over:
Central Connecticut (2-9, FCS basement dweller)
Fresno State (10-4, an actual solid win for the Huskies)
FIU (4-8)
Boston College (3-9)
UMass (1-11)
Liberty (8-5 with an FBS schedule softer than Charmin)

UConn has been absolutely terrible since jumping to FBS. They can be used as an example of how not to transition from FCS to FBS. They had to pay 17 million to get out of the AAC because they were hemorrhaging money and losing while doing it! They finished the season a game below .500 and they should be considered a legitimate program now?

Of course they have a more attractive schedule than UD, they’re an FBS school! They have a better looking schedule than NDSU and SDSU too, that doesn’t make them any better. Rutgers has a really cool looking schedule, it’s a shame the rest of the B1G kicks their teeth in every week (At least they were smart enough to get in on that B1G $$$$$).

Mora is bringing in talented transfer players (like Plack) so that he can make a quick splash and get a job offer somewhere far away from the college football purgatory that is UConn.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

GhostOfThePeeWall wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:36 am

????
They went 6-7 with wins over:
Central Connecticut (2-9, FCS basement dweller)
Fresno State (10-4, an actual solid win for the Huskies)
FIU (4-8)
Boston College (3-9)
UMass (1-11)
Liberty (8-5 with an FBS schedule softer than Charmin)

UConn has been absolutely terrible since jumping to FBS. They can be used as an example of how not to transition from FCS to FBS. They had to pay 17 million to get out of the AAC because they were hemorrhaging money and losing while doing it! They finished the season a game below .500 and they should be considered a legitimate program now?

Of course they have a more attractive schedule than UD, they’re an FBS school! They have a better looking schedule than NDSU and SDSU too, that doesn’t make them any better. Rutgers has a really cool looking schedule, it’s a shame the rest of the B1G kicks their teeth in every week (At least they were smart enough to get in on that B1G $$$$$).

Mora is bringing in talented transfer players (like Plack) so that he can make a quick splash and get a job offer somewhere far away from the college football purgatory that is UConn.
It was 10 years ago or so, but they did play in a major bowl game??? Yes they have been terrible, 6-6 regular season with a bowl loss was a major accomplishment for them this year and trending up?

I support whatever it takes you guys to feel good about UD football. I really haven't for a while.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

UCONN played in the Fiesta Bowl one year. They got off to a pretty good start in FBS and then could not sustain it. It looks like they are making progress in making their way back. Their season last year would beat UD’s by a mile in most folks view except die hard FCSers. I doubt there are many UCONN, or Rutgers fans since they were brought up too, that would trade places with UD as long as UD is FCS.
J1705
UD Class: 2005

Post by J1705 »

Hens79 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:26 pm UCONN played in the Fiesta Bowl one year. They got off to a pretty good start in FBS and then could not sustain it. It looks like they are making progress in making their way back. Their season last year would beat UD’s by a mile in most folks view except die hard FCSers. I doubt there are many UCONN, or Rutgers fans since they were brought up too, that would trade places with UD as long as UD is FCS.
I’m jealous of their schedule and vision to improve. I hope that UD has such a vision. Where we are now is pretty lackluster.