Andrew Carr

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Re: Andrew Carr

Post by Hengrad07 »

gonzo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:47 pm Does Delaware athletics do anything with NIL deals?

If you go to the Wake Forest website and look at Andrew Carr's page they are promoting his Instagram, Twitter, and links to https://opendorse.com/profile/andrew-carr

The business of college basketball has changed and Delaware needs to adapt. Playing time, and facilities will only go so far.
Some of the boards “high rollers” should set up the non-profit organization & start soliciting donations! 😎
#JustWinBaby
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

I noticed Carr's name and decided to see the box scores for WF's recent games. Duke was a nice night and Rutgers wasn't.
Watching him on court in a brief video was :(

He looked more mature and stronger. Considering our weakness inside this season, I'll refrain from viewing him play till the Big Dance. Then I'll want to see him shine!!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

tenn hen wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:05 am I noticed Carr's name and decided to see the box scores for WF's recent games. Duke was a nice night and Rutgers wasn't.
Watching him on court in a brief video was :(

He looked more mature and stronger. Considering our weakness inside this season, I'll refrain from viewing him play till the Big Dance. Then I'll want to see him shine!!
Wake vs VT on 12/31-should be fun to watch 😎
#JustWinBaby
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

gonzo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:47 pm Does Delaware athletics do anything with NIL deals?
https://www.inflcr.com/2022/12/05/delaw ... -exchange/
University of Delaware Athletics, Community, and Campus Recreation and INFLCR have expanded their partnership to introduce the Blue Hen Exchange – a cutting-edge software that further elevates Delaware Athletics in its support of its student-athletes as they pursue Name, Image & Likeness (NIL) business opportunities on the local and national scale.
The INFLCR+ Local Exchange platform for Delaware will provide student-athletes with a free and easy-to-use forum where they can interact with businesses, donors, alumni, and collectives to construct and fulfill NIL opportunities.
In addition to its simple and effective approach, the platform will build on the foundation of Delaware’s BLUE Program, which educates student-athletes on NIL policies, financial literacy, and brand building. INFLCR will assist in providing research and tracking the student-athletes social media growth and engagement.
There's a lot happening.
Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
Housthen18
UD Class: 2018

Post by Housthen18 »

Having attended both UD and Wake Forest (though I wasn’t an undergraduate at the latter), I don’t think they’re the same.

UD is definitely respectable academically, and I think it is an experience where your education is what you make it. If you want to coast you can coast, and if you want to challenge yourself and dive into more rigorous intellectual pursuits you can do so. But there are a lot of people doing the former (including myself at times), and a lot of incentive to do so because of the party culture. Also remember that professors at any school often have to teach to the level of the students. I took some liberal arts classes at UD where certain students were not the most sophisticated and as a result the courses were not the most rigorous or enlightening. I’m sure engineering and similar programs were quite difficult at UD, but that wasn’t my field.

Wake is academically elite, smaller, and has a party scene, but a comparatively subdued one. And as Bill noted, it has no mandate to admit in-state students with lower grades. This means you have smaller classes full of students who were all at the top of their high schools, and less incentive to avoid difficult schoolwork. The median undergrad I met was probably a little more sophisticated from the jump, allowing teachers to “teach up” to the student.

Just my 2 cents.
DaveB
UD Class: 1993

Post by DaveB »

Carr and Mutts went head to head today with Wake winning over Vtech.

Mutts with 18 pts, 11 boards, 5 assist and 3 blocks
Carr with 14 pts and 7 boards
hoopster

Post by hoopster »

Imagine still having Carr and Mutts on our front line! We would be unbeatable!
GO BIG BLUE!
J1705
UD Class: 2005

Post by J1705 »

hoopster wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:11 pm Imagine still having Carr and Mutts on our front line! We would be unbeatable!
Does anyone think that Martin would try to dart for greener pastures if offered? I mean seems like we can not keep recruited talent here. He was able to recruit them but could not retain them. I think that will
Continue to be a problem going forward. Either find average and build them up slowly so they don’t dart after a year or pray someone doesn’t want to leave either way I see it being tough to keep talent here for whatever the reason. I hate to sound like this but I almost don’t care how well they are doing there they had no loyalty and I feel like the screwed MI especially Carr
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

J1705 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:52 pm
hoopster wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:11 pm Imagine still having Carr and Mutts on our front line! We would be unbeatable!
Does anyone think that Martin would try to dart for greener pastures if offered? I mean seems like we can not keep recruited talent here. He was able to recruit them but could not retain them. I think that will
Continue to be a problem going forward. Either find average and build them up slowly so they don’t dart after a year or pray someone doesn’t want to leave either way I see it being tough to keep talent here for whatever the reason. I hate to sound like this but I almost don’t care how well they are doing there they had no loyalty and I feel like the screwed MI especially Carr
You have to have a place to go. 7 seasons in and MI is just slightly over .500 as a head coach, and he actually has a losing conference record. He has to build a consistent winner at this level before he can move on to a bigger program.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

He already has 1 NCAA appearance. 1 more and he will be in demand even if his Conf record is .500 or below. Look at Kevin Williard…perhaps an outlier but .500 in MAAC Play for 3 seasons at Iona and off to Seton Hall, now at MD.

At the very least I can see him at St Joes or even Tenple due to the Philly ties
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Former BlueHen Guard Ithiel Horton had 30 pts for UCF in a 107-104 win over Memphis last night. He looked good.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Carr had 22 pts, 4 boards, 3 steals and 2 blocks in Wakes win against Florida St last night. Wake currently is T2 in the ACC at 4-2.

Carr is avg 11.5 pts and 5.3 boards for ACC Wake
Mutts is avg 13.6 pts, 7.9 boards, 4 assist for ACC VTech
Horton is avg 12.2 pts, 3.9 boards for AAC UCF.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

ACC POW for Mr. Carr
hoopster

Post by hoopster »

Please lock this thread. I’m getting more and more depressed whenever I read it. :D
GO BIG BLUE!
UDJoe

Post by UDJoe »

[quote=hoopster post_id=421397 time=1673932982 user_id=7145]
Please lock this thread. I’m getting more and more depressed whenever I read it. :D
[/quote]

I feel your pain. I remember that, in the beginning of the 21-22 season, I would cringe every time Carr got the ball in the high post and would try to make a move with a dribble. Opposing guards would easily swipe the ball away from him. He improved on that as the season progressed (helped, no doubt, by some good coaching by MI's staff) and was a much better player as the playoffs rolled around.

When I first heard about his transfer, I questioned whether he was physically built to be in the ACC. Looking at him now, he appears much heavier and stronger. As much as I wish he was still at UD, it looks like he made a good decision to challenge himself to play at a higher level. Still, "what might have been" keeps running through my mind.

The lesson for UD: one cannot assume that we can recruit outstanding freshmen and that they develop their skills and stay for four years. Those who develop nicely will be poached by other leagues. Those who don't will sit on the bench for four years, while getting a free ride. So, find proven players in the portal (like MI has done with 4 of his starters this year) and build the team that way. It's still somewhat of a hit-or-miss proposition, but honestly may be the only card we can play. Go Hens.