FCS vs. FBS according to Sanders

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Re: FCS vs. FBS according to Sanders

Post by beancounter »

[/quote]
....... Is it just hopes and dreams to think they might be working on things behind the scenes that we just don’t know about?
[/quote]

Spoke to someone very high up in UD hierarchy on Saturday & that person indicated exactly that.
Proud to be a f@&king Blue Hen!
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

beancounter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:02 pm
....... Is it just hopes and dreams to think they might be working on things behind the scenes that we just don’t know about?
Spoke to someone very high up in UD hierarchy on Saturday & that person indicated exactly that.
Exactly what? Hopes and dreams or behind the scenes?
Last edited by Attila the Hen on Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:41 pmYou obviously have a tremendous amount of knowledge on this whole subject, way more than I will ever have. Something keeps telling me that once this finally shakes out were all gonna be very surprised and in a good way. Is it just hopes and dreams to think they might be working on things behind the scenes that we just don’t know about?
Appreciate the kind words, but I don't know any more than the next guy. I just read up and keep my ears open, and have the advantage of good health and following Hen ball for more than six decades.

I'm with ya, brother. Here's hoping the bigs are close to getting our beloved Hens into a better situation.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:43 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:41 pmYou obviously have a tremendous amount of knowledge on this whole subject, way more than I will ever have. Something keeps telling me that once this finally shakes out were all gonna be very surprised and in a good way. Is it just hopes and dreams to think they might be working on things behind the scenes that we just don’t know about?
Appreciate the kind words, but I don't know any more than the next guy. I just read up and keep my ears open, and have the advantage of good health and following Hen ball for more than six decades.

I'm with ya, brother. Here's hoping the bigs are close to getting our beloved Hens into a better situation.
Keep it coming B&G. Enjoy your perspectives on this subject and others.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Hadn't planned on commenting on football since I don't find the competition outside of PSU worth the words, but...

With this FBS/FCS discussion continuing to state the same arguments, I thought I might just check out out a school which is brought up quite frequently-Connecticut- usually like UMASS since they jumped up and we remained. I was already aware they hired the experienced Jim Mora a few years ago- an acceptable choice for reasonable improvement after a few down years. I knew they were able to qualify(6-6) for a bowl(Myrtle Beach) last year and are now 1-5-ugh -though they have been produced respectable scores. I looked at their schedule- I was shocked at the quality teams. NICE- I'd take it in a New York minute. Look it up. We'd pack an SRO Delaware Stadium with that schedule and students would come line up to get in .

the 22 schollie argument for depth and greater talent is valid and I've pushed this since my first post on this subject. The #'s would make a significant difference. Conclusion- FBS IND with the right team would be in our better interests. A good legal team would get us the 5 million waived. UD could pull this off and leave the future open when we have earned it.

with the status quo, we're doomed for oblivion in the sadly diminshing CAA :oops:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:50 pm Hadn't planned on commenting on football since I don't find the competition outside of PSU worth the words, but...

With this FBS/FCS discussion continuing to state the same arguments, I thought I might just check out out a school which is brought up quite frequently-Connecticut- usually like UMASS since they jumped up and we remained. I was already aware they hired the experienced Jim Mora a few years ago- an acceptable choice for reasonable improvement after a few down years. I knew they were able to qualify(6-6) for a bowl(Myrtle Beach) last year and are now 1-5-ugh -though they have been produced respectable scores. I looked at their schedule- I was shocked at the quality teams. NICE- I'd take it in a New York minute. Look it up. We'd pack an SRO Delaware Stadium with that schedule and students would come line up to get in .

the 22 schollie argument for depth and greater talent is valid and I've pushed this since my first post on this subject. The #'s would make a significant difference. Conclusion- FBS IND with the right team would be in our better interests. A good legal team would get us the 5 million waived. UD could pull this off and leave the future open when we have earned it.

with the status quo, we're doomed for oblivion in the sadly diminshing CAA :oops:
UD would “pack them in” for a 2-10 or 3-9 team? That’s would UConn will be. Will people be more likely to watch UD play better teams yet suffer with the W’s and L’s?
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Big R
UD Class: 1975

Post by Big R »

Attila the Hen wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:15 pm
I have the same question as ATH. What did the person in the UD hierarchy indicate?
Mickey to Rocky about SPEED - https://youtu.be/N0GdQyIm7DU
Steve1981
UD Class: 1981

Post by Steve1981 »

Fans enjoy a winning. Don't over schedule and kill the program attendance. UConn was power 5 and they believe they are still P4, hence their scheduling. It might work for them but would not take it to the bank as the model to follow. Stay the course, improve and when you move, schedule reasonably. You will be offered all kinds of body bag games, nibble, don't take a whole chunk.
beancounter

Post by beancounter »

Working behind the scenes on lots of things that can't be made public at this point.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

beancounter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:07 pm

Working behind the scenes on lots of things that can't be made public at this point.
Tell us when you can!!!!
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

I’ll be shocked if their are any leaks. Whatever discussions are taking place, internally or externally, Chrissi has the lid on tight.

I’ll enjoy the ride we are on and wait until June.
beancounter

Post by beancounter »

jd of de wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:23 pm I’ll be shocked if their are any leaks. Whatever discussions are taking place, internally or externally, Chrissi has the lid on tight.

This!
Delawareparent
UD Class: 2000

Post by Delawareparent »

beancounter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 pm
jd of de wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:23 pm I’ll be shocked if their are any leaks. Whatever discussions are taking place, internally or externally, Chrissi has the lid on tight.

This!
What is happening in June ?
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Delawareparent wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:37 pm
beancounter wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 pm

This!
What is happening in June ?
If there is any official announcements of UD leaving the CAA it won’t happen before then. JMU announced their departure long before then and their winter and spring sports teams were not eligible to compete for CAA championships. Chrissi won’t do that to those student-athletes like JMU did.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

jd of de wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:01 pmIf there is any official announcements of UD leaving the CAA it won’t happen before then. JMU announced their departure long before then and their winter and spring sports teams were not eligible to compete for CAA championships. Chrissi won’t do that to those student-athletes like JMU did.
In fairness, JMU made the decision when they did because that's when the offer was available from the Sun Belt. Had they waited, they might not have gotten the SBC offer and could still be competing in the CAA. Any school would be positively foolish to not make the same move, regardless of whether or not have to surrender Olympic sports championships for a season.

Incidentally, I don't think we've mentioned it here before, but UD will have to pony up $1M to leave the CAA regardless of when they announce their departure.