Game Thread: Penn State

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Re: Game Thread: Penn State

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Penn State might put up 70 today.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

PSU beat Idaho 79-7 in 2019 season opener, for reference.
rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy »

BlueHenBobby wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:26 pm
72 Hen wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:14 pm Let's see Penn State rated #7 FBS team in the country. Number 7 power rakning in FBS. Two players projected to be first round draft choices. A 5 star rated QB.

Tres reported we are getting $400,000 to play Penn State. Maybe this humiliation would be worth it if was for 1 Mil.
I believe Franklin wants a 70-7 finish here. I know people on the board will jump on me, but this is a game that should never have happened. I understand it can be a selling point to recruits and transfers, but I'm not so sure a blow-out will be a great selling point. Want to schedule a FBS team- stay away from P5 teams or at least the top tier teams in those conferences. Look what Rutgers did to us. Stick with FBS teams we can compete with on the field. I can't wait for this game to be over. Hopefully no injuries. There will be few positives coming out of this game. Franklin finishes it 70-7 he is a p**ck.
This
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Post by UDFootballFan »

Why aren’t we using a spy on Pribula? Or sending the house almost every play or at least on first n second down
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

nice tip of the pass by Mulumba 8)
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Post by UDFootballFan »

Terrible decision by Marker lead to the pick 6
Last edited by UDFootballFan on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

$400K would be less than DelState received for recent slaughters at Michigan and Florida State (both over $500K if memory serves).

Army up 36-0 in late 3Q over Hornets.
cougarpines1
UD Class: 0

Post by cougarpines1 »

BlueHenBobby wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:26 pm
72 Hen wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:14 pm Let's see Penn State rated #7 FBS team in the country. Number 7 power rakning in FBS. Two players projected to be first round draft choices. A 5 star rated QB.

Tres reported we are getting $400,000 to play Penn State. Maybe this humiliation would be worth it if was for 1 Mil.
I believe Franklin wants a 70-7 finish here. I know people on the board will jump on me, but this is a game that should never have happened. I understand it can be a selling point to recruits and transfers, but I'm not so sure a blow-out will be a great selling point. Want to schedule a FBS team- stay away from P5 teams or at least the top tier teams in those conferences. Look what Rutgers did to us. Stick with FBS teams we can compete with on the field. I can't wait for this game to be over. Hopefully no injuries. There will be few positives coming out of this game. Franklin finishes it 70-7 he is a p**ck.
Couldn't agree more. Before the game everyone knew we didn't belong on the same field. Now all doubt is gone and we proved we don't play the same sport. Why anyone looks to be embarrassed and play the fool is beyond me.
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Oldhen

Post by Oldhen »

Anybody in UD athletics who advocated for this game should be stripped to their skivvies onstage at the next convocation so they know how public humiliation feels.
I do whatever the Rice Krispies tell me to do.
1977hen
UD Class: 1977

Post by 1977hen »

Writing a letter to Chrissi as we speak. This is an embarrassment for UD
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:06 pm Total Plays: 51-22 PSU

First Downs: 20-2 PSU
One of those first downs was the offsides penalty on the punt.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

The D players have to be dragging. They get no help from the O and have been out there all day. Can you imagine playing your guts out only to have the other team sub in third stringers as good or better than you. Take the 400 k and put it to good use.
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

UD only got $400k for this??!!?!??!

Jesus effing Christ.

Play the Big Boys, but don’t play the BIG BIG boys.
cougarpines1

Post by cougarpines1 »

I just can't understand how this helps recruiting. I can imagine the conversation when the players go home and walk into their local watering hole.
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Well, so much for being on their side of the field.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!