St Francis

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Bluewyn Gold

Re: St Francis

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Section J wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:57 pmWhat game was that?
Versus the College at Colonial Disneyland. The Soupers got within 10 of Thee Griffins with a TD in garbage time. So far the Humps haven't been as scary as Mr. Volunteer would have us believe.
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:57 pm
Section J wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:57 pmWhat game was that?
Versus the College at Colonial Disneyland. The Soupers got within 10 of Thee Griffins with a TD in garbage time. So far the Humps haven't been as scary as Mr. Volunteer would have us believe.
And it's not as if W&M has been crazy impressive so far either. They haven't blown out anyone yet and they haven't played anyone of note yet (Wofford and Charleston Southern). Campbell keeping it close in garbage time versus W&M and then adding wins against Citadel and Monmouth hasn't really showed us much of anything so far. They might be decent, but there's not any evidence yet to prove that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

gotta respond to several comments about the Campbell Camels. I posted "they have arrived as a challenge at the FCS level" plus some info why I think they are becoming competitive. I don't get the reference to them being SUPERPOWER etc.
JMHO and we'll see how it plays out.
I hope we'll get the camels to lie down but there is no way they will get dehydrated :roll: :lol: :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Fair enough and well done, Mr. Vol Hen.

Agree that the Humps seem to be doing the things it will take to compete in the Coastal. Pay no mind to me. The association with most of these newer league entrants is a tough pill to swallow. Just serves as a bitter reminder of how far the school has let Blue Hen football slip. Magnanimity about our former associates may come easier once the Fightin' Blues shuffle the CAA coil.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:28 am Fair enough and well done, Mr. Vol Hen.

Agree that the Humps seem to be doing the things it will take to compete in the Coastal. Pay no mind to me. The association with most of these newer league entrants is a tough pill to swallow. Just serves as a bitter reminder of how far the school has let Blue Hen football slip. Magnanimity about our former associates may come easier once the Fightin' Blues shuffle the CAA coil.
Prediction: The humps will leave the CAA in about 2 years for FBS leaving UD behind in the dust.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

77HEN wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:35 am
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:28 am Fair enough and well done, Mr. Vol Hen.

Prediction: The humps will leave the CAA in about 2 years for FBS leaving UD behind in the dust.
:lol:

Where can we send Tenn a pack of the Whacky Weed Camels for when that happens
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:51 am Predicting the black uniforms coming Saturday vs. UNH.
How about that?

https://twitter.com/Delaware_FB/status/ ... 76/photo/1
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

thanks- no twitter, etc for me.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:33 am
UD '01 grad wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:51 am Predicting the black uniforms coming Saturday vs. UNH.
How about that?

https://twitter.com/Delaware_FB/status/ ... 76/photo/1
It still drives me nuts that the uniform report includes the helmet.