UNH

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henzone

Re: UNH

Post by Henzone »

Henny wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:03 pm Shupp, Thomas and Anyanwu is not a slip and fall law practice out of Philly. It's our guard rotation that's going to get UD through this one in bad weather conditions! Ground and Pound!
Wind starting to slightly crank up already during my walk. Was that you that honked ? I know it was Hens79 who threw that meatball at me .
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Should be alot of fun in that weather tomorrow
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

https://sports.yahoo.com/degree-difficu ... yG4YvAF3jQ

KT ranks Delaware's degree of difficulty on our upcoming CAA games.

Short version:
UNH
nova
Campbell
Elon
Hampton
Towson
NCA&T
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Henzone wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:22 pm
Henny wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:03 pm Shupp, Thomas and Anyanwu is not a slip and fall law practice out of Philly. It's our guard rotation that's going to get UD through this one in bad weather conditions! Ground and Pound!
Wind starting to slightly crank up already during my walk. Was that you that honked ? I know it was Hens79 who threw that meatball at me .
Nope, no HAC today but glad you're out walking after last year.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Cluck U wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:17 pm https://sports.yahoo.com/degree-difficu ... yG4YvAF3jQ

Short version:
UNH
nova
Campbell
Elon
Hampton
Towson
NCA&T
Until we get past that mental block with them, every list has to start with nova. Maybe it's just teams nicknamed Wildcats that we really have a problem with?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:17 pm https://sports.yahoo.com/degree-difficu ... yG4YvAF3jQ

Short version:
UNH
nova
Campbell
Elon
Hampton
Towson
NCA&T
I would flip Towson above Hampton but KT is probably on to something
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

HUGE game for us and the Staff tomorrow
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

KT's preview picks UNH over UD 27-24.

KT surprisingly has yet to make any omment(s) on the potential impact of the forecasted rainy & windy conditions and whether or not they will favor and/or disfavor either team.

I was surprised by this quote in KT's article from HC Carty -

"It’s an uphill battle for us for sure. They’re so sound and coach [Garrett] Gillick [the defensive coordinator and former Carty colleague] does such a great job. We’re excited about the opportunity to go see how we stack up against a team that obviously on paper here is better than us.”

Why is UNH obviously on paper better than UD? Is Carty implying that recruiting under Rocco was below top of the CAA standards and that Carty is going to need a few recruiting years to get UD to the top of the CAA? Or is Carty just trying to motivate his team? Or other? Wjat do you guys think of Carty's quote?
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

BlueHenBill wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:13 pm KT's preview picks UNH over UD 27-24.

KT surprisingly has yet to make any omment(s) on the potential impact of the forecasted rainy & windy conditions and whether or not they will favor and/or disfavor either team.

I was surprised by this quote in KT's article from HC Carty -

"It’s an uphill battle for us for sure. They’re so sound and coach [Garrett] Gillick [the defensive coordinator and former Carty colleague] does such a great job. We’re excited about the opportunity to go see how we stack up against a team that obviously on paper here is better than us.”

Why is UNH obviously on paper better than UD? Is Carty implying that recruiting under Rocco was below top of the CAA standards and that Carty is going to need a few recruiting years to get UD to the top of the CAA? Or is Carty just trying to motivate his team? Or other? Wjat do you guys think of Carty's quote?
Carty likes playing the underdog, but in this case, he is probably correct.

https://herosports.com/fcs-2023-unh-foo ... view-bzbz/

Posted the above link before...read it. UNH has a lot of their team coming back from last year...including two first team All-CAA defensive ends. If you have watched their games, they have a good, varied offense that can run or pass the ball and a QB that has experience. Plus, they have been running the same system for a while so the players are familiar with each other and the coaches' expectations.

UNH is also ranked 11th...and are ahead of us in every poll...mainly because they return a lot of people (including 4 of their 5 OLs) on both sides of the ball from a playoff team last year.

Can we win? Sure. But, our D has to show up or it will be a long day. Plenty of speed and skill positions on D...but not much beef. Ultimately, the head coach is responsible for everything, but this defense is Roja's - including the players. We will see if our D is up to the task.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Henzone

Post by Henzone »

VIKING '87 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:01 pm
Gannonfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:33 pm
Henzone wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:34 am Game notes are up but apparently Ryan is not interested in updating his depth chart for us fans.
Another day and another post by HZ trying to nitpick Carty. Where was this daily negativity during the lost decade under Brock and Rocco? Does it take more energy to be a lapdog or to be a bitter old man? Ever try to return soup at a deli? :lol:
I, for one, like to look at the depth chart to see if it is updated. Gives me an idea who is available and who isn't. I also miss when our Notes used to have the opponents depth chart along side ours.

https://unhwildcats.com/documents/2023/ ... laware.pdf

Here's the depth chart you requested . Please don't complain that it's not accurate Mr Nitpicker even though it isn't. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.