Duquesne

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: Duquesne

Post by Cluck U »

I am an optimist (who has been correct about UD football's flight plan - way more so than the not-so-swift rah-rahs of the previous 10+ years). :D

A look into the future..in my best Carnac the Magnificent imitation:

The answer is: Ryan Carty

Opens the envelope:

Who is the disciple of KC Keeler who will win UD more playoff games than the combined "Program Builders" of the Lost Decade?

The audience rahs.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Darius Perrantes is the QB for Duquesne and played as Freshman while at Rhode Island in 2019

https://goduquesne.com/sports/football/ ... ntes/11814

As a Freshman (2021)
Started eight games and went 139 for 233 with 1,620 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions

This year already has 7 picks
7 TD passes

Hopefully he will have a long hard day and something tells me he will
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:35 am Darius Perrantes is the QB for Duquesne and played as Freshman while at Rhode Island in 2019

https://goduquesne.com/sports/football/ ... ntes/11814

As a Freshman (2021)
Started eight games and went 139 for 233 with 1,620 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions

This year already has 7 picks
7 TD passes

Hopefully he will have a long hard day and something tells me he will

Good research Carib!! Thanks!
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

jd of de wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:49 pm
tenn hen wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:32 am
jd of de wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:24 am Slow starts and special teams are my concern as well.

Entering the season my concern was the O-line and I am pleased with how we have improved there.
agree with 1st sentence, but not sure about the 2nd- more games may establish that though it might take a while to validly judge that concern. the PSU game raised questions about our O. Certainly the Dukes shouldn't tell us anything. scheduling Duquesne was uncalled for. Is LIU coming up too? :oops:
Watch the Penn State tape. Our O-line opened holes much of the day. The speed which the Penn State linebackers and safeties plugged those hole was stunning. Even at Penn State we showed real progress.
It was obvious that we wouldn't meet a quality team/defense like PSU so I didn't include that in my post.
Our lack of O production was not a real surprise due to the vaulted PSU Defense. Their lbs always fill those gaps- that's the thrust of the M. Diaz scheme as well as other variations he has installed.
My quote speaks for itself, and future games should be helpful regarding our OL.
I don't watch replays of any games for any teams, including UD.

bring on the Dukes though I'm not sure we'll gain greater insight about our squad from this Royal Encounter Saturday
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:35 amThis year already has 7 picks
7 TD passes
In fairness, 5 of those picks were against FBS secondaries. He chucked the other 2 last week against LIU.

They've got some skill guys, including the QB, but, to my eyes from the one game sample I've watched, their lines got pushed around. Maybe that was an off day or maybe they're just not very good. I think it's the latter but we'll soon see. Our staff has seen more film and should be prepared to expose their weaknesses.
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

The HENs should win this game easily. The goals for this game should be not play down to the competition, to get off to a strong start, and finish after 60 complete minutes of football. Those are the things the Hens have recently lacked over the years in games like this. The next 3 games after this should be similar. We need to go into Elon 7-1 with confidence. Hopefully lack of competition and injuries over the next month does not weaken the team when we meet good teams again.
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

According to the NCAA FCS statistics, Duquesne ranks as follows (Delaware’s ranking is in parentheses):

Scoring Offense - 57, 24.3 points per game (ppg) (36, 28.8 ppg)
Total Offense - 63, 351.8 yards per game (ypg) (38, 392.2 ypg)
Passing Offense - 62, 200.2 ypg (20, 257.8 ypg)
Rushing Offense - 53, 151.5 ypg (68, 134.5 ypg)

Scoring Defense - 115, 39.25 ppg (65, 28.75 ppg)
Total Defense - 94, 425.5 ypg (80, 407.0 ypg)
Passing Yards Allowed - 79, 232.0 ypg (85, 238.2 ypg)
Rushing Defense - 114, 225.2 ypg (61, 165.0 ypg)
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:55 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:35 amThis year already has 7 picks
7 TD passes
In fairness, 5 of those picks were against FBS secondaries. He chucked the other 2 last week against LIU.

They've got some skill guys, including the QB, but, to my eyes from the one game sample I've watched, their lines got pushed around. Maybe that was an off day or maybe they're just not very good. I think it's the latter but we'll soon see. Our staff has seen more film and should be prepared to expose their weaknesses.
The MAC took one on the chin in 2021 as Duquesne went out to Athens, Ohio and beat the mighty MAC FBS team 28-26.

Duquesne has always been blue collar scrappy team and very fitting for a team from Pittsburgh. I think they play on the top of a building. I’m not celebrating any victories just yet.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:01 pmDuquesne has always been blue collar scrappy team and very fitting for a team from Pittsburgh.
They mine fertile recruiting ground for kids who slip through the D-I cracks out there in Western PA and Eastern OH. They also seem to have a number of players from FL. But Charlotte made them look really, really bad.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Blue and scold

You better put those old Betty Davis flicks away

I think you meant Coastal Carolina and not hush-hush sweet Charlotte….
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaxhen1

Post by Jaxhen1 »

I think you meant Coastal Carolina. After the Wittenberg game in the 1970s, I always cringe when anyone chalks up a victory before the game is played. Anything can happen in a game. I’m certainly not taking it for granted and Duquesne will likely put up some points but if Delaware’s offense is clicking I’d be disappointed if we didn’t score at least 35 or 40 points against a defense that appears to be vulnerable.
Jaxhen1

Post by Jaxhen1 »

According to the NCAA FBS statistics, Penn State ranks:

1st in Total Defense
4th in Scoring Defense
1st in Passing Yards Allowed
7th in Rushing Defense

Can’t be too critical about our offensive numbers when playing against a top tier FBS team with a stellar defense. We need to take that into consideration when evaluating our QB and OL play. Almost all FCS teams, would have struggled mightily against that defense. Considering who we were playing, I think our OL showed that it has improved considerably.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

No doubt the fan boards last week for W&M, NDSU and Holy Cross were filled with calls for blowouts scores and the 2nd QB getting the 4th quarter reps against their cupcake opponent. I’d include Nova too, but I’m sure their 3 fans just text each other.

We better take this game seriously. We better take every game seriously. And if we do, then we hopefully we see the the 2nd QB get some 4th quarter reps.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

jd of de wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:05 pm No doubt the fan boards last week for W&M, NDSU and Holy Cross were filled with calls for blowouts scores and the 2nd QB getting the 4th quarter reps against their cupcake opponent. I’d include Nova too, but I’m sure their 3 fans just text each other.

We better take this game seriously. We better take every game seriously. And if we do, then we hopefully we see the the 2nd QB get some 4th quarter reps.
Agree with your theme JD but

Holy Cross fans are pretty sharp and knew they were in for a game playing a good team in Harvard

NDSU fans have been saying since pre-season the Bison are not the same superpower

We have beat 2 horrible teams in Stony Brook and St Francis. Third win was against a ranked New Hampshire that has fallen out of rankings after losing to Towson. That UNH D was shredded by Towson, it was surreal like to see how bad it was.

I would love to see a blowout but not going to be surprised if Duquesne hangs around for longer than we like

Delaware 35
Duquesne 13

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

jd of de wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:05 pm No doubt the fan boards last week for W&M, NDSU and Holy Cross were filled with calls for blowouts scores and the 2nd QB getting the 4th quarter reps against their cupcake opponent. I’d include Nova too, but I’m sure their 3 fans just text each other.

Oh, please. :roll:

Holy Cross? They were in a tight game with Harvard last year leading 24-21 into Q4…and two FGs, one with only 1:24 left on the clock, got Holy Cross a 30-21 win. And, hello…Harvard smacked the crap out of Holy Cross 34-13 the previous year. 😂

Yeah…only a fool would think the game would be easy. The Ivies have consistently proven themselves to be formidable foes in FCS.

Speaking of fools…the Tribe O has been anemic. Very few would have said W&M would have blown out Elon.

NDSU? Perhaps. That one might have had some folks thinking an easy Bison win.

But…the Dukes stink. There are no indicators that would lead anyone to not believe our Hens should win.

Any given Saturday? Sure. But we weren’t beating Penn State…and the Duquamanonapookies aren’t beating us unless everything goes wrong.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!