Game Thread: Duquense

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Re: Game Thread: Duquense

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Well that's more like it in the 2nd half, defense came out and completely stuffed Duquense. The offense was never in doubt, I had it 48-13 in the game score picks., but we again didn't play a good first half, that's going to have to change but good halftime adjustments by the coaching staff I think, at least today.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

So…we blow this team out (as we should have)…just took us a while to get started (again).

Terrible team, the Dukes. Caribbe highlighted the QB’s tendency to throw INTs…

Next up: Homecoming against another bad team.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

I’ve said it before but I really like Lutz. He’s a very good route runner and seems to have great hands.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:59 pm I’ve said it before but I really like Lutz. He’s a very good route runner and seems to have great hands.
The secret is out of the bag
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Attendance: 18,952
UD '01 grad

Post by UD '01 grad »

Radio: "Delaware didn't have a lot of room to run."

Carty: "I can't pinpoint what our first quarter issues are on either side of the ball."
ColoradoHen
UD Class: 1977

Post by ColoradoHen »

In watching the past couple games on Flo sports, it appears on my screen that the Hens’ helmets are back to the old darker blue color. Is that fact or just bad color on the Flo broadcast?
UD '01 grad

Post by UD '01 grad »

Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Beat a bad team today. No wonder Coastal beat them 66-7. Don’t think the Hens have played against a smaller defense. The Dukes defense makes the Hens look massive. Just a bad team. And the QB was pretty lousy too. Hens beat a gimme spread of 21 like they should have in a glorified scrimmage after shaking off another bad start.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:04 pm
Jaxhen1 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:59 pm I’ve said it before but I really like Lutz. He’s a very good route runner and seems to have great hands.

The entire team was all over him after his TD catch. Seems he’s quite well liked. I was at the start of the Widener FB game at 1 pm today for a dedication ceremony for a great old colleague. The chasm between that D3 event and Blue Hen FB is quite big,
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

77HEN wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:25 pm

The entire team was all over him after his TD catch. Seems he’s quite well liked. I was at the start of the Widener FB game at 1 pm today for a dedication ceremony for a great old colleague. The chasm between that D3 event and Blue Hen FB is quite big,
Was great to see that. Lutz has looked great in garbage time this year, it was also nice to kind of erase the bad karma lingering from “the play of the century” where Lutz was the intended receiver in the end zone
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
UD '01 grad

Post by UD '01 grad »

UD email just received claims Hens outgained Duquesne "466-20" and has kickoff as two words.

Slow down and get it right if you're going to produce something.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:00 pm UD email just received claims Hens outgained Duquesne "466-20" and has kickoff as two words.

Slow down and get it right if you're going to produce something.
Just saw that. Totally embarrassing.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

The dude was a D3 All American. What was the “secret”?

https://gotuftsjumbos.com/news/2022/12/ ... onors.aspx

https://gotuftsjumbos.com/sports/footba ... lutz/11830
#JustWinBaby