Hampton Pirates on the horizon

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Housthen18
UD Class: 2018

Re: Hampton Pirates on the horizon

Post by Housthen18 »

In other news our former rival from Harrisonburg is going to be ranked (again) next week.
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Yes houston18, I watched most of that game and JMU'S defense is no joke for sure. Definitely a top 25 team at 7-0.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Housthen18 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:36 pmIn other news our former rival from Harrisonburg is going to be ranked (again) next week.
Two recently departed FCS teams are among the Top 40 in the latest AP poll - James Madison and Liberty.
Housthen18

Post by Housthen18 »

JMU really might not lose a game this season. They have potential to become (unless Cignetti is hired to a P5 job) the next Boise State-type G5 program that goes 11-1 every year and gets big time bowl slots. There will probably be a 30 for 30 one day about their FBS transition.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Housthen18 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:02 pm JMU really might not lose a game this season. They have potential to become (unless Cignetti is hired to a P5 job) the next Boise State-type G5 program that goes 11-1 every year and gets big time bowl slots. T
They have left:

ODU
UConn
@Georgia St
App St
@ Coastal
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Housthen18

Post by Housthen18 »

bluehenbillk wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:28 pm
Housthen18 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:02 pm JMU really might not lose a game this season. They have potential to become (unless Cignetti is hired to a P5 job) the next Boise State-type G5 program that goes 11-1 every year and gets big time bowl slots. T
They have left:

ODU (89.8% JMU win)
UConn (89.9% JMU win)
@Georgia St (58.9% JMU win)
App St (73.4% JMU win)
@ Coastal (57.1% JMU win)
Added ESPN's current win probabilities in bold. Joint probability says there's about a 19-20% chance they win out (at least I think, I'm no statistics genius). So they probably drop one or two games, but if they make it past Georgia State (which is actually before UConn) they have a real shot.
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

Info Hound wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:38 pm We are talking football here. What does this AAU have to do with it?
My bad, Info. I have this obsession about Delaware getting into the AAU and an earlier post about the lack of academic peers in CUSA motivated my post.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

dchen wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:45 pm
Info Hound wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:38 pm We are talking football here. What does this AAU have to do with it?
My bad, Info. I have this obsession about Delaware getting into the AAU and an earlier post about the lack of academic peers in CUSA motivated my post.
My question was "tongue in cheek". :D
#JUST WIN
henjet
UD Class: 1900

Post by henjet »

Man JMU cant stand them but wish we would have had there admin and way of thinking, could have been us, as always ud and the great bot
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Go JMU!!!!

Love that team and school, they are a REAL football team and school.

🤓