Manny's Defense

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
cams
UD Class: 1981

Manny's Defense

Post by cams »

We seem to spend a lot of time on this site discussing Carty, his play calling and generally how the offense is doing. Manny Rojas has done a darn good job putting a defense together that is stingy and plays their best in the 2nd half which could prove to be very important down the road.

The defense is allowing 23 points per game but if you throw out the PSU game (which is really an outlier), then that average is only 15 pts per game. They also are doing a very good job of taking the ball away. It's just nice to know that we don't have to engage in a track meet to win games.
Hensational
UD Class: 1995

Re: Manny's Defense

Post by Hensational »

It's actually even less than that (13.2) because 9 of those points were a kickoff return and a safety vs. UNH.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

And considering it’s almost a complete makeover from last year meaning bringing in all the personnel they had to, Manny does deserve a lot of credit
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Ramblinrec74
UD Class: 1976

Post by Ramblinrec74 »

I agree they have done a good job not allowing points, but they had some luck on their side this past game, with NC A&T self destructing! I would love to see them improve against the run, and along with that improve their tackling. This past week was horrendous, and if it wasn't for NC A&T self destructing, they would have put some points up!
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:50 pm And considering it’s almost a complete makeover from last year meaning bringing in all the personnel they had to, Manny does deserve a lot of credit
+1

The tackling for both teams was difficult this past Saturday due to the extreme amount of rain.
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J »

cams wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:01 pm We seem to spend a lot of time on this site discussing Carty, his play calling and generally how the offense is doing. Manny Rojas has done a darn good job putting a defense together that is stingy and plays their best in the 2nd half which could prove to be very important down the road.

The defense is allowing 23 points per game but if you throw out the PSU game (which is really an outlier), then that average is only 15 pts per game. They also are doing a very good job of taking the ball away. It's just nice to know that we don't have to engage in a track meet to win games.
Careful Cams, there are those here who are certain that the 3-5 will never be successful. No credit to Manny until we win the NC, then maybe a little. :wink:
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

13.2 points per game (FCS) 8) That damn 3-2-6 will never work :lol:

I’ll add, the defense has only given up 20 points in the 2nd half in those 5 FCS games.
Double G

Post by Double G »

Manny is a Rocco protege . He will never be accepted by a small group of fans regardless of his accomplishments.
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »

I personally love the guy and the scheme…when we blitz. I’m a little concerned now that KH is hurt but as far as being well coached and ready to go this D is legit.
The Dude Abides!
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

In our 5 FCS games, Manny's defense has allowed 7 TD's, with only 2 of them rushing.
#JUST WIN
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Brogna should be ready to pick up the slack from Hunter if needed. Let's hope 55 is ready
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »

HENJOHN wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:24 am Brogna should be ready to pick up the slack from Hunter if needed. Let's hope 55 is ready
100% agree. He dominated at the highest level in North Jersey football and that's saying something. I think his team beat one or both of the younger Knight brothers by a fairly large margin a couple of years ago. He's legit. But having NT/DT's on this level is really, really hard. We were spoiled with Kerr and then Nicholas for that four-year clip. Having Hunter back would be huge.
The Dude Abides!
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

HENJOHN wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:24 am Brogna should be ready to pick up the slack from Hunter if needed. Let's hope 55 is ready
Well, game notes include KH in the starter role, so he must be ready to go.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

77HEN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:16 pm
I didn't say he wouldn't be ready I inferred just in case he can't go. It's pretty unusual a player incurs any sort of head injury and plays the following week anymore.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

HENJOHN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:28 pm
77HEN wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:16 pm
I didn't say he wouldn't be ready I inferred just in case he can't go. It's pretty unusual a player incurs any sort of head injury and plays the following week anymore.
Have the game notes even been updated? Not that I even read them really … just show me the game
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019