NDSU vs South Dakota St

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
finpxz1

NDSU vs South Dakota St

Post by finpxz1 »

Just got done watching this game on ESPN+ and had a couple of initial reactions.

First of all, I hope someone from UD is paying attention (although I’m sure they aren’t), but the production quality comparing ESPN+ to Flo is night and day. We’ve got to get away from Flo asap.

The environment in Brookings was off the charts. That was an FCS game in name only. Both of those teams could beat a ton of FBS teams. And in the case of the Jackrabbits, they could make a run at the Top 25 FBS right now.

While UD now has the overall team speed to compete with both the Bison and the Jacks, the line play is still noticeably different. The SDST o-line are a bunch of monsters. #60 looks like NFL quality to me. I can’t see how the Hens would stand a chance against that line play.

SDST is far and away the best FCS team in the country. It truly is them against the field for the NCAA FCS title, and barring something crazy happening, they will win their 2nd consecutive championship.

Carty has done a nice job of elevating our talent, but we need to build the offensive and defensive lines to compete at the highest level. Now let’s go take care of Campbell and finally put an end to the Nova curse!!!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Re: NDSU vs South Dakota St

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Massey has South Dakota St at # 35

Next closest FCS team is Montana St at # 86

I agree with you that South Dakota St is a top 25 FBS type team

It took them more than a few years to get this good

Bison might not be making the playoffs as they are looking at 2 tough games to the finish line
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019