The Test -Villanova

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: The Test -Villanova

Post by Hens79 »

Now some are criticizing plays they worked for 40 yards???? Some of our “fans” posts are beyond comical.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Gosh…failing a nova test means it is a bad year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a weird definition of success.

We have a chance to get into the playoffs…and a decent chance to win a game against Laffy. 9-3…with another game, wouldn’t be successful? :shock:

I don’t care if we beat one or two bad playoff teams…because that would mean we were in the playoffs.

Folks…the Yankee/A-10 was not a great conference. We have several really (really, really) bad playoff losses during that time (Ark.St., got Mossed and others…including first round exits), yet people feel were were successful and among the great legacy teams. And we had some great runs! Fun times and sad times…but Saturdays were a blast.

But now Carty…not coming in and blowing the doors off opponents, and “only” getting to the playoffs twice and getting a first round playoff win (and, hopefully a second) in his first two years is a bad thing?

Sheesh…some of you folks are nuts.

Do we want/need to improve? Yup. But, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

IF selected, we play again. Let me repeat…OUR HENS PLAY IN THE POST-SEASON this Saturday. 100 or so other FCS teams can’t say that.

I’ll be rooting for the team and the individuals I know. They are good kids. World beaters? Nope. But they are out there representing the University of Delaware, and I will be cheering for them to succeed for as long as possible.

Go Hens!
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Double G

Post by Double G »

Hens79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:35 am Now some are criticizing plays they worked for 40 yards???? Some of our “fans” posts are beyond comical.
The play was for 39 yards. I'm not convinced it made sense to utilize Marker concerning his injury history. I trust maybe we were setting up a double pass that could have been utilized later in the game?? Collins, who was a hs qb would have worked if that was the objective.

Would you like to give your 2 cents on the 4th down flops?
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Double G wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:26 am
Hens79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:35 am Now some are criticizing plays they worked for 40 yards???? Some of our “fans” posts are beyond comical.
The play was for 39 yards.
Well, there’s that.

79…bring your A game next time.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Double G wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:26 am
The play was for 39 yards. I'm not convinced it made sense to utilize Marker concerning his injury history. I trust maybe we were setting up a double pass that could have been utilized later in the game?? Collins, who was a hs qb would have worked if that was the objective.

Would you like to give your 2 cents on the 4th down flops?
No. I was just commenting on your idiotic comment.
Double G

Post by Double G »

And I on yours.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:37 am Gosh…failing a nova test means it is a bad year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a weird definition of success.

We have a chance to get into the playoffs…and a decent chance to win a game against Laffy. 9-3…with another game, wouldn’t be successful? :shock:

I don’t care if we beat one or two bad playoff teams…because that would mean we were in the playoffs.

Folks…the Yankee/A-10 was not a great conference. We have several really (really, really) bad playoff losses during that time (Ark.St., got Mossed and others…including first round exits), yet people feel were were successful and among the great legacy teams. And we had some great runs! Fun times and sad times…but Saturdays were a blast.

But now Carty…not coming in and blowing the doors off opponents, and “only” getting to the playoffs twice and getting a first round playoff win (and, hopefully a second) in his first two years is a bad thing?

Sheesh…some of you folks are nuts.

Do we want/need to improve? Yup. But, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

IF selected, we play again. Let me repeat…OUR HENS PLAY IN THE POST-SEASON this Saturday. 100 or so other FCS teams can’t say that.

I’ll be rooting for the team and the individuals I know. They are good kids. World beaters? Nope. But they are out there representing the University of Delaware, and I will be cheering for them to succeed for as long as possible.

Go Hens!
:lol:

Cluck, never leave this place
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Say…I got distracted a bit and missed the roll call.

Which players were honored for Senior Day?