To 25 Polls Your thoughts ?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Mrgab2much

To 25 Polls Your thoughts ?

Post by Mrgab2much »

Just my opion, Delaware was raked 8th last week, now 7th.
Two teams that were ahead of us lost last week.
Idaho lost. Prev 4th
North Carolina Central lost. Prev 7th
Idaho lost to Weber State, a 3-4 conference team. Idaho is now 7-3 and now ranked 6th and we are 8-2 ranked 7th. I think we should have moved ahead of Idaho to 6th place. I understand the Big Sky is a better conference. Does anyone agree with me that we should be ranked 6th?
beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Re: To 25 Polls Your thoughts ?

Post by beancounter »

I don't really care much about the polls. We are ranked higher than North Dakota State. I'm not sure they wouldn't sh!t & shove us in it if we played them. They aren't who they were a couple of years ago, but in the games I've seen they look pretty tough.
Proud to be a f@&king Blue Hen!
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Here is their schedule.

https://govandals.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

They have beaten much better teams than any of our wins…and even their losses are to better teams than we have beaten.

There is no real reason to believe we are the better team, and there is even less reason to believe we have a better resume that deserves a higher placement.

Heck, Laffy is 8-2, and one can argue they have a better resume than us.

Let’s beat nova and hope the chips fall into place so that we win the CAA title. We will have a home playoff game and take it from there.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Mrgab2much wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:09 pm Just my opion, Delaware was raked 8th last week, now 7th.
Idaho lost. Prev 4th
Idaho lost to Weber State, a 3-4 conference team. Idaho is now 7-3 and now ranked 6th and we are 8-2 ranked 7th. I think we should have moved ahead of Idaho to 6th place. I understand the Big Sky is a better conference. Does anyone agree with me that we should be ranked 6th?
Nobody knows if Idaho is better than Delaware right now, polls are mostly for fun

Of course Idaho should have dropped more than two slots after losing to Weber State, but the Big Sky has the majority of the FCS media in their back pocket. Yes they are better than the CAA, but I would love to see Delaware get an opportunity to play Idaho or Sacramento State, the two overrated Big Sky teams. I wouldn’t be really excited about Montana or Montana State, but either of those Montana schools would be better than an early game in Brookings, South Dakota
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Bluehens.com recap of the Elon game says UD #5/6 lost to Elon. The next week recap says UD #8/8 bounces back against Campbell. The drops (for UD and Idaho) are not very different after a loss.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

77HEN wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:57 pm Bluehens.com recap of the Elon game says UD #5/6 lost to Elon. The next week recap says UD #8/8 bounces back against Campbell. The drops (for UD and Idaho) are not very different after a loss.
Delaware still gets tons of respect in the polls for sure 77, almost everyone here has said the Hens are a little overrated, but the Coaches and stats voters disagree

This is the first time since 2010 that I feel like the Hens could make a nice playoff run
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:50 pm
Mrgab2much wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:09 pm Just my opion, Delaware was raked 8th last week, now 7th.
Idaho lost. Prev 4th
Nobody knows if Idaho is better than Delaware right now, polls are mostly for fun

Of course Idaho should have dropped more than two slots after losing to Weber State, but the Big Sky has the majority of the FCS media in their back pocket. Yes they are better than the CAA, but I would love to see Delaware get an opportunity to play Idaho or Sacramento State, the two overrated Big Sky teams. I wouldn’t be really excited about Montana or Montana State, but either of those Montana schools would be better than an early game in Brookings, South Dakota
Idaho beat Montana State…and lost to Montana by 2. I’ve watched several of their games and would not want to face them.

Sac State? Meh…but they are better than anyone we’ve beaten, and they went into Cedar Falls and beat UNI.

Take care of nova Saturday and we get a bye and a home playoff game. Lose, and we get a home playoff game. Regardless, we are getting to at least 9 wins this year. Carty has us going in the right direction.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

There are huge discrepancies in the placement of Florida A&M in various polls.

Coaches Poll #7
STATS Perform #11
AGS Poll T19
IMO, they do not belong in the Top 25 at all.

I think Furman is a bit overrated.
North Dakota dropped too far in the polls after a very close game with USD in which UND led most of the game.
NC Central should have dropped more after losing to Howard.
UNI and YSU should be higher.
Central Arkansas should be in the Top 25 but is not getting votes for some reason. Tarleton State too.

I have no problem with Delaware's placement. If anything, I think we're too high. The teams we have beat are a combined 28-51. The only one with a winning record is 6-4 Duquesne. We got beat by Elon who is 5-5.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:09 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:50 pm
Idaho lost. Prev 4th

Idaho beat Montana State…and lost to Montana by 2. I’ve watched several of their games and would not want to face them.

Sac State? Meh…but they are better than anyone we’ve beaten, and they went into Cedar Falls and beat UNI.

Take care of nova Saturday and we get a bye and a home playoff game. Lose, and we get a home playoff game. Regardless, we are getting to at least 9 wins this year. Carty has us going in the right direction.
Cluck

It was Weber State that went into Cedar Falls and beat Northern Iowa but I know all the big fluffy clouds look alike

It was Idaho that lost to Weber State this past Saturday

Idaho is good no doubt, they have a magic combination of the real McCoy QB and WR Hatten combo that is fun to watch. When Delaware beats Nova on Saturday I’m thinking the chances of Delaware beating an Idaho or Sac St are pretty fair, hopefully we will get to witness a game and get to the truth