Athletic Director-President & Board Of Trustees

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
InvestedHenFan
UD Class: 1988

Athletic Director-President & Board Of Trustees

Post by InvestedHenFan »

The effort expended on fund raising strategies are significant and consistent. The extended hand for donations is often and in some cases boarder line obnoxious. The programs and student athletes are certainly getting solid facilities and support. We need the AD and the school's leaders to deliver results now and stop with the lip service and social media blitz on how great the program is. Failing over and over again in the aging CAA cannot be masked or escaped by a move to another conference.

Delaware football has long commanded a high standard of success driven by prior success. The last decade or so has been guided by several leaders, Muir, Ziady, Rawak, Harker, Assanis, and many coming and going in and out of administration tenures.

Brock, Rocco, Carty all recipients of their leadership and support efforts, have struggled to win when it counts most, late in the season and against conference winning teams.

Extending hand and requesting that our UD leadership get this thing fixed. Time maybe a change is needed other than the coaches?

p.s. field of 24 playoff berth, while great for the team, doesn't matter much when you lose 2 of 3 at the end and compared to the 16 field format.
NewHen21

Re: Athletic Director-President & Board Of Trustees

Post by NewHen21 »

They finished the season 8-3 ? Lol did you forget we have 1 fcs championship? 1?!? In 2003 lol. This old fan base is draining. Never brought juice to the stadium. We somehow pack the stadium and you don’t hear the crowd at all. I hate the excuse ??! I’ve been at games with half the people and they make 10x more noise regardless of the score. Y’all sit there and donate 500 from your social security checks and feel the need to grab the president and AD’s attention by writing a post like this on gohens. Yea today was disappointing. It frankly sucked. Move the hell on and go follow a different program then. UD is moving in the right direction. Stop counting on those 5 d2 championships and acting like we are Alabama.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

The first play from scrimmage was a 59-yard run by the opponent. The score was 7-0 after 53 seconds. What do you want the crowd to cheer for at that point? Should they dance like the Wildcats did on the sidelines to our ill-timed pump-up music?

When the Hens tied the score I thought it was plenty loud. Nova had the lead five plays later.

They are better. I'm not cheering for that.
InvestedHenFan
UD Class: 1988

Post by InvestedHenFan »

Appreciate the thoughts and certainly don't at all discredit the hard work of the players and coaches this year. 8-3 is a good record for sure and a sure playoff berth is a nice reward. Giving some more thought, I suppose it's hard to argue the program is not heading in the right direction. For me, it's just not the direction I can get excited about. Late season meaningful victories at home are the standard for any program. For sure the atmosphere at the stadium for the Nova game was special, likely unmatched in other FCS games on 11.18. Villanova knocked the Hens out. It happens. Two losses to conference opponents at home in November, when it counts most is the program's reality. This is what needs to stop happening. I just happen to think and hope somehow the AD and admin will help fix it. I've been hoping for that for a long time now. The bus to FCS future prominence that left the station years ago, it left without UDs AD and admin. For me, would get excited with some new blood who can deliver and see what they can do to fix this.