Lafayette

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Info Hound

Re: Lafayette

Post by Info Hound »

I think it just bumped to $11.99 per month.

There is a ton of content.

Edit: wrong that was my Netflix.
Last edited by Info Hound on Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#JUST WIN
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

HENJOHN wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:12 am
RalphD58 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:05 am Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the game. I see it's on ESPN+, is a subscription needed to watch it?
Yes 58 you need to subscribe to ESPN + Which is around $9 a month. I have it and besides Televised benefits you get access to numerous written articles, NFL draft coverage etc
The good news is you can subscribe and then unsuscribe at any time. Sign up and watch the Hens whoop Leopards, enjoy the amenities for a month and then unsuscribe.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

RalphD58 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:05 am Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the game. I see it's on ESPN+, is a subscription needed to watch it?
Yes, unless you know somebody in South Philly named Scarfo

I believe it’s $9.99 a month
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

Thanks for the information everyone. I'm still working on the boss to head up to the game with me. Go Hens!
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Lafayette seems to have a heckuva running game…wondering if that’s a good thing for UD. The Hens seem to be better equipped to stop the run more than a better throwing team.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:52 am Lafayette seems to have a heckuva running game…wondering if that’s a good thing for UD. The Hens seem to be better equipped to stop the run more than a better throwing team.
Good question
The Lafayette offense is kind of like death by a 1000 cuts meaning methodical passing game dinking for 5 yards, keep moving the chains and suddenly that RB Jamar Curtis breaks out of a logjam and breaks one off … or a WR / TE is wide open for a big play

Defense held Monmouth RB Shirden to 42 yards and looked really good and physical early, it has been mentioned that Lafayettes D hasn’t looked as good late in the season

Looking forward to this one and how the Freshman QB game plan will look. Would really like to see some get the ball in talents hands type of plays with short quick passing game .. use the speed and athletic advantage that we will have. Everyone want Brose involved and with good reason, the stud makes plays.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

RalphD58 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:33 am Thanks for the information everyone. I'm still working on the boss to head up to the game with me. Go Hens!
Make it happen Ralph. Need you here.
Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 »

:D RalphD58- tell the wife the touchdown club may cancel future appearances if she does not accompany you to the game! Lol wishing you both a Happy Thanksgiving. Wayne Hanby
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

You guys are killing me! I got a "memory" from Google Photos on this date 16 years ago. It was the Delaware/Delaware State playoff game. We had a good crew that day. I may be able to convince half of them to go...🤞🏻
93BlueHen
UD Class: 1993

Post by 93BlueHen »

Thanks for the ESPN+ discussion. It reminded me to cancel my Flo subscription, which was about to renew in three days.

C'mon, Chrissi! Be a pal. Release me from having to resubscribe to that trash in 9 months!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Wow. 26 degrees early Saturday morning. Brrrrrrrrr.

Luckily, game time is 2pm, so there are a couple hours before the 10am tailgate start time. High of 42 degrees, and sunny, so the East stands will feel a bit warmer for most of the game. Sunset at 4:41pm Saturday…just about the end of game time (although the sun will dip below the East stands before that).

Bundle up, Hens fans.

Good news: according to Accuweather, it will be dry with light winds (about 5mph). Won’t have to shovel out your seats.

Good football weather. Bring some warmers (internal and external) for the tailgate. Don’t forget the gloves!

Post-Thanksgiving football in Newark! Woot !
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

I watched a replay of the Lehigh - Lafayette game after the Thanksgiving festivities. The game was tight deep into the 3rd Q as Lafayette pulled away. They have some good individual talent, but UD has to just take care of business. If the temps are where Cluck says, maybe it's not a bad thing to have Minicucci in to get the ground game going!
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Definitely will need to establish a balance attack. Get the running game going with short passes to our receivers. Our receivers are play makers. Occasionally throw a long pass.

Lafayette does not have an explosive offense but they are patient and slowly moves the ball downfield.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Henny wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:30 am I watched a replay of the Lehigh - Lafayette game after the Thanksgiving festivities. The game was tight deep into the 3rd Q as Lafayette pulled away. They have some good individual talent, but UD has to just take care of business. If the temps are where Cluck says, maybe it's not a bad thing to have Minicucci in to get the ground game going!
I don’t want to jinx anything, but you can’t help but notice how big and physical Minicucci looks, he can take a hit and is at least viable running the ball.

Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:53 am
Henny wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:30 am I watched a replay of the Lehigh - Lafayette game after the Thanksgiving festivities. The game was tight deep into the 3rd Q as Lafayette pulled away. They have some good individual talent, but UD has to just take care of business. If the temps are where Cluck says, maybe it's not a bad thing to have Minicucci in to get the ground game going!
I don’t want to jinx anything, but you can’t help but notice how big and physical Minicucci looks, he can take a hit and is at least viable running the ball.
He is only 6’2, 210. That’s not exactly a big quarterback.

With two quarterbacks already injured, we can not afford to lose another one.