Game Thread: Lafayette

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Re: Game Thread: Lafayette

Post by RalphD58 »

RalphD58 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:37 pm
hens96 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:26 pm Bet anyone $10,000 Delaware wins this game
I'm feeling the same, not $10,000 though... 😂
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! 😂
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Hensfansince03 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:33 pm
dovetail wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:31 pm Very impressed with Min. He really put it together in the second half. The kid is big, mobile and savvy. Carty needs a dual threat QB and here he is.
HIs Ability to run when the WRs spread the defense down field was huge. Instead of incompletions we had positive yards when no one was open.
A leader

Didn’t panic

The legend of Minu is born
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

Hens79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:07 pm
HensRock wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:34 pm
NCSTATEHENS09 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:55 am Forward and onward. Let's beat our cupcake NEC team and get throttled by a true football team. Then focus all our assets on FBS football. Go hens
Problem is, personally, I don't think we're going to beat our "cupcake NEC team" in the playoffs. UD is a mid-pack 6-5 FCS team masquerading as an 8-3 Playoff team. That's my opinion and I know most of you do not share it. Save your breath - You are not going to convince me otherwise until we all see next Saturday. Doesn't mean I won't be rooting for Delaware though.

GO HENS !
We’ll see next Saturday. I am anticipating your posts will include “we got lucky”, “didn’t deserve to win”, “were outplayed”, “aren’t that good anyway” when the Hens win.

No. I'm here to admit I was totally wrong about the game.
We won, and I am happy we did. Was a heckuva comeback.

Thing is, if it had gone the other way, I seriously doubt anyone would come back on here to tell me I was right.
Oh well - On to Montana - The 30 Year reunion!

GO HENS
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Hens79 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:45 pm Game over. What a disgrace.

Hope dozens are calling me out for being wrong but doubt it.

About to get run out of the Tub.
Not a good look 79
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

topstraight
UD Class: 1909

Post by topstraight »

Celebrate ALL WINS!

Congratulations to the Blue Hens!!!

Playoff wins don't come everyday! Enjoy it!
Last edited by topstraight on Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Redcoat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:47 pm
Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:44 pm New QB for Lafayette. #14
Just tell me his last name isn’t Santos.
Haha

Too funny

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Gotta admit didn't think taking my halftime walk that we'd get this one. We were awful soft and uninspired in first half. Happy for the kids and especially Minicucci. Didn't see Yarns in second half
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

hoopster wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:02 pm Is this the same guy that was the offensive coordinator at Sam Houston ST? Carty’s play calling is awful!
Repeating myself...if people don't think Carty didn't do this while at Sammy, you did not watch any of Sammy's games. The difference is that Sammy had much better talent (and better - at this time - head coach).

Carty pulls out wins from losses....sometimes losses he creates.

Exciting, but frustrating at times, football.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

NewHen21 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:19 pm
CapeHen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:07 pm It’s not pretty but it’s a third string QB. I really don’t know what you guys expect
Yea exactly. Yea it sucks that we aren’t playing well but I’d love for someone on this board to give me ONE example of a team who lost both their QBs and still play excellent on every play. Not ONE team in college of nfl can play to the level of standard they have played all year after losing the two qb’s who lead the way.
Mr. Santos would like to have a word with you.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Redcoat
UD Class: 1900

Post by Redcoat »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:53 pm
Redcoat wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:47 pm
Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:44 pm New QB for Lafayette. #14
Just tell me his last name isn’t Santos.
Haha

Too funny
To paraphrase Billy Joel, “There are not many who remember. They say a handful still survive…”
Redcoat
UD Class: 1900

Post by Redcoat »

Udforever1 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:39 pm
UDFootballFan wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:15 pm It was super ugly but we are going to Montana! Let’s hope a qb shows up & same for Mannys D
You’re legit the only person on this thread not impressed with what Minicucci did today. A true freshman literally willed us back from down 28-7. 16/25, 198 yards 3 TD and almost 50 yards rushing. I’m sure you’re hyper focused on the 3 picks, 2 of which were on the receivers. Give me a break..
💯
jersey hen
UD Class: 1986

Post by jersey hen »

Great comeback. Was really a tale of 2 halves. They could've just gone through the motions in the 2nd half, especially after last week's game. I thought not scoring when it was first and goal in the 3rd quarter would deflate things but this team never gave up. Even down 9 to start the 4th.

Hoping for a good game next week.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

bluehenbillk wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:13 pm Never a doubt…congrats on the W and an extra week of practice
This is important. This is why it is better to get to the playoffs and win. Free extra practice sessions.

Sally in RI
UD Class: 1974

Post by Sally in RI »

I am so happy to have not given up. I might have, but as a former (way former) athlete and coach, I knew they were trying their hardest and I have a very hard time criticizing them. That said, I live in New England and Belichick always takes the points and doesn’t go for 2 until he has to. Ryan might learn something from him.

Our freshman quarterback grew up today.

Go Fightin’ Blue Hens! Beat Montana!

Sally in RI
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

HensRock wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:50 pm
Hens79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:07 pm
HensRock wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:34 pm

Problem is, personally, I don't think we're going to beat our "cupcake NEC team" in the playoffs. UD is a mid-pack 6-5 FCS team masquerading as an 8-3 Playoff team. That's my opinion and I know most of you do not share it. Save your breath - You are not going to convince me otherwise until we all see next Saturday. Doesn't mean I won't be rooting for Delaware though.

GO HENS !
We’ll see next Saturday. I am anticipating your posts will include “we got lucky”, “didn’t deserve to win”, “were outplayed”, “aren’t that good anyway” when the Hens win.

No. I'm here to admit I was totally wrong about the game.
We won, and I am happy we did. Was a heckuva comeback.

Thing is, if it had gone the other way, I seriously doubt anyone would come back on here to tell me I was right.
Oh well - On to Montana - The 30 Year reunion!

GO HENS
Thing is … you have been wrong all year. Glad you replied so everyone could see your 6-5 post. But that was an upgrade from a previous 4-7, 5-6 call. SMH

But yes. On to Montana.