Game Thread: Lafayette

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Re: Game Thread: Lafayette

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Just from the TV shots I'd guess 6500-7000. But what do I know. Lol
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Credit to Mini and the club for a hard-fought win. The Hens dug themselves into a deep hole playing uninspired football in the first half. Man, did momentum shift in the 3rd quarter. You could feel it.

Possibly the last FCS home game in Newark, unless we can somehow pull off a win out west and Chattanooga knocks out Furman.
UDDave
UD Class: 1994

Post by UDDave »

Got back from the game a little while ago. Section K was full of boisterous Pards fans. They were an excited, respectful bunch. One sitting near me in section L told his father that it felt like a home game. in the first half, it was hard to disagree.

Credit to our players for digging deep in the second half. They responded again and again. It was missing under Brock and Rocco, but nice to see again. Credit also to our coaches who likely broke a few chalk boards at halftime.

Kudos to Oldhen for pulling up a chair for his serving of crow. Hopefully a few others will join him.

On to Montana. Not worried. Nobody has a better winning percentage against them than our Hens. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Good win. I hope we will be going with #4 for the rest of the reason regardless of the health status of the other quarterbacks. He earned that right tonight.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 pm
77HEN wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:50 pm
HENJOHN wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:44 pm Seemed like a lot more than that
Maybe 6K. Stadium was no more than 1/3 full. Every game I look at the home stands from the east and shake my head, there are always so many empty seats on that side. Shameful. I was thinking of the miracle at Youngstown too in Q2. Top two QBs out, top two RBs out (basically) and missing other important players but still hung in there. Proud of the team and the players for sticking in there and pulling it out.
Well that would be 50 percent more than reported and that was my point. I've been going to the stadium for almost every game since '69 and there was more than 4K there today
Under reporting maybe skimming a little
Extra for our pockets 🤫
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

Make up for some of the $5MM the NCAA is extorting for the move up.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

4K? 5K? What's it matter? It's the interest we've come to expect for early round FCS post-season games in Newark. It was roughly less than attended the high school semi-final I witnessed a week ago in Wilmington town.

Win's a win. The good guys move on to play at least one more game as an FCS program.
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

Did Herring play in this game? Was #22 injured or did Manning just replace him in the second half. As I believe UDForever mentioned, Delaware had three true freshman playing in the secondary in the second half (Seay, Manning, and Domnie).
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 pm 4K? 5K? What's it matter? It's the interest we've come to expect for early round FCS post-season games in Newark. It was roughly less than attended the high school semi-final I witnessed a week ago in Wilmington town.

Win's a win. The good guys move on to play at least one more game as an FCS program.
It doesn't really matter but it is a topic for discussion in light of the reported difference hence the brief discussion if that's ok.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

The attendance numbers are always low-balled for NCAA games, for whatever reason. Probably money.

Game turned when Laffay's QB was injured. As said earlier, team never gave up.

Shout-out to Watson. Made some huge plays at running back in second half, as well as old reliable Brose.

All you can ask for is heart and giving your all. Those came together late yesterday. Radio called it another "program win" which is a term that's getting overused, but it's still better than the alternative.
Redcoat
UD Class: 1900

Post by Redcoat »

HENJOHN wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:17 am
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 pm 4K? 5K? What's it matter? It's the interest we've come to expect for early round FCS post-season games in Newark. It was roughly less than attended the high school semi-final I witnessed a week ago in Wilmington town.

It doesn't really matter but it is a topic for discussion in light of the reported difference hence the brief discussion if that's ok.
And on Thanksgiving weekend as well
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Lafayette had a really nice group with them and were loud
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

RalphD58 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:46 pm
RalphD58 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:37 pm
hens96 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:26 pm Bet anyone $10,000 Delaware wins this game
I'm feeling the same, not $10,000 though... 😂
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! 😂
Hey 96, post your betting slip where you bet 10K?? The payoff must have been huge! Congrats
#JustWinBaby
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

HENJOHN wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:17 am It doesn't really matter…
IMO, probably didn’t bear repeating, but if you insist..

Can only imagine the mood here if the team didn’t just pull off an historic comeback. Wow.