I’m awake - UD to CUSA

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Re: I’m awake - UD to CUSA

Post by Hengrad07 »

Did CR or DA vote for NC A&T to enter the CAA?
#JustWinBaby
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Hengrad07 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:03 am Did CR or DA vote for NC A&T to enter the CAA?
I don't know, but it doesn't matter now. Hampton was the biggest failed addition, by far. Blame it all on Joey.
#JUST WIN
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Info Hound wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:45 am
Hengrad07 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:03 am Did CR or DA vote for NC A&T to enter the CAA?
I don't know, but it doesn't matter now. Hampton was the biggest failed addition, by far. Blame it all on Joey.
From what I saw the other night, and in the fall, NC A&T has no business being in the CAA.
#JustWinBaby
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

What I saw the other night was your standard, Monte Ross coached team.
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

I should have stuck to my original script that day at the BHTC... 😂
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

RalphD58 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:21 pm
I should have stuck to my original script that day at the BHTC... 😂
You were being kind, but you know I had the same thoughts. It didn't matter, as the damage had already been done.
#JUST WIN
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

jd of de wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:20 pm What I saw the other night was your standard, Monte Ross coached team.
:lol:

Well done, jd. 👍

“Coach” is both a noun and a verb. Monte has never figured out the verb part.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
KATatonic
UD Class: 2000

Post by KATatonic »

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but CUSA has a pretty good conference fan forum. Come over and join in. https://csnbbs.com/forum-439.html

Excited about playing you guys. This will give me a reason to justify to my wife traveling to an away game in Newark.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

KATatonic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:44 pm Not sure if this has been posted yet, but CUSA has a pretty good conference fan forum. Come over and join in. https://csnbbs.com/forum-439.html

Excited about playing you guys. This will give me a reason to justify to my wife traveling to an away game in Newark.
Come back to this board before you come up. Let us know what you like to eat and drink (and what you like to do). We’ll set you up for a good visit. :D
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
KATatonic
UD Class: 2000

Post by KATatonic »

Cluck U wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:49 pm
KATatonic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:44 pm Not sure if this has been posted yet, but CUSA has a pretty good conference fan forum. Come over and join in. https://csnbbs.com/forum-439.html

Come back to this board before you come up. Let us know what you like to eat and drink (and what you like to do). We’ll set you up for a good visit. :D
Will do!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Got a good reason …… haha
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Steve1981
UD Class: 1981

Post by Steve1981 »

Think it's a bit better to post here about speculation for the men's soccer team. If the MAC pulls 3 teams from the MVC, they will be down to 6 teams. Think MVC will allow Missouri State to keep their soccer program there. So UMass folks missed out on playing you guys regular, but we do want is best for our situation.

Since a MAC user posted our AD saying the MAC will bring men's soccer back with an affiliate. There is not really much talk on team #14. Will post a link to the thread if you care to look at but will post two quotes. Perhaps you rather get your foot in the door with the Sun Belt.
RE: Bamford: MAC expected to renew sponsoring men's soccer in 2025-26
In the end of the year rankings from Fall 2023, the four MAC schools were WMU (MVC) #6, Akron (BigEast) #45, NIU (MVC) #92, Bowling Green (MVC) #118. UMass ended the year 8th in the A10 at #108, Delaware 5th in the CAA, #81.
Post: #22RE: Bamford: MAC expected to renew sponsoring men's soccer in 2025-26
(Today 11:56 AM)e-parade Wrote:
Funnily enough, my first thought about soccer was that we might end up in a better situation. If this comes to be then that might be accurate?

Yes, MAC soccer has been fairly strong the past decade. We had several at-large NCAA bids a couple years back. As others have noted, Akron has won national championships.
https://csnbbs.com/thread-988014.html
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

UDHoops wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:16 am Can we still participate in FCS playoffs in 2024?
NOPE

In fact, if mama has ever wanted to take a post-Thanksgiving cruise or visit the Christmas markets in Germany, 2024 and 2025 are your years to get that done.

No FCS playoffs in 2024.

No bowl game in 2025. The rule change to 5-7 teams being bowl eligible, eliminated the chances of UD getting an exemption our first year in FBS.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Yep, thanks. When I asked that was when the first reports came out.
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

jd of de wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:46 pm
UDHoops wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:16 am Can we still participate in FCS playoffs in 2024?
NOPE

In fact, if mama has ever wanted to take a post-Thanksgiving cruise or visit the Christmas markets in Germany, 2024 and 2025 are your years to get that done.

No FCS playoffs in 2024.

No bowl game in 2025. The rule change to 5-7 teams being bowl eligible, eliminated the chances of UD getting an exemption our first year in FBS.
5-7 teams to a bowl game?

How long will it be before every team goes to a bowl game?

They will have to change the name to the post season appreciation participation game
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019