Field Hockey, Lacrosse and Men's Soccer Conference?

Discussion of Other Blue Hen Sports and Blue Hen Athletics in General
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Athletics to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Field Hockey, Lacrosse and Men's Soccer Conference?

Post by Henny »

Where will they land? I'm sure finding a conference won't be a problem.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Re: Field Hockey and Lacrosse Conference?

Post by UDHoops »

Men's Soccer as well
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

I was wondering the same thing. It would be awesome if we could join the ACC, Big10, or Big East conferences if that’s even a possibility. Would the CAA allow Delaware to remain in the CAA for just those sports?
Last edited by Jaxhen1 on Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henny

Post by Henny »

Good catch!
Henny

Re: Field Hockey, Lacrosse and Men's Soccer Conference?

Post by Henny »

The Big East would be a great fit!
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

JMU is joining the MAC for field hockey next season I believe after 2 years as an independent. I would have thought the Big East would have been a nice fit.

Time will tell, but the A10 offers all those sports.
#JustWinBaby
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Our AD may have some Big Ten connections for lacrosse….
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

bluehenbillk wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:07 pm Our AD may have some Big Ten connections for lacrosse….

Hmm, interesting.
#JUST WIN
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

having read all the 10 pages of posts-

So is "the sky falling" or is "the sky's the limit"? for me as I've posted ad nauseum, any move up to FBS football in ANY fashion is a truly wonderful decision by our BOT and athletic dept. I've got a lot more thoughts, but I will refrain posting more on this subject until it's finally official and the Montana game is complete- see exception below

So "patience is a virtue" but apparently a costly one for UD( maybe we can employ the successful JMU litigation argument to get the ncaa to drop the 5 Million price tag). Further I would hope/expect that Rawak et al have already arranged a nice list of opponents for the future. BTW- one team we must schedule is CAL-Berkeley( my eldest son's alma mater) or Clemson(my youngest son's alma mater). I would be tickled pink to finally compete against my kids on even ground.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

can you gohens directors move this over to the Roost "I'm awake-CUSA" thread- thanks
Henny

Post by Henny »

Read the title of the thread Tenn. it’ll explain why it’s here in the Barnyard.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

with all due respect, I'm aware of the thread title, but feel my thought(s) were more directed to my requested placement. If you won't move it, so be it though I don't see why it's an issue
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

I posted this on the lacrosse board:

The Big East and Big 10 are at the 6 AQ minimum and the ACC is at 5 so no AQ. The Big East and the Big 10 achieve the AQ using 1 associate member each: Denver and Hopkins, respectively. If more western US schools add teams might Denver someday team up with Utah and Air Force and others to form a western conference to cut down on their travel? Or might Hopkins opt for the ACC? They will likely always find a way to continue to play UMD. Might either conference want to add Delaware to protect their potential loss of an AQ?

Or, if I dare to dream, could Delaware find its way to the ACC for MLAX?

On the women side, all of these leagues are well stocked with members so no AQ urgencies there.
dchen

Post by dchen »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:23 pm I was wondering the same thing. It would be awesome if we could join the ACC, Big10, or Big East conferences if that’s even a possibility. Would the CAA allow Delaware to remain in the CAA for just those sports?
Are they even allowed to kick us out given that CAA Football is a separate legal entity from the all other sports CAA?
dchen

Post by dchen »

Hengrad07 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm JMU is joining the MAC for field hockey next season I believe after 2 years as an independent. I would have thought the Big East would have been a nice fit.

Time will tell, but the A10 offers all those sports.
Here's a thought for field hockey: America East has 9 teams three of which are California, Stanford and UC Davis. The first two are likely headed to the ACC given that new affiliation. UC Davis might not want to remain in the AE without Cal and Stanford as I'm sure those teams share travel costs. If all three departed, that would put the AE at the AQ minimum of 6 so adding us would be some insurance.