FCS Saturday

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

FCS Saturday

Post by 77HEN »

Wow, 8 games and they all look pretty great.

I had brief thoughts of going to the ML to watch the Nova kitties play YSU, but that was until I recalled the tailgating is pathetic and they have a HS stadium. I will stay in to watch all the games on my new (and sure to be short lived) ESPN+ subscription.

Really interested to see how the Albany-Richmond game goes and the MSU-NDSU game should be a good one (in Bozeman!).

Of course, we get to (almost) cap the day off watching the Hens in Missoula. The MT defense looks really good and their offense scores points, so……… Hoping against hope for the upset.

The last game to play out is ID/SIU, I’m picking the Salukis in that one. Although, I should pick the Vandals due to my 8 years in Idaho. But I was close to Idaho State down the road in Pocatello and very far from Moscow.

Go Hens!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Re: FCS Saturday

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Good Stuff 77

The playoffs are definitely what made FCS football special to me. We finally get to see those conference rivalries that the fans build up all year come together on the field.

I think Youngstown State is taking a bus to Philadelphia for this game, if they left yesterday they might be there by now… traffic I understand is horrific in Pa. very interesting game with Villanova. The MVFC fans are very confident about beating Nova due to Novas weak CAA schedule

I’m thinking Idaho will beat S Illinois at home, but yes a good game in the hanger

Albany needs to beat Richmond at home, but Albany seems to find ways to lose big games. I think QB Poffenbarger will get it done

Furman hosting Chattanooga- Furman lost QB Tyler Huff, lost to Wofford and limos into playoffs…. This will be a war

Poor Mercer, they will get crushed at South Dak St
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
77HEN

Post by 77HEN »

Wild Kitties defeat YSU Penguins 45-28
Albany over Richmond 41-17.
Furman looking like they will win.
SD looking good.
SDSU up 24-0 at half.
Montana State and NDSU just getting going.

Some home team needs to be defeated today. May as well be the Griz.
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Go Nova!

Go Albany!

The home teams are strong this round.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Checked on FCS now that it's halftime with the ALA leading GA in the SEC champ game
MSU #1 qb TM is down and OUT. Once to the well too often with allowing him to run SO often. NDSU down by 7 with less than 7 min to go. This could be an upset in the making. NDSU moving inside MSU side of the field.

Gotta say( which I realized I'd appreciate) the FCS playoffs are always fun though OTOH, FBS is the only choice. I hope/expect our present staff is capable of making the transition a reasonable success. They have the luxury of time on their side. We need to schedule a few good teams next season. I believe we should consider dropping the 2 OOC games we agreed to before the CUSA decision-JMHO. We need games to stoke fan enthusiasm and appeal to recruits for this upcoming 2024 season

NDSU_MSU game is 28-28. We'll see if the home crowd can pull their guys in
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

tenn hen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:57 pm Checked on FCS now that it's halftime with the ALA leading GA in the SEC champ game
MSU #1 qb TM is down and OUT. Once to the well too often with allowing him to run SO often. NDSU down by 7 with less than 7 min to go. This could be an upset in the making. NDSU moving inside MSU side of the field.

Gotta say( which I realized I'd appreciate) the FCS playoffs are always fun though OTOH, FBS is the only choice. I hope/expect our present staff is capable of making the transition a reasonable success. They have the luxury of time on their side. We need to schedule a few good teams next season. I believe we should consider dropping the 2 OOC games we agreed to before the CUSA decision-JMHO. We need games to stoke fan enthusiasm and appeal to recruits for this upcoming 2024 season

NDSU_MSU game is 28-28. We'll see if the home crowd can pull their guys in
I’d love to not play Del State AT Del State next year what a lovely non money making idea that was …but I don’t think we can without the media being all in on that one I just do t think it would be a good look like oh we are too good now wouldn’t be surprised if we had to keep playing then yearly as an OOC game …..ehhh
beancounter
UD Class: 1976

Post by beancounter »

Montana State loses to NDSU in overtime on a blocked extra point. That is the 4th time in 5 years (the other year was SDSU) that NDSU eliminated Montana state from the playoffs. Like Villanova is to us, NDSU is Montana State's daddy.
Proud to be a f@&king Blue Hen!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

beancounter wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:00 pm Montana State loses to NDSU in overtime on a blocked extra point. That is the 4th time in 5 years (the other year was SDSU) that NDSU eliminated Montana state from the playoffs. Like Villanova is to us, NDSU is Montana State's daddy.
Yep,

Every team has a Daddy next week Villanova visits Big Daddy in Brookings, South Dakota
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

77HEN

Post by 77HEN »

I was calling for a home team to lose thinking I want the Griz to lose. Now MT State loses. Let’s force an 0-2 on the state! Go Hens!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Southern Illinois missed a chip shot FG at end of regulation for the win and lost in OT to Idaho

And Montana St misses 2 FG (that I saw) and an XP in OT to lose to the Bison

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:55 am Southern Illinois missed a chip shot FG at end of regulation for the win and lost in OT to Idaho

And Montana St misses 2 FG (that I saw) and an XP in OT to lose to the Bison
They suck.

Fire their coaches.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Furman at Montana tonight

Of the 8 teams still playing

2 are from the just horrific CAA

2 are from the Big Sky

3 are from the MVFC

1 from the Southern

No CAA team has a home game

Big advantage when the home games are at cold weather places
Montana
South Dakota State
Idaho (loud Dome)

Interesting that North Dakota State is on the road but playing in Dome at South Dakota, Bison fans gobbling up tickets

Albany at Idaho should be a great game

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Should be some great games! Can the Purple Paladins hang in with the Grizz?!?!?
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Saturday Night, what gets more views???

One of these games or NXT Deadline PPV??? :D For me it's NXT!!

But I won't be watching, I'll be there!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: At NXT Deadline in case I wasn't clear? :lol: :lol:

Weekend of Great Pizza and Great Wrestling!!!
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Henny wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:53 am Should be some great games! Can the Purple Paladins hang in with the Grizz?!?!?
No but hoping so Henny

Can Nova boil the bunnies ?