FCS Saturday

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Re: FCS Saturday

Post by dovetail »

They probably would have had two if Grownowski was not injured early in the first quarter of the 2020 Championship game.
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

dovetail wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:43 am They probably would have had two if Grownowski was not injured early in the first quarter of the 2020 Championship game.
Totally forgot about that, yep
Los Angeles Harballers
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

HENJOHN wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:46 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:51 pm
hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:49 am watching Montana play NDSU, i dont THINK they will beat SDSU but it would shock me to see the Griz get blown out.
I’m leaning more towards a blowout

I picked Montana to win it all at the beginning of the Tournament and I am sticking with them. Just feel like its the Griz Year. I will go 26-23 Montana Wild Axes.
Bergen is spectacular

Just don’t kick it to him

My Capt obvious statement is Montana is good enough to cause some problems for them…

I hope it’s a close game and may the best team win
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

dovetail wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:43 am They probably would have had two if Grownowski was not injured early in the first quarter of the 2020 Championship game.
Very true. Of course, many teams MIGHT have won or at least challenged more favorably for trophies had it not been for injuries to critical players at key times in the season. Gronowski is one of the best QBs I've seen in my years of following this level of football.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:28 am
Very true. Of course, many teams MIGHT have won or at least challenged more favorably for trophies had it not been for injuries to critical players at key times in the season. Gronowski is one of the best QBs I've seen in my years of following this level of football.
Yeah...the IF folks are back. If, if, if. :lol:

If our DB didn't get hurt...if the Chain Gang didn't blow their job...KC would have had his 2nd title. As to Sammy, funny, it was raining early in that game and it caused a couple of uncharacteristic Sammy miscues and fumbles. The Wizard of Ez had a punt return TD called back because of a hmmm...penalty well away from the play. Several plays just missed that would have had Sammy up big and it wouldn't have mattered who was in at QB for SDSU. Sammy's DL was crushing the SDSU OL up until the last quarter. Odd game also...long lightning delay.

Harvin had a nice grab on the game winning drive for Sammy. :D
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

Cluck U wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:42 am

If our DB didn't get hurt...if the Chain Gang didn't blow their job...KC would have had his 2nd title. As to Sammy, funny, it was raining early in that game and it caused a couple of uncharacteristic Sammy miscues and fumbles. The Wizard of Ez had a punt return TD called back because of a hmmm...penalty well away from the play. Several plays just missed that would have had Sammy up big and it wouldn't have mattered who was in at QB for SDSU. Sammy's DL was crushing the SDSU OL up until the last quarter. Odd game also...long lightning delay.

Lots of if's back in the day...

...if Vergantino hadn't gotten the flu before the Marshall game in '92
...if any of those 4 Blue Hens around the fumbled kickoff had fallen on the ball in '93
...if that DB (wasn't sure if it was Haughabrook, memory fails me) had timed his jump better on 4th and 2 against McNeese in '97
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Gannonfan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:25 pm

...if any of those 4 Blue Hens around the fumbled kickoff had fallen on the ball in '93
...if that DB (wasn't sure if it was Haughabrook, memory fails me) had timed his jump better on 4th and 2 against McNeese in '97
speaking of old Blue Hens, Flacco seems to have a second wind
Los Angeles Harballers
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:31 pm

speaking of old Blue Hens, Flacco seems to have a second wind
One more win and they are in the playoffs.

Go Joe!
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Some powerful What Ifs there. The DB in '97 was Joe Montoban. He told me later he actually tipped the ball slightly with his middle finger. Shame.

The '93 Marshall kickoff in the Rain you referred to, I was right in front of it and still can't believe we didn't get that ball
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

South Dakota State ranked # 17 on Jeff Sagarin poll

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Don’t ever remember FCS team ranked this high
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019