FCS Saturday

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Re: FCS Saturday

Post by Caribbean Hen »

On Massey

https://masseyratings.com/cf2023/ncaa-d1/ratings

South Dakota St jumps 6 spots up to # 20 jumping over teams like Clemson, Oklahoma State, Louisville and 11 slots ahead of JMU.

Montana is # 58 or the second highest FCS in Div 1 rankings

South Dakota St has like 10 All Americans on the team

Just let em play in a News Years Day Bowl game…
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:18 am On Massey

South Dakota St jumps 6 spots up to # 20 jumping over teams like Clemson, Oklahoma State, Louisville and 11 slots ahead of JMU.

They are good but .......
Los Angeles Harballers
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:25 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:18 am On Massey

They are good but .......
But We’ll never know just how good

Just like Florida A&M who managed to get by Howard

Now let’s see a game between The Rattlers and Harvard
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

watching Montana play NDSU, i dont THINK they will beat SDSU but it would shock me to see the Griz get blown out.
Los Angeles Harballers
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:49 am watching Montana play NDSU, i dont THINK they will beat SDSU but it would shock me to see the Griz get blown out.
I’m leaning more towards a blowout

hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:51 pm
hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:49 am watching Montana play NDSU, i dont THINK they will beat SDSU but it would shock me to see the Griz get blown out.
The Jackalopes are certainly capable of doing so
Los Angeles Harballers
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:11 pm
The Jackalopes are certainly capable of doing so
Jackalopes

Like it

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

I picked Montana to win it all at the beginning of the Tournament and I am sticking with them. Just feel like its the Griz Year. I will go 26-23 Montana Wild Axes.
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

In my opinion, this year’s SDST team is the greatest FCS team of all time.
GO BIG BLUE!
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

hoopster wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:14 pm In my opinion, this year’s SDST team is the greatest FCS team of all time.
Maybe, but that 1996 undefeated Marshall squad was pretty darn good too.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:41 pm
hoopster wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:14 pm In my opinion, this year’s SDST team is the greatest FCS team of all time.
Wow, that was a team to remember, I mean forget. Made that trip there and it was a complete mismatch. Moss was unstoppable that day.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

For sure Marshall was better. That was a real top 20 team. This is a very, very good SDSU team, but let’s not get carried away, including the absolutely ridiculous rating of #20 in the country. In the playoffs this year, they beat Mercer, Villanova and Albany. That is nothing like the playoff gauntlet of years ago or even SHSU’s during the COVID year.
sylvanwilson
UD Class: 1986

Post by sylvanwilson »

Hens79 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:56 pm
For sure Marshall was better. That was a real top 20 team. This is a very, very good SDSU team, but let’s not get carried away, including the absolutely ridiculous rating of #20 in the country. In the playoffs this year, they beat Mercer, Villanova and Albany. That is nothing like the playoff gauntlet of years ago or even SHSU’s during the COVID year.
They are impressive as was Marshall. It's so hard to compare eras.
I will say for the Jackrabbits while they did play Mercer, Nova, and UAlbany in the playoffs, their regular season schedule included 8-9 ranked teams. Plus the 2 ranked teams in the playoffs. There is no other team that can say that this year, and maybe even any year in history.

I have the Rabbits in Frisco.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

It’s a subjective subject, but the two year’s SDSU has put together, in respect to who they have done it against, has been impressive. Save for a 6-3 loss to Iowa, they have made very good teams look very average, in dominating fashion. Hats off to the Jackrabbits.

That said, there needs to be a clip played in Brookings of the pregame hype that took place before the Patriots-Giants Super Bowl. It should be SDSU, but there is a reason they play the game.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

jd of de wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:36 pmIt’s a subjective subject, but the two year’s SDSU has put together, in respect to who they have done it against, has been impressive.
Oh, without question. They've been on an exceptional run.

But to put things into an historical context, SDSU has exactly ONE national championship in their entire history. One, as in five less than Delaware. Their success on a national level has been very recent and COULD be very fleeting unless they take opportunity of the momentum they've developed over the last several years. They could end up someday a decade or so down the road like Eastern Kentucky or Youngstown State or Delaware - with support waning and a ghost of what was because they stuck around where they didn't belong for too long.