Huge day for CUSA!

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Huge day for CUSA!

Post by bluehenbillk »

With Tulane losing yesterday, it could open the door for Liberty to qualify for a CFP bowl selection, the equivalent of making the 22-team playoff next year. On the other hand if they take a 2-loss American team over an unbeaten CUSA team it will tell you a lot about the G5 pecking order nationally.
Last edited by bluehenbillk on Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Re: Huge day for CUSA?

Post by UD '01 grad »

Georgia-Ohio State in the Orange Bowl would be a great matchup if it comes together.
bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk »

Liberty makes the Fiesta Bowl vs Oregon
hoopster
UD Class: 1993

Post by hoopster »

bluehenbillk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:49 pm Liberty makes the Fiesta Bowl vs Oregon
That’s huge for the conference! The amount of money CUSA gets from Liberty playing in the Feista Bowl will be impressive! I’m sure UD will indirectly benefit.
GO BIG BLUE!
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

But …. Isn’t this a “meaningless bowl game”? /s/

The benefits of the new neighborhood are already self evident. Of course, some will miss it anyway.
GhostOfThePeeWall

Post by GhostOfThePeeWall »

More realignment coming? Keeping an undefeated FSU out of the playoff doesn't bode well for the future of the ACC. Glad we jumped up to the G5 (G6, 7, maybe G8?) before whenever that next shift occurs.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Not that it was needed, but this increases the credibility of last week's move by UD.
#JUST WIN
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

bluehenbillk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:49 pm Liberty makes the Fiesta Bowl vs Oregon
WOW!!! Awesome.

The Tulane loss hurts me and my family though. Ugh.

I cannot believe Florida State got left out of the playoffs. Yeeesh.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Anyone who thinks that the move to CUSA isn't a good one for UD is just not living in reality. This simply had to happen, especially given how irrelevant FCS has become. Just being affiliated with Conference USA is already paying dividends. Rising tides lifts all boats. Time to get to work!!!
Randy Marsh
UD Class: 2020

Post by Randy Marsh »

Think SMU should have gotten that over them mind haha, Oregon by 40. Does help us and our new conference however. This is the kind of thing we should be aiming for down the road!
8)

2020 M.Ed. in Exceptional Children

Whiskey expert.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Tweet from The Athletic writer:

Conference USA getting the Fiesta Bowl means four of the five G5 conferences reached an NY6/CFP bowl in this era. Only the Sun Belt missed out.

AAC: 7
MWC: 1
CUSA: 1
MAC: 1

Next year, it's a CFP spot.
Sally in RI
UD Class: 1974

Post by Sally in RI »

I watched Friday night what was a very entertaining football game and I will watch on New Year’s Day. Go Liberty! It’s amazing that it’s possible to set our sights on playing on January 1! Lots of work ahead but

GO FIGHTIN’ BLUE HENS!!!

Sally in RI
bluehenbillk

Post by bluehenbillk »

GhostOfThePeeWall wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:22 pm More realignment coming? Keeping an undefeated FSU out of the playoff doesn't bode well for the future of the ACC. Glad we jumped up to the G5 (G6, 7, maybe G8?) before whenever that next shift occurs.
FSU was vocal about leaving the ACC before this season, I’d imagine today’s events accelerate that process. Will be interesting to see who else goes with them but I’d think the three adds they made this summer will keep the league alive.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

bluehenbillk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:31 am With Tulane losing yesterday, it could open the door for Liberty to qualify for a CFP bowl selection, the equivalent of making the 22-team playoff next year. On the other hand if they take a 2-loss American team over an unbeaten CUSA team it will tell you a lot about the G5 pecking order nationally.
You need to change the question mark to an explanation mark in the thread title!
#JUST WIN
bluehenbillk

Re: Huge day for CUSA!

Post by bluehenbillk »

Fixed it